The competition is open to persons who meet the requirements specified in Articles 113 and 116(2) of the Act
of 20 July 2018. Law on Higher Education and Science (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2022, item 574, as amended) and in § 90, 92 - 94 of the Statutes of the University of Economics in Katowice, and also meet the following qualification criteria:
- they have at least a Master's degree, Master of Engineering or equivalent obtained
have at least a master's degree, master's degree in engineering or an equivalent degree from a faculty belonging to the social sciences,
- they have aptitude for research work confirmed by the opinion of a person holding the title of professor or the degree of doctor habilitated
- have a list of publications or a concept for a scientific article on issues related to the scientific interests of the unit,
- have a plan for their scientific development for the next two years,
- have a command of at least one modern foreign language,
- have a fluent command of spoken and written Polish,
- graduation from Master's studies or equivalent not earlier than 5 years before the date of the competition will be preferred,
- Preference will be given to graduation from Master's studies or equivalent studies with diploma grade no lower than 4,5,
- preferably a Master's degree or equivalent in economics or in another discipline related to economics and finance,
- Documented knowledge of English at min. C1,
- documented above-standard activity during studies (scientific circles, student organizations, conferences, publications) will be an additional asset,
- scientific publications within the last 5 years in the field of economics and
and finance in journals included in the current list of scientific journals
and reviewed materials from international conferences of the minister responsible for higher education or published in publishing houses included in the current list of publishing houses publishing reviewed scientific monographs of the minister responsible for higher education,
- documented, active (paper presentation) participation in scientific conferences in the field convergent with the research profile of the Department (economic theory) in the last
The person employed as Assistant in the Department of Economics at the Faculty of Economics will be responsible for performing tasks related to: educating students of the University of Economics in Katowice, scientific development and scientific and research activities, including cooperation with research institutions and entities from the business environment in terms of achieving the objectives of the Department and the University, organizational activities for the Department/Department/University and other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Planned date of employment: 01.09.2022.
Type of contract: fixed-term employment contract (0.5 FTE)
Planned period of employment: 2 years
Gross basic salary:
assistant - PLN 1850 (in words: one thousand eight hundred and fifty zlotys)
- Application for employment addressed to the Rector of the University, together with the correspondence address and contact details (e-mail address and telephone),
- personal questionnaire,
- photocopy/scan of the diploma,
- other documents confirming the candidate's qualifications,
- a statement of the relationship to your immediate superior,
- statement about the primary/secondary place of employment,
- statement regarding legal capacity, lack of a criminal record and exercise of public rights
- statement on consent to processing of personal data*.
Application documents can be submitted:
- in person with the annotation on the documents "Announcement No. 06/2022/AS/KE/EC"
to the Human Resources Development Office at the University of Economics in Katowice,
1 Maja Street 50, 40-287 Katowice, the Rector's Office building; room 2/23, phone +48 32257-7051.
- by post with the note on the envelope: "Announcement No. 06/2022/AS/KE/EC".
(the effectiveness of the application is determined by the date of receipt of the mail at the University) to the address:
Human Resources Development Office (2/23 Rektorat building)
1 Maja Street 50
- at the e-mail address: email@example.com , e-mail title: "Announcement No. 06/2022/AS/KE/EC"
Deadline for submitting documents: from 15.06.2022 to 30.06.2022.
After preliminary verification of the submitted offers, interviews with the selected candidates will be held from 06.07.2022 to 13.07.2022.
Settlement of the competition will take place by: 15.07.2022 r.
The result of the competition is not tantamount to employing the candidate, but constitutes only a recommendation to the Rector. The final decision on employment is taken by the Rector.
* In the case of providing personal data in a broader scope than the one resulting from Article 22¹ § 1 of the Labour Code (i.e. providing additional personal data apart from the ones required), the candidate should enclose a clause on expressing consent to the processing of personal data contained in the application documents for the purposes of the recruitment process.
The administrator of your personal data is the University of Economics in Katowice, with its seat at ul. 1 Maja 50, 40 - 287
in Katowice, hereinafter referred to as: "the administrator".
The relevant information clause RODO of the controller can be found at the controller, on the controller's website and
in the administrator's Public Information Bulletin.
 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to relation to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation on Data Protection) [EU OJ L. 2016 No. 119, item 1, as amended].
Belgian Federal Science Policy (Federaal Wetenschapsbeleid): Bilateral Agreements, Ghent University, Belgium, about 3 hours ago
The Belgian Federal Science Policy Agency is responsible for coordinating the preparation and follow-up of the scientific section of bilateral agreements for economic, industrial, scientific and t...
Ph D Researcher Business Models To Facilitate Flexible Energy Communities, Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, 1 day ago
We are looking for We are looking for an enthusiastic PhD researcher to conduct cutting-edge research on the development of business models to facilitate flexible energy communities to pave the wa...
Communications Manager, Arizona State University, United States, 13 days ago
81621BR Campus: Tempe Mgr Marketing +Communication Job Description This job will be focused on one of the most dynamic areas of focus within the university and on issues that the university has be...
International Student Support Grant, International Student Support Grant, Australia, about 21 hours ago
PACK & SEND is Australia’s leading parcel courier and freight reseller. We deliver choice, convenience and customised solutions for students, businesses, e-tailers and consumers when sending goods...
Fachbereich Geschichts Und Kulturwissenschaften Ostasien Und Vorderer Orient Exzellenzcluster "Contestations Of The Liberal Script" (Scripts)Student Assistant (M/F/D) 41 H/Month Limited To 2 Years Reference Code: Scripts Kostka Shk2022 Bewerbungsende: 16.08.2022, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 12 hours ago
The Cluster of Excellence “Contestations of the Liberal Script (SCRIPTS)” is a research consortium that analyses the contemporary controversies about the model of liberal democracy and the market ...
Fachbereich Wirtschaftswissenschaft Wiss. Einrichtung Für Volkswirtschaftslehre Professur Für Empirische Wirtschaftsforschung Und Gender Student Assistant (M/F/D) 41 H/Month Limited To 30.06.2025 Reference Code: 04/22/Hk04 Bewerbungsende: 22.08.2022, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 12 hours ago
We are looking for a student assistant (m/f/d) for an international, comparative third-party research project titled "Gender Norms and Labor Market Outcomes (GeNLaMO)" funded by the German Researc...