Head of the Institute of English Studies, Faculty of Modern Language, University of Warsaw
Announces an open competition for the post of Assistant Professor (Polish: “adiunkt”)
Group of employees: research and teaching
Number of positions: 1
Employment period: fixed-time employment contract 01.10.2022 -30.09.2024
The successful candidate for the position shall comply with the requirements specified in art. 113 of The Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (Journal of Laws 2022, item 574) and will present the following:
1. A doctoral degree in literary studies or cultural studies.
The candidate is expected to be able to document his/her research interest in the area of American Studies (literary and cultural studies). They are also expected to be familiar with the history and theory of American literature and to be able to conduct classes in the history of American literature.
2. The candidate is also expected to be involved in their own research project(s), connected with various aspects of American literature and/or culture. In particular, the candidate is expected to express interest in thematic areas and methodological approaches that would enable the Department of North American Cultures and Literatures to diversify its course offer.
3. Publication record, including conference presentations;
4. Experience in university teaching;
5. The ability to work as part of a team, while exhibiting good interpersonal skills will also be taken into account, as will the candidate’s willingness to engage in international collaboration and to take on organizational duties on behalf of the Institute.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Conducting and disseminating research;
2. Teaching classes included in the curriculum;
3. Carrying out organizational tasks assigned by the head of the Institute, related to research and teaching conducted at the Institute.
1. Job application addressed to the Rector of the University of Warsaw
2. CV including the list of publications and other academic achievements;
3. A copy of the PhD diploma
4. Kwestionariusz osobowy
5. Klauzula informacyjna przy rekrutacji do pracy
6. A statement confirming that te candidate has been informed about the conditions of conducting the competition procedure for the position of an academic teacher and accepts the terms.
Applications and the required documents should be sent by email to Sekretariatds.email@example.com by June 24th , 2022
The results of the competition will be announced by July 24th , 2022
The competition is the first stage of the employment procedure for academic teachers as per the Statute of the University of Warsaw. The result of the competition provides a basis for further proceedings.
The Institute of English Studies may invite only selected candidates for the interview. The candidates will be notified about the date, time and form of the Interview by email.
International Student Support Grant, International Student Support Grant, Australia, 4 days ago
PACK & SEND is Australia’s leading parcel courier and freight reseller. We deliver choice, convenience and customised solutions for students, businesses, e-tailers and consumers when sending goods...
Debate And Dialogue Specialist, Campus Life, Emory University, United States, 28 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Ric Intern, McGill University, Canada, 2 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Social Scientist (Sna) For The Erc Funded Dissident Networks Project, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Department: Centre for the Digital Research of Religion – Faculty of Arts Deadline: 6 Sep 2022 Start date: 15 October 2022 (negotiable) Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research Dean of...
Manager, Laboratory, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 10 days ago
Responsibilities: Ensure all goods and services are procured according to University procurement policy, procedures and standard contractual terms Ensure compliance with corporate governance when ...
Clinical Academic Transplant Nephrologist, Division Of Nephrology, University of Alberta, Canada, about 12 hours ago
The University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology in partnership with Alberta Health Services invites applications for an Academic position...