24 May 2023
Instituto Politécnico de Bragança
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
7 Jun 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Lisbon)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Reference Number
Aviso n.º 10095/2023, DRE, 2ª série, N.º 100, 24 maio
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
1. By dispatch of the Sr. President of the Instituto Politécnico de Bragança, in the exercise of his own competences, it was decided to open an international selection competition for 1 (one) position of doctoral researcher at initial level to carry out scientific research activities in the scientific area of Biosystems Engineering, under a fixed-term public employment contract for a period of 3 years, automatically renewable under the terms of the law, in order to develop research activities under the Agenda "VIIAFOOD - Platform for Commercial Enhancement, Industrialization and Innovation for the Agro-Food Sector" (PRR | Notice No. 02/C05-i01/2022; Agenda no: C644929456-00000040), under the ID&T project "Study of the quality and shelf life of olive oils stored in novel bag in box packages".
2. Applicable legislation:
Decree-Law no. 57/2016, of 29 August, as amended by Law no. 57/2017, of 19 July, which approves a scheme for hiring PhD holders, aimed at stimulating scientific and technological employment in all areas of knowledge (RJEC);
Regulatory Decree No. 11-A/2017, of 29 December;
General Labour Law in Public Functions (LTFP), approved in annex to Law No. 35/2014, of 20 June, in its current wording.
3. Under the terms of article 16 of Decree-Law no. 57/2016, of 29 August, in the wording given by Law no. 57/2017, of 19 July, the present tender procedure is exempt from the authorization of the members of the Government responsible for the areas of Finance and Public Administration, namely the one referred to in no. 3 of article 7 of Law no. 35/2014, of 20 June, in its current wording. The present tender procedure is exempt from obtaining the prior favourable opinion of the members of the Government responsible for the areas of finance and Public Administration, referred to in no. 5 of article 30 of LTFP and from the procedure for recruitment of workers in a situation of requalification, referred to in article 265 of LTFP.
4. In accordance with article 13 of RJEC the competition jury has the following composition:
President: José Alberto Cardoso Pereira, Principal Coordinating Professor at the Instituto Politécnico de Bragança;
Effectve Member: António Manuel Coelho Lino Peres, Adjunct Professor at the Instituto Politécnico de Bragança;
Effective Member: Filipe José Nogueira Madeira Junior Researcher at the Mountain Research Centre;
Substitute Member: Paula Cristina dos Santos Baptista, Coordinating Professor at the Instituto Politécnico de Bragança;
Substitute Member: Nuno Miguel de Sousa Rodrigues, Assistant Researcher of the Mountain Research Centre.
5. The working place is at Instituto Politécnico de Bragança (Centro de Investigação de Montanha).
6. Gross monthly remuneration: (euro) 2,228.11, corresponding to level 33 of the single remuneration scale, approved by Order in Council no. 1553-C/2008, of 31st December.
7. National, foreign and stateless candidates holding a doctoral degree in the above-mentioned area and possessing a scientific and professional curriculum that reveals a profile that is adequate to the activity to be developed may apply to the competition. The candidates that hold a doctoral degree obtained abroad must prove the respective recognition under the terms of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of the 16th of August, or attach proof that they have requested it, without prejudice to, at the moment of hiring, such recognition having been officially granted, under penalty of exclusion.
8. The general requirements for admission to the competition are those defined in article 17 of the LTFP and the special requirements are those defined in the previous point.
9. If the applicant is not a native speaker of Portuguese, he/she must have language skills at level C1 or equivalent of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (QECR) in Portuguese.
10. The selection will be made through the methods "evaluation of the scientific and curricular background" of the candidates and "interview".
