Pre-Bologna degree or Master's degree in Forest Sciences
ForestWISE aims to develop research, innovation and technology transfer activities to increase the competitiveness of the Portuguese forest sector and reduce the negative consequences of rural fires. It therefore responds to the Ministers Council Resolution’s purpose n. 159/2017, by combining efforts of universities, the public sector and industry in a holistic and multidisciplinary approach to fire issues, forest enhancement and sustainable development of forest-based industry.
ForestWISE opens competition for a development technician in the scope of the project rePLANT - Implementation of collaborative strategies for integrated forest and fire management (Project code POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046081 (Aviso 14/SI/2019 - I&DT Empresarial (Programas Mobilizadores)).
Position: Project technician
Summary description of the function
Within the dependency of the executive coordination of ForestWISE and the coordination of rePLANT, it is the technician's responsibility to be contracted:
- Developing the actions under the rePLANT project that have been assigned to it;
- Transform into a service the skills resulting from the project, namely in the application of expeditious methods for carrying out a forest inventory and using advanced tools to support forest management.
- Contributing to client recruitment and managing the implementation of these same advanced consultancy projects.
- Preparing activity reports associated with their activities, for integration into project reports and activity plans.
- Carry out project management activities.
- Identify opportunities and develop all initiatives that may contribute to the implementation of the activities associated with the project.
- Promote and participate in communication, dissemination, and knowledge transfer initiatives of ForestWISE, associated to the project or others that may be relevant to it.
- Represent ForestWISE when requested, in events and initiatives relevant to their line of work and to ForestWISE in general.
Pre-Bologna degree or Master's degree in the areas related to Forest Sciences or similar
- Professional experience in the field of forest management, particularly in one or more of the following areas: information and technology for forest management, forest inventory, sampling techniques.
- Experience of working with public and private forestry sector entities and other agents of the forestry sector in Portugal.
- Experience in participating in and/or managing research and/or consultancy projects in collaboration with companies and entities within the national scientific and technological system.
- Fluent written and spoken Portuguese and English (level C1 of the Common European Reference Framework)
Personal skills/ Soft Skills:
- Organization and work method skills
- Ease of relationship with differentiated interlocutors
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationships
- Interview with candidates with curricular evaluation equal to or greater than 15 values
- The final classification will be the weighted average of the curriculum evaluation, which will assume a weight of 70%, and the interview, which will represent 30%
- Selection of the candidate with the best final ranking.
- The jury reserves the right to decide not to select any candidate if they agree that none of the candidates has the profile required.
The candidate to be hired will be entitled to an employment contract with a fixed monthly salary between TRU18 and TRU31 levels, according to the curriculum vitae and the experience presented and proven.
Workplace: Vila Real
Immediate availability (to start on 1 July 2021) and schedule flexibility
ForestWISE actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy. No candidate can be privileged, benefited, harmed or deprived of any right or exempted from any duty due to, namely, parentage, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic status, education, origin or social status, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
Carlos Fonseca - Chief Technology Officer
Alexandra Marques – Executive Coordinator
Jorge Cunha – Project Manager
Send curriculum vitae, degrees certificates, motivation letter and other documents, if necessary, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Date: From 10/05/2021 to 30/05/2021
Forestry Crew Member: Multiple, Ca, Great Basin Institute, United States, 20 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyGreat Basin InstituteLocationMultiple, CAJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalaryLiving Allowance: app...
Legal Counsel Scion, Scion, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Legal Counsel Exciting business partnering role in a specialised and unique environment. Support progressive research in forestry and the bio-economy. Flexible working arrangements in an enviable ...
Effects Of Soil Degradation On Soil Carbon Storage And Persistence In Forests, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 11 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-447) Laatst aangepast : 8/06/2021 Your work will be part of a fundamental research project funded by FWO and is a collaboration between the universities of Leuven (Prof. K. Vancampe...
Lab And Field Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, 14 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
2021 Usfs Roving Trail Team Ii Leader: Various, Student Conservation Association, United States, 18 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyStudent Conservation AssociationLocationVariousJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary$700/weekStart ...
Laboratory Assistant, Leiden University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and organisational support to the laboratories run by the Bioarchaeology Research Group. While these include the laboratories f...