We are looking for an assistant professor / postdoc researcher in the field of scientometrics, science of science, research policy, science policy, sociology of science, economics of science or science and technology studies (STS). We have three full-time positions to fill.
The recruited person will perform the duties in Action II.3.9. “Knowledge Lab: Scientometrics for scientific excellence”. As part of the action, a new research unit is created: the Science Studies Laboratory. The thematic scope of the conducted and planned research:
- science of science / science studies,
- research policy / science policy,
- sociology of science,
- economics of science,
- science and technology studies (STS).
More information on the website of Science Studies Laboratory: https://www.lbn.uw.edu.pl
Job description and responsibilities
What we offer
- participation in the creation and development of a new research unit (Science Studies Laboratory);
- the possibility of implementing your own research ideas;
- an opportunity to work in a vibrant scholarly community at one of the best universities of Central Eastern Europe, with extensive international collaboration;
- budget for travel, equipment, data, literature, participation in conferences and training, employment of research assistants (up to PLN 40,000 per year);
- access to infrastructure (office space, library, IT resources, sports infrastructure);
- access to raw Web of Science and PATSTAT data;
- organizational and substantive support in applying for external funding for research projects;
- support in establishing international cooperation;
- possibility to participate in externally financed research and applied projects carried out in the unit (also with possible additional remuneration);
- 36 days of paid leave per year;
- additional annual salary ("thirteen") in the amount of 8.5%. annual salary;
- we will provide help to people from outside of Warsaw in finding a place to live in Warsaw.
Up to PLN 10,000 gross per month (circa EUR1660 per month after taxes).
Period of employment
36 months: the first contract for 12 months, extended for another 24 months after a positive evaluation (another extension possible after 36 months, depending on performance and available funding).
Assistant Professor In Gender Justice And Health Technology In Africa, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 23 hours ago
Apply now The institute of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology of Leiden University and African Studies Centre Leiden jointly invite applicants for the position of Assistant Professor ...
Open Rank Faculty Position In Decision Science And Enterprise Economy , The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen ;, China, 10 days ago
Professor/Associate Professor Applicants should have a PhD degree in Decision Science and Enterprise Economy (specialization areas including, but not limited to, sociology, political science, publ...
Assistant Professor In Sociology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Are you - a social scientist who aims to understand current societal problems from a sociological perspective, - looking for a stimulating environment to expand your own research line, - an inspir...
Social And Organizational Theories Of Transformation , Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 15 hours ago
Social and organizational theories of transformation 1196974 Course Social and Organizational Theories of Transformation Faculty Professor Poul Fritz Kjær Associate Professor Mathias Hein Jessen A...
University Lecturer In Demography, UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
The Faculty of Social Sciences and the Centre for Social Data Science invite applications for the position of UNIVERSITY LECTURER IN DEMOGRAPHY for a fixed term 5-year appointment beginning as soo...
Research Associate (Postdoc) In Behavioural And Experimental Economics (F/M) Ref: 22 21, Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research, Luxembourg, 1 day ago
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER) is recruiting a Research Associate (Postdoc) in Behavioural and Experimental Economics (f/m) • Ref: 22-21 • Expected start date: as soon...