11. In accordance with article 5 of RJEC, the method "evaluation of the scientific and curricular curriculum" is carried out through the evaluation of the candidates' scientific and curricular background, focusing on relevance, quality and timeliness:
a) The scientific and technological production of the last five years considered most relevant by the candidate;
b) The applied research activities, or those based on practice, developed in the last five years and considered to have the greatest impact by the candidate;
c) The extension and knowledge dissemination activities carried out in the last five years, namely in the context of promoting scientific culture and practices, considered to be of greatest relevance by the applicant;
d) The management activities of science, technology and innovation programmes, or the experience in the observation and monitoring of the scientific and technological system or of higher education, in Portugal or abroad.
12. The five-year period referred to in the previous number may be extended by the jury, at the candidate's request, when based on suspension of scientific activity for socially protected reasons, namely for reasons of parental leave, prolonged serious illness, and other situations of unavailability for work that are legally protected.
13. Candidates must have research experience in the area of sustainable olive cultivation, in an integral perspective, with knowledge at the level of olive tree production and protection against pests and diseases, up to the final product.
14. The following criteria must be considered and weighted:
C1) Integrated assessment of the applicant's scientific production in the last five years, based on an overall view of the merit of the applicant's scientific and curricular career, namely the coherence and quality of the CV; the diversity of quality scientific indicators including books and book chapters, relevant scientific articles; editing of publications; experience of academic work; international internships; prizes, scholarships and distinctions; participation in juries and relevant experience, specifically in the respective scientific area.
C2) Evaluation of applied research activities, or activities based on practice, developed in the last five years and considered to have the greatest impact by the candidate, as well as extension and dissemination of knowledge activities, namely coordination or participation in applied research projects, or projects based on practice; technology transfer actions; organisation of scientific events; participation in events of a scientific nature; participation in extension and dissemination activities and dissemination of science; and participation in projects of national and international scientific, professional, social or cultural organisations of interest for CIMO's mission.
15. The weighting to be taken into consideration will be as follows:
C3) The candidates in the top 10 positions will be subject to an interview: 10%.
The final classification (CF) will be determined by the following formula
CF = 0,5*C1 + 0,4*C2 + 0,1*C3
16. The final classification system of the candidates is expressed in a scale from 0 to 20, being the value considered to the hundredths. Candidates who obtain a score of less than 9,5 in one of the methods, or who fail to attend the interview when applicable, will be excluded from the procedure.
17. The jury deliberates by means of a reasoned roll-call vote in accordance with the adopted and divulged selection criteria; abstentions are not allowed.
18. Minutes of the jury meetings shall be written, containing a summary of what took place, as well as the votes issued by each member and respective reasoning, and they shall be made available to the candidates whenever requested.
19. After concluding the application of the selection criteria, the jury shall prepare the ordered list of the approved candidates with the respective classification.
20. 20. The jury's final deliberation is homologated by the institution's top manager who is also responsible for deciding about hiring.
21. Formalizing applications:
21.1 The applications are formalised by means of a request addressed to the President of the Instituto Politécnico de Bragança, containing the identification of this announcement and respective reference, full name, number and date of the identity card/citizen card/civil identification number, tax identification number, date and place of birth, marital status, profession, residence and contact address, including e-mail and telephone contact.
21.2 The application is accompanied by the following documents:
a) Copy of certificate or diploma;
b) Doctoral thesis;
c) Detailed curriculum vitae, structured in accordance with Annex A, and the respective supporting documents;
d) Other relevant documents for the evaluation of the qualification in a related scientific area;
e) If the candidate resides more than 300 kms away from Bragança, and if he/she wishes, he/she may request the possibility to conduct the interview by teleconference.
f) Other documents.
21.3 When supporting documents of elements of the Curriculum Vitae, originally written in a language other than Portuguese, Spanish or English, are presented, a translation into Portuguese, Spanish or English, certified by an entity recognised for that purpose, must be simultaneously presented.
21.4 Failure to present documents related to the curriculum submitted by the candidate will result in the non-valuation of the elements that they should prove, applying the same consequence when the proofs are not organized in accordance with the model in Annex A.
21.5 The candidates should formalize the application by sending the documents through the electronic platform of competitions of the IPB available at https://concursos.ipb.pt , within 10 working days after the publication of the notice.
