The Centre of New Technologies is looking for a highly motivated person to operate of the Next Generation Sequencing Core Facility, which is a high throughput laboratory providing cutting edge next generation technologies to the Center of New Technologies – University of Warsaw.
Scientific discipline: Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Next Generation Sequencing
Job type (employment contract/stipend): employment contract
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/stipend amount/month: salary adequate to the level of experience
Position starts on: As soon as possible
Institution: Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw
The Research Specialist will be responsible for:
- Assisting with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) as part of the core facility's operation; current platforms include the NovaSeq 6000 system (Illumina);
- Managing ongoing daily activities including sequencer set up, maintenance of equipment, freezer management, use of established protocols, sample quality control and troubleshooting of problems with direct coordination of the supervisor;
- Cooperating with scientists and external parties, including commercial entities; demonstrating activity in the implementation of scientific projects and provision of commercial services;
- Adhering to strict safety protocols and may require the use of personal protective equipment.
- MSc graduate in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Chemistry-related.
- PhD degree or a strong relevant experience in biomedical science / bioinformatics / math / computer science-related field;
- Molecular biology experience with NGS, sample and library quality control, and sequencing machine set up;
- Proficiency utilizing onboard sequencer set up, core or service facility experience;
- Experience with multiple next generation sequencing platforms, including Illumina NextSeq or HiSeq;
- Experience with sample preparation for NGS sequencing.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques and working knowledge of basic computer skills: Microsoft Office, especially Excel. The ideal candidate must have the ability to organize, track and utilize reagents and samples for high-throughput analysis in support of genomic studies and in DNA sequencing, data review and stringent record keeping.
- Cover letter,
- Reference contacts.
- Attractive salary adequate to presented skills and experience;
- Stable employment.
Please submit the following documents to:email@example.com .
Application deadline: 22nd December 2018.
We will contact selected candidates only.
For more details about the position please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please include in your offer:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw.
I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), University of Warsaw hereby informs:
Automation Technician/Assistant (Time Limited), Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 15 hours ago
The AutoFlow group at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (CFB), at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), is seeking a skilled laboratory technician to assist with automa...
Clinical Molecular Technologist, University of Alberta, Canada, 2 days ago
Department of Medical Genetics Competition No. - S115439318 Posting Date - Aug 14, 2019 Closing Date - Aug 21, 2019 Position Type - Full Time - Grant Funded Salary Range - $67,...
Bioinformatics And Comparative Genomics, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 8 hours ago
Cancer Genetics and Comparative Genomics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, Bethesda, MD and surrounding area Position Description: A postdoctoral training position is currently ava...
LaborAtOry CoOrdinAtor In Single Cell OpErATions, Fimm, University of Helsinki, Belgium, about 1 hour ago
The University of Helsinki is a leading Nordic university with a preeminent role in life science research. The Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland (FIMM) is an international research institut...
Scientist: Molecular Forest Pathologist (Bioinformatics) Scion, Scion, New Zealand, about 22 hours ago
Are you excited by the opportunities that microbiology and plant pathology can contribute to forest health and therefore the planets health? Do you enjoy working with genomic data sets that can he...
Research Technician (100%), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland, 2 days ago
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. It is renowned for its excellent education, its cutting-edge fundamental research and its efforts to p...