Employment as an assistant professor in the group of research staff (post-doc) at the project OPUS from National Centre of Science.
Description of project tasks:
• Development of the appropriate analytical and numerical tools.
• Mathematical modeling and analysis of coupled oscillatory systems.
• Design and implementation of a robust control strategy.
• Computer simulation of the coupled oscillators-elastic system incorporating a robust controller and an experimental verification.
• Design and construction of an experimental rigs.
• Experimental verification of the numerical results and (possible) correction of the control strategy.
• Education: PhD in mechanical engineering, physics, or applied mathematics; PhD graduation no longer than 4 years ago,
• Background: nonlinear dynamics, preferred experience in chaos control.
• Programming experience: C++, Matlab, Mathematica,
• Publications: at least three publications in journals from JCR list,
• Foreign experience: at least one short-term stay (one month) at a foreign university and three contributions to foreign conferences of international prestige,
• Languages: fluency in English,
Procedures for the recruitment:
The recruitment procedure has a two-stage formula and it will consist of the following stages:
1st Stage – An assessment of written applications. Applicants should submit:
• A motivating cover letter stating the current/future interests,
• personal questionnaire,
• A list of publications,
• Three letters of recommendation.
2nd Stage – A qualifying interview with selected candidates
Terms and Conditions:
The contract of employment (full-time) for a 2 years,
Remuneration 5000 zł per month (gross).
Applications will be accepted until 11.03.2021 at the Secretariat of the Department of Dynamics at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Technical University of Lodz, address: Stefanowskiego 1/15, 90-924 Lodz, (A22 building, room 122) and on the e-mail address: email@example.com .
56426: Student Electrical Engineering, Physics, Information Technology Or Similar (F/M/X) Concepts For Optical Tracking And Control Of Multiple Targets, Helmholtz, Germany, about 13 hours ago
The Group of Advanced Optical Technologies of DLR’s Institute of Communications and Navigation develops experimental laser communication systems for optical data links between satellites and optic...
Researcher In Automatic Control Robotics And Estimation (Pa2021/1159), University of Lund, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Mal...
Electronics Design Engineer, Radboud University, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Would you like to participate in an international scientific environment, and together with colleagues create the best electronic designs for challenging projects? The Radboud TechnoCentre and the...
Experienced Engineer For Advanced Projects, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 8 hours ago
Do you have a talent for solving complex engineering problems, excellent analytical abilities, good writing competencies, and would you like to work with advanced tasks within a project at DTU, th...
Postdoctor Designing Shore Control Centres/ Control Of Autonomous Transport Solutions, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
About the position The Department of Design has a vacancy for two PostDoc positions in design and evaluation of human-machine interfaces (HMI) for the maritime domain. The first Post doc candidat...
Postdoctoral2, BCAM - Basque Center for Applied Mathematics, United States, about 11 hours ago
The accurate prediction of the flow dynamics and properties of a crowd of pedestrians in complex environments is critical for strategic urban planning but also for safety protocols in the presence...