RECTOR OF THE SILESIAN UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
announces a competition for the employment of outstanding young scientists for the position
assistant professor in a group of research employees
as part of the Excellence Initiative - Research University programme
- hold a degree of doctor, obtained less than 7 years ago,
- have not been employees of the Silesian University of Technology (SUT) in the last two years,
- conduct research in at least one of the below mentioned scientific disciplines and have a Hirsch index equal or higher – according to Scopus database:
- architecture and urban planning – Hirsch index 3;
- automation, electronic and electrical engineering – Hirsch index 10;
- information and communication technology – Hirsch index 10;
- biomedical engineering – Hirsch index 12;
- chemical engineering – Hirsch index 17;
- civil engineering and transport – Hirsch index 8;
- materials engineering- Hirsch index 10;
- mechanical engineering – Hirsch index 10;
- environmental engineering, mining and energy – Hirsch index 10;
- chemical sciences – Hirsch index 15;
- Earth and related environmental sciences – Hirsch index 15;
- management and quality studies – Hirsch index 5.
The University offers
Expected amount of remuneration:
Monthly basic salary: 8500.00 PLN gross + “thirteenth salary” bonus + social package
The possibility of a significant increase in remuneration due to participation in numerous pro-quality programs, i.e.:
- by PLN 10,000 gross per month for 12 months for each publication in the main issue of Nature or Science,
- by PLN 3,5005 gross per month for 12 months for each publication in the journal from the TOP1 list,
- by PLN 1,5005 gross per month for 12 months for each publication in the journal from the TOP10 list,
- by PLN 80006 gross in the form of scholarship for a publication published in cooperation with an author representing a foreign research centre or a non-academic partner,
- by PLN 10,000 in the form of scholarship in the case of commencing the implementation of the Horizon 2020 or Horizon Europa project as a coordinator for the duration of the project + remuneration from the project,
- by PLN 4,0006 in the form of scholarship in the case of commencing the implementation of the Horizon 2020 or Horizon Europa project as a partner for the duration of the project + remuneration from the project,
- by PLN 1,500 a month in the case of employing a foreign employee for the project he/she manages for the duration of the project,
- PLN 10,000 as a grant for obtaining a PhD student from abroad as part of a joint doctorate programme.
The application must be submitted:
- by clicking on the “apply” button below, complete the questionnaire and attach the required documents,
- until the day 15 February 2021,
- the expected date of the competition results: (within 90 days of its announcement).
Candidates will be notified of the results of the competition within 7 days of its settlement.
Planned starting date of employment: April/June 2021.
The final decision on employment depends on the recognition of the academic degree obtained abroad, in particular on the basis of the nostrification procedure applied for by the candidate.
Candidates negatively evaluated by the selection committee or not selected for employment have the right to appeal against the results of the competition. The appeal shall be submitted to the Rector within
7 days from the date of notification.
Incomplete or late offers will not be considered.
Please be informed that we will contact only with the candidates that meet formal requirements.
According to art. 13 of the Regulation on Personal Data Protection of 27 April 2016, please be informed:
Assistant Professor, Jagiellonian University, Poland, about 23 hours ago
Jagiellonian University offers one postdoctoral position for researchers specializing in any area of mathematics or theoretical computer science. The competitive selection process is open for all ...
Associate Professor, Jagiellonian University, Poland, about 23 hours ago
Jagiellonian University offers one associate professor position for researchers specializing in any area of mathematics or computer science. The competitive selection process is open for all indiv...
Sr Manager, Enterprise Budget & Planning System, Arizona State University, United States, about 22 hours ago
67231BR Campus: Tempe Sr Mgr ENT Budget/Pln Syst Job Description The Office of Planning and Budget (“OPB”) seeks a dedicated professional to join our team. OPB serves as a steward of resources and...
Dtu Tenure Track Researcher In Thermal Engineering Of Industrial Energy Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
DTU, the Department of Mechanical Engineering conducts scientific research in close collaboration with a number of industrial partners in the field of optimization of energy conversion systems wit...
Competent Engineer For Advanced Projects, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
Do you have a talent for solving complex engineering problems, excellent analytical abilities, good writing competencies, and would you like to work with advanced tasks within a project at DTU, th...
Dtu Tenure Track Researcher/ Assistant Professor In Fisheries Technology, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 13 days ago
Applications are invited for positions as Tenure Track Researcher/ Assistant Professor with emphasis on research in relation to the development of technological solutions in fisheries. The researc...