The Centre of New Technologies is looking for a highly motivated person to operate of the Next Generation Sequencing Core Facility, which is a high throughput laboratory providing cutting edge next generation technologies to the Center of New Technologies – University of Warsaw.
Scientific discipline: Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Next Generation Sequencing
Job type (employment contract/stipend): employment contract
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/stipend amount/month: salary adequate to the level of experience
Position starts on: As soon as possible
Institution: Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw
The Research Specialist will be responsible for:
- Assisting with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) as part of the core facility's operation; current platforms include the NovaSeq 6000 system (Illumina);
- Managing ongoing daily activities including sequencer set up, maintenance of equipment, freezer management, use of established protocols, sample quality control and troubleshooting of problems with direct coordination of the supervisor;
- Cooperating with scientists and external parties, including commercial entities; demonstrating activity in the implementation of scientific projects and provision of commercial services;
- Adhering to strict safety protocols and may require the use of personal protective equipment.
- MSc graduate in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Chemistry-related.
- PhD degree or a strong relevant experience in biomedical science / bioinformatics / math / computer science-related field;
- Molecular biology experience with NGS, sample and library quality control, and sequencing machine set up;
- Proficiency utilizing onboard sequencer set up, core or service facility experience;
- Experience with multiple next generation sequencing platforms, including Illumina NextSeq or HiSeq;
- Experience with sample preparation for NGS sequencing.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques and working knowledge of basic computer skills: Microsoft Office, especially Excel. The ideal candidate must have the ability to organize, track and utilize reagents and samples for high-throughput analysis in support of genomic studies and in DNA sequencing, data review and stringent record keeping.
- Cover letter,
- Reference contacts.
- Attractive salary adequate to presented skills and experience;
- Stable employment.
Please submit the following documents to:email@example.com .
Application deadline: 22nd December 2018.
We will contact selected candidates only.
For more details about the position please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please include in your offer:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw.
I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), University of Warsaw hereby informs:
Scientist Genomics, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 8 hours ago
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland Position Description: HJF is seeking a Scientist for the Collaborative Health Research Initiative Progr...
Senior Program Analyst/Bioinformatics, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Description: The Center for Infection and Immunity (cii.columbia.edu) in the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University - one of the world's most advanced academic centers for...
Bioinformatics Scientist, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Description: The Center for Infection and Immunity (cii.columbia.edu ) in the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University - one of the world's most advanced academic centers fo...
Untangling The Gut Microbiota Development (Bacteria, Viruses, Fungi And Parasites) In Bangladeshi Infants Using Various Metagenomics Approaches, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 18 hours ago
(ref. BAP-2019-179) Laatst aangepast : 5/04/2019 The Laboratory of Viral metagenomics (part of the Laboratory of Clinical and Epidemiological Virology) at the Rega Institute is headed by Prof. Jel...
Senior Research Scientist, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 16 hours ago
Senior Research Scientist Med-Biomedical Informatics - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (19002507) The Department of Biomedical Informatics at the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA, seeks a Seni...
Genetic Epidemiology Of Cancer , National Institutes of Health, United States, about 8 hours ago
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, Bethesda, MD and surrounding area Position Description: Dr. Mitchell Machiela , an investigator in the DCEG Integrative Tum...