26 May 2023
- Research Field
Engineering » Electrical engineering
Engineering » Electronic engineering
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
16 Jun 2023 - 23:00 (Europe/Lisbon)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Offer Starting Date
17 Jul 2023
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Reference Number
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Research Engineer – Development of Wireless Sensor Network for Electric Vehicle BMS Monitoring
Job Reference: Ref.05.23.30
Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Group/Unit: Systems Engineering
Number of Vacancies: 1
Employment Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 6 months
Open Date for Applications: May 26th, 2023
Closing Date for Applications: June 16th, 2023, 23h00m (Lisbon Time)
Key words: #embededhardware #datascience #hardwaredesign
The Systems Engineering Group is dedicated to bring advanced Nanoeletronics, into mainstream applications within the semiconductor, biomedical, agrifood, industrial, and industrial markets.
Are you a Research Engineer with knowledge in the development of hardware and software solutions?
INL is seeking a Research Engineer with knowledge in hardware and software solutions, to develop, test and integrate the data processing and analysis system using ML/AI frameworks to generate predictive and classification models, for a wireless sensor network for Electric Vehicle BMS to monitor the battery’s health.
The selected candidate will be working with a multidisciplinary group under the OPtimization of Electric Vehicle Autonomy (OPEVA) Project, that aims for innovation on aggregating information from the vehicle to create a model of performance and consumption specific to the individual vehicle and its driver, optimizing the individual driving episode using the out-vehicle data, such as state of the road, weather, etc. This project is funded by “HORIZON-JU-RIA”, with the code 101097267.
The job duties will be the following:
1. Development of an advanced wireless sensor network for Electric Vehicle BMS monitoring with current and electrochemical sensors for battery health monitoring;
2. Development of hardware and software (firmware and application software);
3. Testing and integration with the date processing and analysis system using ML/AI frameworks.
- MsC Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Physics Engineering
- Experience in Embedded Hardware development including Edge ML/AI frameworks;
- Past experience in working with international and cross-functional teams.
- Use of current and electrochemical sensors and test setups, including test jigs, computer interfacing and data acquisition (preferably in Python);
- Knowledgeable in data science including data extraction from sensors, large datasets analysis and development of data analysis pipelines;
- Knowledgeable with ML tools to develop prediction and classification models.
- Experience in Hardware design (Mixed-signal PCB design and Spice simulations);
- Experience in circuit design.
- “Hands-on” approach together with a high commitment in respecting working deadlines;
- Problem Solving ability;
- Customer orientation;
- Ability to work independently and as team player;
- Good communication skills.
- Competitive salary;
- Tax benefits and other Diplomatic privileges;
- Private health insurance;
- Family allowances (according to family situation);
- Free nursery service at INL premises (subject to availability);
- Support for education fees of dependent children;
- Relocation support;
- 30 working days of annual leave.
How to Apply
The application must be in English and include the following mandatory documents:
a) Cover letter;
b) Curriculum Vitae;
c) Academic and/or Professional diplomas;
Online application instructions:
Incomplete applications including the failure to provide mandatory documents or providing inaccurate information will result in the application not being considered.
How the Selection Process works
A. Applications eligibility check
This stage will be carried out on the basis of the mandatory requirements, education, experience and technical skills defined for the job, as well as the validation of the mandatory documents. Only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will move forward to the next stage.
B. CV Assessment
The Selection Committee will evaluate the eligible applications based on their CV and other submitted documents and the suitability for the position. The best ranked candidates will be shortlisted for the interview stage(s).
The interview(s) may be done in different formats: video recording, online or onsite.
The question based interview will evaluate the match between the candidate’s profile and the requirements for the position, including the technical and personal skills. To better support this stage, the candidate may be requested to prepare a short presentation.
The selected candidate will be nominated and formally offered the position, including the disclosure of the contractual conditions.
We highly value your interest in becoming part of the INL experience and it is important for us to maintain good communications with all candidates. No matter the outcome of your application, we will always provide you with feedback.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL follows a non-discrimination and equal access principle, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of and duties based on any possible discriminatory issues.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory – INL (http://www.inl.int ), is the first and only Intergovernmental Organisation in the world entirely focused on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
It was founded under an international legal framework to perform interdisciplinary research, deploy and communicate nanotechnology for the benefit of society. INL aims to be a recognised leading global nanotechnology innovation hub.
- Research Field
- Education Level
- Master Degree or equivalent
- Number of offers available
- INL - International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory
Where to apply
Av. Mestre José Veiga, S/N
- Postal Code
Software Developer Edge Computing And Internet Of Things Sensors, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 11 days ago
New affordable in-situ sensors are part of the Internet of Things (IoT) and enable us to build denser environmental sensor networks that measure phenomena more efficiently which vary greatly in sp...
Project Manager (Engineering), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 9 hours ago
The Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERIAN) invites applications for the position of Project Manager. ERI@N is establishing capabilities and physical test setups to support emerging industry requi...
Assistant Professor In Public Policy And Governance, University of Twente, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
Vacancies Assistant Professor in Public Policy and Governance Key takeaways Societal transitions as well as contemporary digital transformations in various policy fields (like healthcare and safet...
Part Time Assistant For Sensor Prototyping Dtu Offshore, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 4 days ago
We are currently seeking a part-time assistant to support prototype development for chemical sensors. You will join the Sensors & Functional Materials team, which works within the field of materia...
Eng D Position In The Integrated Circuits Group Of The Ee Department, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Position Engineering Doctorate (EngD) Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.6891 Job description EngD Program at TU/e The post-master designer’s progr...
Communication Professional (20 H/Week), University of Twente, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
Vacancies Communication professional (20 h/week) Key takeaways “Ethics of Socially Disruptive Technologies” (Esdit) is an international research programme of seven academic institutions in the Net...