22. Candidates who formalize their application incorrectly or who do not prove the requirements of the present tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the jury has the right to demand from any candidate the presentation of documents that prove their statements.
23. False statements made by the candidates shall be punished under the terms of the law.
24. 24. The list of admitted and excluded candidates as well as the final ranking list are displayed at the Central Services Building of IPB, located at Santa Apolónia Campus, 5300-253 Bragança, published at IPB's open competition platform and the candidates are notified by e-mail.
25. 25. Prior hearing and deadline for the Final Decision: Under the terms of article 121 of the Administrative Procedure Code, after being notified, the candidates have 10 working days to state their opinion. Within 90 days, counted from the deadline for the submission of applications, the jury's final decisions are taken.
26. The present tender is exclusively aimed at filling the indicated vacancies and may be terminated until the final ranking list of the candidates is approved and expires with the respective occupation of the jobs on offer.
27. Policy of non-discrimination and equal access: The Polytechnic Institute of Bragança actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, whereby no candidate may be privileged, benefited, prejudiced or deprived of any right or exempted from any duty on the grounds of, namely, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation marital status, family situation, economic situation, education, origin or social condition, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
28. Under the terms of Decree-Law 29/2001, of 3 February, the disabled candidate has preference in equal classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. The candidates must declare in the application form, under oath, the respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of communication/expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the above mentioned diploma.
29. The processing of personal data within the scope of the tender procedure shall comply with the personal data protection policy available at http://portal3.ipb.pt/index.php/pt/ipb/quem-somos/proteccao-de-dados/politicas .
Model curriculum vitae to be submitted by candidates
1. Personal details
2. Scientific indicators
Books or book chapters
Relevant scientific articles
Editor/editorial board/guest editor
Guidance of Academic Assignments
Awards, Scholarships and Distinctions
Participation in juries
Other relevant activities
3. Applied research activities
Participation in applied research projects
Technology transfer actions
Organization of scientific and technical events
Participation in events of scientific nature
Participation in extension and diffusion activities and the dissemination of science
Participation in National and International Projects and Organizations of Scientific, Professional, Social or Cultural Interest
Other relevant activities
17th of May 2023. - The President of IPB, Prof. Doutor Orlando Isidoro Afonso Rodrigues.
- Research Field
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Instituto Politécnico de Bragança
- Postal Code
- Campus de Santa Apolónia
Where to apply
Campus de Santa Apolónia
- Postal Code
Postdoctoral Researcher For The Prince Claus Chair Opens External, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Postdoctoral Researcher for the Prince Claus Chair Postdoctoral Researcher for the Prince Claus Chair Published Deadline Location 22 Aug today 's-Gravenhage Postdoctoral Researcher for the Prince ...
Postdoctoral Researcher For The Fabrication Of Nanoporous Graphene Field Effect Transistors Atomic Manipulation And Spectroscopy Group, ICN2, Spain, about 16 hours ago
The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its rese...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Sustainability Analysis For A Circular Bioeconomy Transition, NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
About the job The Postdoctoral Fellowship position is a temporary position where the main goal is to qualify for work in senior academic positions. We have a vacancy for a Postdoctoral Fellow at t...
Max Weber Post Doctoral Fellowships , ;, Italy, 1 day ago
50-60 Max Weber Post-doctoral Fellowships Applications are now open for the 2024/25 entry to the Max Weber Post-doctoral Programme at the European University Institute (EUI) in Florence, Italy. Am...
Doctoral Research Fellow/Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Multilingualism "Speakers", University of Oslo, Norway, 8 days ago
powered by: Cookie Information Nettsiden bruker cookies Vi ønsker at du skal være trygg når du bruker dette nettstedet. Vi benytter cookies for å sikre at du får en best mulig brukeropplevelse og ...
Data And Research Assistant In Economics , ;, Luxembourg, 25 days ago
STATEC Research intends to recruit a junior economist with good programing skills for the position of Data and Research Assistant in Economics. Data or computer scientists will also be considered....