WLS – 1220 / 7-2 / 2022
DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF APPLIED LINGUISTICS
with the consent of the Rector of the University of Warsaw
announces a competition at the Institute of Applied Linguistics for the position of Assistant Professor in the research and teaching group in the field of English linguistics and translation studies. The position entails a full-time contract from 1 October 2022 until 30 September 2024.
The competition is open to persons who, in accordance with the Act - Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (as amended) and the Statutes of the Senate of the University of Warsaw of 26 June 2019 (as amended), have:
- PhD degree in linguistics,
- MA degree in English philology /applied linguistics,
- documented several years of teaching experience in the area of finance and banking in English,
- documented participation in conferences, training and workshops for translators,
- documented participation in research projects,
- scientific publications,
- research interests: languages and specialized translation (finance, economy, law), corpus research,
- knowledge a foreign language, other than English, offered at the Institute of Applied Linguistics highly recommended,
- documented content knowledge of law, finance, and banking highly recommended.
Description of the main duties of the employed research and teaching staff member.
1. carrying out research activities, training and educating students or participating in the training of doctoral students.
2. taking part in organisational works for the benefit of the University and continuous development of their professional competences.
Candidates should submit:
1. a letter of application for the position, addressed to the Rector.
2. personal questionnaire, including the consent concerning the processing of personal data during the recruitment process (downloadable from the University website https://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp-druki-do-pobrania/ ).
3. a statement of commitment to take up employment at the University of Warsaw as the main workplace (downloadable from the University website, https://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp-druki-do-pobrania/ ).
4. a statement by which the applicant confirms that he/she has read and accepts the rules of the competition for the position of an academic teacher, available at: https://monitor.uw.edu.pl/Lists/Uchway/Attachments/5034/M.2019.282.Zarz.106.pdf .
5. a curriculum vitae, presenting the professional career to date.
6. PhD diploma in Humanities (Linguistics).
7. MA diploma in English philology/linguistics.
8. information concerning teaching experience in the area of specialized text translation of finance and banking in English.
9. information regarding participation in conferences, training and workshops for translators
10. information on participation in research projects.
11. list of scholarly publications.
12. information regarding research interests: languages and specialized translation (finance, economy, law), corpus research,
13. a recommendation letter from an independent researcher covering the candidate’s previous teaching experience.
Candidates may also submit:
14. information concerning knowledge of a foreign language, other than English, offered at the Institute of Applied Linguistic.
15. information detailing content knowledge of law, finance, and banking.
The documents have to be submitted in person or by post by 13/07/2022 to the Dean's Office of the Faculty of Applied Linguistics of the University of Warsaw, 55 Dobra Street (room 2.244) from 9.00 am to 13.00. The Competition will be decided by the Faculty Competition Committee by 19/09/2022
Candidates will be informed of the outcome of the competition by telephone or e-mail. The Competition constitutes the first stage of the procedure of employment at the position of an academic teacher specified in the Statutes of the University of Warsaw. Its positive outcome is the basis for further proceedings. The Faculty reserves the right to respond only to selected offers.
/ - / Prof. Dr habil. Magdalena Olpińska-Szkiełko
International Student Support Grant, International Student Support Grant, Australia, 5 days ago
PACK & SEND is Australia’s leading parcel courier and freight reseller. We deliver choice, convenience and customised solutions for students, businesses, e-tailers and consumers when sending goods...
Ric Intern, McGill University, Canada, 2 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Guest Services Representative, University of Alberta, Canada, 5 days ago
If you already applied to competition# S116848283, please disregard and we encourage you to apply to the updated competition (#S116848288). This competition will be used to fill multiple part-time...
Social Scientist (Sna) For The Erc Funded Dissident Networks Project, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Department: Centre for the Digital Research of Religion – Faculty of Arts Deadline: 6 Sep 2022 Start date: 15 October 2022 (negotiable) Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research Dean of...
Assistant Professor In Language Sciences, THE HONG KONG POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 44 minutes ago
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) is a government-funded tertiary institution in Hong Kong. It offers programmes at various levels including Doctorate, Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees. ...
Instructor / Assistant Professor Of Second Department Of Internal Medicine Of Faculty Of Medicine, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Department: Second Department of Internal Medicine – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 24 Aug 2022 Start date: by agreement Job type: part-time Job field: Education and schooling The Dean of the Facu...