24 May 2023
International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw
- Research Field
Biological sciences » Biology
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
18 Jun 2023 - 23:55 (Europe/Brussels)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Offer Starting Date
1 Sep 2023
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Are you interested in knowledge valorization and are you ready to make a real impact by translating IIMCB discoveries into applications? Are you open to expand your expertise by engaging in the training in residence at the Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB) in Belgium, our strategic partner? Are you eager to build a dynamic team taking on the challenges of IP protection and technology transfer on an international level? If yes, please apply.
IIMCB hosts a vibrant, multinational community of scientists and is well connected internationally as exemplified by the composition of IIMCB's International Advisory Board and IIMCB's membership in EU-LIFE, an alliance of 15 top European research institutions. The IIMCB is on its way to unprecedented scientific and institutional growth. By expanding to 20 research by 2025 groups involved in innovative translational projects in RNA biology and cell biology, we aim to become a unique Polish center where excellent science is combined with professional IPR protection and commercialization. To this end, IIMCB establishes institutional support for translating basic science discoveries and research services into commercial applications and clinical innovations. The Technology Transfer Manager will be at the heart of these processes acting as an interface between the IIMCB scientists and potential clients, including clinics and business. He/she will become a core staff of the dedicated technology transfer unit at the IIMCB and will develop an array of activities for effective IIMCB knowledge valorization. The Technology Transfer Manager will benefit from 1,5-year training in residence at the Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB) located in Ghent, Belgium where he/she will gain expertise in identifying intellectual property with commercialization potential, validating research discoveries, establishing partnerships with industry, and using various knowledge transfer models.
The establishment of a comprehensive system of technology transfer support is a part of the IIMCB’s institutional project entitled “RNA and Cell Biology - from Fundamental Research to Therapies” (RACE) funded in the Teaming for Excellence programme under Horizon Europe.
- Research Field
- Biological sciences » Biology
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- Creating an environment at the IIMCB that fosters innovation and entrepreneurial thinking
- Engaging with researchers to inspire and motivate them to think about the relevance of their research to society and the practical application of their discoveries
- Monitoring the results of research conducted in the IIMCB laboratories and ensuring proper protection of results with commercialization potential
- Seeking funding sources and business partners for the development of inventions
- Applying for grants for technology development and commercialization, implement and report on them
- Building and presenting business cases and marketing materials with the aim to partner with industry (R&D collaborations and/or licensing)
- Expanding IIMCB's business network and building IIMCB's image as a business partner
- Cooperating with lawyers and patent attorneys in preparation of legal documents and their follow up (alliance management)
- Monitoring of IIMCB discoveries along the patenting and commercialization processes.
- PhD in life sciences
- Experience in biomedical research
- Experience in translational projects and technology transfer is an asset
- Strong interest to develop professional competences in technology transfer
- Readiness for a 1,5-year training in residence at VIB, Ghent, Belgium
- Strong analytical skills
- Decision-making and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Research Field
- Biological sciences » Biology
- Years of Research Experience
- 1 - 4
The IIMCB offers:
- Employment contract with the IIMCB and secondment for 1,5-year training in residence at VIB, Ghent, Belgium
- Full-time salary, including the secondment period, and additional secondment allowance
- Full-time salary complemented by 13th salary* after working min. 6 months in a given calendar year and annual bonus.
- Attractive social package (co-financing multisport cards, Christmas, Easter and summer holiday bonuses, etc.)
- Additional paid vacation starting from the 2nd year of employment
- Work in hybrid mode
- Professional development and business travel opportunities
- Full organizational and administrative support by professional English-speaking staff
- Friendly, inclusive, international working environment
*13th month salary is calculated as 8.5% of the gross salary received in a given year (excluding sick pay) under the condition of having worked 6 months in a given year.
The application should include:
- Cover letter explaining the motivation for joining the IIMCB
- Curriculum Vitae
- A concise statement of 1-3 professional achievements
- Contact information for two references
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org , in the subject please include "TTM" and your first and last name.
The deadline for applications is June 18, 2023 .
Applications should include the statement: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed only for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available at https://bit.ly/3UFWpY2 .
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw
- Postal Code
- ks. Trojdena 2
Where to apply
4, Ks. Trojdena
- Postal Code
Technology Expert For Single Cell Technologies, VIB, Belgium, about 7 hours ago
Background VIB (Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie) is a renowned life sciences research institute in Belgium, committed to conducting groundbreaking research in life sciences and biotechnology ...
Research Technician, Transcription Dynamics In Single Cells, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 2 days ago
We are looking for a motivated technician to join Dr Tineke Lenstra’s team. The main interest of the lab is to understand the regulatory mechanisms and dynamics of eukaryotic transcription. To stu...
Lab Technician In The Lab For Tumor Inflammation And Angiogenesis, VIB, Belgium, 2 days ago
The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology (CCB) is one of the research departments of VIB within the University of Leuven, located on the University Hospital campus in Leuven. CCB hosts 13 resea...
Cell Processing Tech Ii, Emory University, United States, 15 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Lab Technician In The Mechanics Of Organelle Remodeling Laboratory, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, 1 day ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...
Head Vib Bioimaging Core, VIB, Belgium, about 7 hours ago
VIB, a leading knowledge center in life sciences and biotechnology, is committed to fostering the growth of Flanders' life sciences cluster. The VIB Technologies program provides access to cutting...