18 May 2023
The International Institute of Molecular Mechanisms and Machines Polish Academy of Sciences
- Research Field
Biological sciences » Biology
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
30 Jun 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Warsaw)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Offer Starting Date
1 Jul 2023
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Reference Number
Postdoc SonataBisKS 05 2023
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The International Institute of Molecular Mechanisms and Machines (IMol) Polish Academy of Sciences, was constituted in December 2020, in partnership with University Medical Centre Göttingen, Germany and University of Warsaw, Poland. IMol has been established to conduct scientific research and provide training in the fields of biological, chemical, medical, biotechnological, bioinformatics, biophysical, pharmacological, and similar sciences, in the international environment conducive to collaborative efforts, research and development interactions with biotechnological industry, and wide dissemination of our results. We aim at the development of solutions that will help everyone on this planet live a safer life.
Currently IMol is seeking highly motivated candidates for a position of: Postdoc in Cell Biology / Biochemistry
The work will be conducted in the Laboratory of Metabolic Quality Control under the supervision of Dr Karolina Szczepanowska. We are a newly established and vigorously developing group of science enthusiasts aiming to discover the mechanisms that shape cellular metabolism in response to disease-associated stress. Your postdoctoral project will focus on dissecting the role of boosted proline biosynthesis in mammalian cells suffering from dysfunctional mitochondria. Mitochondrial dysfunction underlies a range of life-threatening diseases for which effective treatments are still missing. Your research will shed light on fundamental mechanisms implemented in the cellular response to metabolic stress and help design new therapeutical strategies to combat mitochondrial diseases.
Using a set of state-of-the-art proteomics, cell imaging, biochemistry and molecular biology approaches combined with 3D cell culture, you will investigate the consequences of metabolic reprogramming stimulated by failing mitochondrial function. Joining us will allow you to develop an exciting research project with possible translational application and master numerous advanced experimental techniques.
Furthermore, you will benefit from a collaborative and dynamic scientific environment.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
- Ph.D. project in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related fields (obtained not earlier than 2016)
- Very well-structured knowledge in cell biology and biochemistry
- Previous hands-on training in molecular biology, cell biology or biochemistry lab
- Good command of English is essential
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience with mammalian cell culture and cell imaging techniques would be advantageous but is not obligatory
- Planning and performing experiments
- Keeping a record of experimental details
- Data analysis, interpretation and discussion
- Presenting results at internal and external meetings/conferences
- Preparing manuscripts for publication in scientific journals
- Active participation in the research conducted in the lab.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Full-time position for up to 3 years
- Salary of up to ca. 6.900 net/month
- Medical care package and social benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Collaborative and supportive work culture
- Participation in an ambitious interdisciplinary project
- Working with state-of-the-art research equipment
- Opportunity to gain unique professional experience
Please apply by filling in this form: https://forms.gle/c6dJDKYmkYytDM7b9
You will be asked to attach the following documents – please combine them into 1 pdf document
- Cover letter
- List of publications
- Reference contacts (please do not send generic letters, contact details only)
- Research Field
- Biological sciences » Biology
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- Number of offers available
- The International Institute of Molecular Mechanisms and Machines Polish Academy of Sciences
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Research Fellow (Human Genetics), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Job Description The successful candidate will work with Dr. Liu Boxiang on leveraging functional genomics approaches to understand the molecular mechanisms of complex diseases. The main responsibi...
Research Fellow (Pharmacy), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Job Description The laboratory of A/Prof Victor Yu at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is currently recruiting a (Postdoctoral) Research Fellow. We are seeking for a motivated post-docto...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Cruchaga Lab, Washington University In St. Louis, Mo, Vanderbilt University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Posted by hagansa2 on Wednesday, September 13, 2023 in Job Opportunities . The Cruchaga Lab, member of the NeuroGenomics and Informatics Center, is recruiting a motivated, c...
Research Fellow (Biological Sciences), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Job Description Research Fellow Position in Cultured Seafood Meat My Laboratory in National University of Singapore (Department of Biological Sciences) is seeking a highly-motivated Research Fello...
Research Fellow (Immunotherapy Development For Pancreatic Cancer Treatment), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Job Description The National University of Singapore invites applications for Postdoctoral Research Fellow for “Immunotherapy development for pancreatic cancer treatment” in the laboratory of Dr M...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Neuroscience And/Or Human Stem Cell Based Neuronal Models, UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS Postdoctoral researcher We are looking for a skilled postdoctoral fellow with a background in neuroscience and/or human stem cell based neuronal models at the Institute...