28 Jun 2023
- Research Field
Engineering » Materials engineering
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
27 Jul 2023 - 23:00 (Europe/Lisbon)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Offer Starting Date
1 Sep 2023
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Reference Number
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Research Fellow – Micro and Nanostructuring for bifacial and semi-transparent Cu(In,Ga)Se2 solar cells
Job Reference: Ref.06.23.32
Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Group/Unit: Nanostructured Solar Cells
Number of Vacancies: 1
Employment Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 36 months
Open Date for Applications: June 28th, 2023
Closing Date for Applications: July 27th, 2023, 23h00m (Lisbon Time)
Key words: #photovoltaics, #solarcells, #microstructuring, #cleanroomfabrication
The Nanostructured Solar Cells Research Group is dedicated to the development of micro- and nanostructured solutions to improve the performance and range of applications of thin-film solar cells.
INL is seeking a qualified Research Fellow with a strong background in Physical Sciences or Material Engineering and experience in solar cell research. The selected candidate will work on (i) bifacial Cu(In,Ga)Se2 solar cells by developing nano-structured point-contact passivation schemes for transparent back contacts and (ii) semi-transparent Cu(In,Ga)Se2 solar cells by developing micro-structuring approaches for the absorber layer. The research will be developed under the project Hi-BITS – High efficiency bifacial thin film chalcogenide solar cells, funded by the Horizon Europe Research and Innovation Action grant no. 101122203.
The Research Fellow will undertake the following main activities and responsibilities:
- Cleanroom fabrication of thin dielectric passivation layers and the fabrication of point contacts for these layers
- Cleanroom fabrication of pre-structured substrates for micro-structuring Cu(In,Ga)Se2 solar cells to enable semi-transparent solar cells
- Fabrication and characterization of Cu(In,Ga)Se2 materials and solar cell devices
- Planning and execution of joint research activities with project partners
- Project reporting
- PhD in Physics, Material Science, Material Engineering, or similar
- Experience in photovoltaics, thin-film solar cells, Cu(In,Ga)Se2 solar cells
- Experience in cleanroom fabrication processes is a plus, such as thin-film deposition, photolithography, reactive ion etching, metrology;
- Additional relevant experience in characterization of materials and devices will be positively evaluated, such as scanning electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, Raman spectroscopy, solar cell characterization.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience of solar cell fabrication and characterization, preferably on thin-film and/or Cu(In,Ga)Se2 solar cells
- “Hands-on” approach together with a high commitment in respecting working deadlines;
- Highly organised and dynamic;
- Ability to work independently and as team player;
- Good communication skills.
- Competitive salary;
- Tax benefits and other Diplomatic privileges;
- Private health insurance;
- Family allowances (according to family situation);
- Free nursery service at INL premises (subject to availability);
- Support for education fees of dependent children;
- Relocation support;
- 30 working days of annual leave.
How to Apply
The application must be in English and include the following mandatory documents:
a) Cover letter;
b) Curriculum Vitae;
c) Academic and/or Professional diplomas;
Online application instructions:
Incomplete applications including the failure to provide mandatory documents or providing inaccurate information will result in the application not being considered.
How the Selection Process works
A. Applications eligibility check
This stage will be carried out on the basis of the mandatory requirements, education, experience and technical skills defined for the job, as well as the validation of the mandatory documents. Only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will move forward to the next stage.
B. CV Assessment
The Selection Committee will evaluate the eligible applications based on their CV and other submitted documents and the suitability for the position. The best ranked candidates will be shortlisted for the interview stage(s).
The interview(s) may be done in different formats: video recording, online or onsite.
The question based interview will evaluate the match between the candidate’s profile and the requirements for the position, including the technical and personal skills. To better support this stage, the candidate may be requested to prepare a short presentation.
The selected candidate will be nominated and formally offered the position, including the disclosure of the contractual conditions.
We highly value your interest in becoming part of the INL experience and it is important for us to maintain good communications with all candidates. No matter the outcome of your application, we will always provide you with feedback.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL follows a non-discrimination and equal access principle, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of and duties based on any possible discriminatory issues.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory – INL (http://www.inl.int ), is the first and only Intergovernmental Organisation in the world entirely focused on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
It was founded under an international legal framework to perform interdisciplinary research, deploy and communicate nanotechnology for the benefit of society. INL aims to be a recognised leading global nanotechnology innovation hub.
- Research Field
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- Number of offers available
Where to apply
Av. Mestre José Veiga, S/N
- Postal Code
Researcher In Tandem Solar Cell Materials, University of Oslo, Norway, 4 days ago
powered by: Cookie Information Nettsiden bruker cookies Vi ønsker at du skal være trygg når du bruker dette nettstedet. Vi benytter cookies for å sikre at du får en best mulig brukeropplevelse og ...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Ion Beam Based Thin Film Physics, Uppsala University, Sweden, 1 day ago
Published: 2023-11-20 The Department of Physics and Astronomy at Uppsala University invites applications for a researcher position in ion beam-based thin film physics. The research conducted at t...
Postdoctoral Researcher Or Doctoral Researcher In Cell Communication Group, University of Helsinki, Finland, about 16 hours ago
The Cell Communication group led by Dr. Kari Vaahtomeri at the Translational Cancer Medicine Research Program, Faculty of Medicine, University of Helsinki invites applications for a fixed-term pos...
Postdoctoral Position On Green Synthesis Of M Xenes/Perovskite Solar Cell Heterojunctions, ICN2, Spain, about 17 hours ago
As a flagship research center in nanoscience and nanotechnology, our mission is to open and explore new frontiers of knowledge at the nanoscale and bring value to society in the form of new unders...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Electrical Engineering, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Job Purpose To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the Univer...
Post Doctoral Position In Membrane Based Nano Mechanobiology, Institute of Photonic Sciences, Luxembourg, 1 day ago
ICFO is offering a postdoctoral position to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment...