24 Oct 2023
International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw
- Research Field
Biological sciences » Biology
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
26 Nov 2023 - 23:55 (Europe/Brussels)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Offer Starting Date
1 Jan 2024
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (IIMCB), Poland invites researchers interested in becoming an Innovation Specialist to apply.
Do you have background in biological sciences (PhD, MD-PhD or equivalent)? Are you looking for an innovative path of your career development? Are you open to learn the essentials of knowledge valorization by engaging in a training-in-residence at the Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB) in Belgium, which is IIMCB’s partner institution with 25 year history of successfully bridging research with commercialization? Are you ready to make a meaningful impact by translating IIMCB research discoveries into real-world applications? If so, this unique offer is for you.
The IIMCB hosts a vibrant, multinational community of scientists and is well connected internationally as exemplified by the composition of the IIMCB's International Advisory Board and the IIMCB's membership in EU-LIFE, which is an alliance of 15 top European research institutions. The IIMCB is on its way to unprecedented scientific and institutional growth.
We are preparing to expand to 20 research groups by 2025, all involved in innovative translational projects in the fields of RNA biology and cell biology. We aim to become a unique Polish center where excellent science is combined with professional protection of intellectual property rights and commercialization. To this end, the IIMCB is establishing a dedicated technology transfer unit for translating basic science discoveries and research services into commercial applications and clinical innovations.
- Research Field
- Biological sciences » Biology
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
The successful candidate will manage intellectual property assets of the IIMCB by providing professional support in the identification, reviewing, legal protection and licensing of IIMCB inventions. The successful candidate will become a core staff member of the new technology transfer unit at the IIMCB and will benefit from a one-year training-in-residence at the VIB located in Ghent, Belgium, where the candidate will gain ample expertise in identifying and managing intellectual property.
The establishment of a comprehensive system of technology transfer is a part of the IIMCB’s institutional project entitled “RNA and Cell Biology - from Fundamental Research to Therapies” (RACE) funded in the Teaming for Excellence programme under Horizon Europe.
- Creating an environment at the IIMCB that fosters innovation and entrepreneurial thinking
- Engaging with researchers to inspire and motivate them to think about the relevance of their research to society and the practical application of their discoveries
- Monitoring the results of research conducted in the IIMCB laboratories to determine their commercialization potential and recommend whether intellectual property protection should be sought
- Evaluating freedom to operate for innovative projects, assisting in conducting patenting procedures
- Organizing, managing, and following all patents, trademarks, and copyrights
- Overseeing IP related issues in externally funded research projects, including drafting IP agreements and managing IP during projects implementation
- Providing IP training to IIMCB researchers and advising on all IP-related matters
- PhD in life sciences, MD-PhD or equivalent research experience
- Analytical mind, capable of analyzing a broad spectrum of life science topics and with the ability to deep-dive into scientific content
- High multitasking capacity combined with the ability to respect deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in oral and written English and Polish
- Readiness for 1-year training-in-residence at VIB, Ghent, Belgium
- Research Field
- Biological sciences » Biology
- Years of Research Experience
- 1 - 4
The IIMCB offers:
- Employment contract with the IIMCB and secondment for 1-year training-in-residence at VIB, Ghent, Belgium
- Full-time salary in the range of 9 000 - 11 000 PLN gross, including the period of secondment, and an additional allowance for a secondment of 10 400 PLN gross
- Full-time salary is complemented by an additional 13th salary* plus an annual bonus.*13th salary is calculated as 8.5% of the gross salary received in a given calendar year (excluding sick pay) under the condition of having worked a minimum of 6 months in a given year.
- Attractive social package (co-financing Multisport cards, Christmas, Easter and summer holiday bonuses, etc.)
- Additional paid vacation time starting from the 2nd year of employment
- Possibility to work in a hybrid mode
- Professional development and business travel opportunities
- Full organizational and administrative support by professional English-speaking staff
- Friendly, inclusive, international working environment
The application shall be written in English and should include:
- Cover letter explaining the motivation for joining the IIMCB
- Curriculum Vitae
- A concise statement of 1-3 professional achievements
- Contact information for two references
Applications should be sent to [email protected] , in the subject please include "IS" and your first and last name.
The deadline for applications is November 26, 2023.
Job interviews are scheduled for December 1, 2023.
Applications should include the statement: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed only for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available at https://bit.ly/3UFWpY2 .
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw
- Postal Code
- ks. Trojdena 2
Where to apply
4, Ks. Trojdena
- Postal Code
Internship In Drug Metabolic Effects , University of Basel, Switzerland, 6 days ago
Your profile We are scouting for a highly motivated and talented individual with a master's degree in Life Sciences, ideally with a focus on applied cell biology and/or bioanalytics. Additionally,...
Research Technician – Vib Ku Leuven Laboratory For Immunology Of Metastatic Ecosystems, VIB, Belgium, 5 days ago
The Laboratory for Immunology of Metastatic Ecosystems is looking for a full-time research technician to assist us with our experimental efforts. We are a young and diverse lab embedded within the...
Staff Scientist In Bacterial Anaerobic Cell Wall Metabolism , Umeå University, Sweden, 7 days ago
Umeå University is one of Sweden’s largest higher education institutions with over 37,000 students and about 4,700 employees. The University offers a diversity of high-quality education and world-...
Ph.D. Position In Immunology/Cancer Immunotherapy (Beltra Lab) , University of Basel, Switzerland, 6 days ago
The Department of Biomedicine is a joint effort between the University of Basel and the University Hospitals Basel. It unites basic and clinical scientists to advance our understanding of health a...
Postdoctor In Adoptive Cell Therapy, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 21 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? We are looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher with an interest in Adoptive Cell Therapy and how it can be used as treatment. When joining ...
Research Associate Ii Metabolic Research, City of Hope, United States, about 3 hours ago
Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions. Join the forefront of groundbreaking research at the Beckman Research Instit...