The competitive selection process is open for all individuals, who meet the requirements set out in Articles 113 and 116.2.3) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, and who meet the following eligibility criteria according to § 165 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University:
1) Hold at least a doctoral degree;
2) Have relevant scientific achievements in the area of Global Environmental Change (GEC), as testified by a strong publication track record focusing on:
- Modeling the impact of GEC on ecosystems and developing strategies to minimize the negative impact and to adapt to GEC
- Biodiversity loss
- Environmental changes in forest ecosystems and the development of mitigation strategies
- Changes in the polar regions and the development of mitigation strategies
- Management and sustainable use of natural and agricultural resources
- Social, economic and political consequences of GEC
3) Take active part in scientific life;
4) Completed a long term research stay or has been employed in research institutions of international standing outside Poland,
5) Will provide references from two researches of international standing in the area of GEC, willing to provide recommendation letters,
6) An ability of securing external funding for research, demonstrated by a position of principal investigator in research projects, or university-level teaching experience will be additional assets.
The candidates, who would like to take part in the competitive selection process, should submit the following documents to the Dean’s Office of the Faculty of Biology of the Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Gronostajowa 7, 30-387 Kraków or send the documents via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org :
1. application form;
3. personal questionnaire filled in by the candidate;
4. copy of the doctoral diploma or a diploma confirming the candidate’s habilitation degree, if applicable;
5. information on the candidate’s scientific, teaching and organisational achievements;
6. list of publications (along with the respective publishing houses and the number of pages);
7. doctoral dissertation or habilitation dissertation review, if applicable;
8. latest performance evaluation form, if the candidate was subject to such evaluation;
9. recommendation concerning the candidate’s research
10. declaration of the candidate, confirming that the Jagiellonian University will be their primary place of work, should they be selected in the competitive selection process;
11. declaration under Article 113 of the Law on Higher Education and Science;
12. declaration on acknowledging and accepting the rules and regulations concerning intellectual property management and commercialisation in force at the Jagiellonian University;
13. information regarding processing of personal data;
Opening date: June 16, 2021 .
Application submission deadline: July 16, 2021
The competitive selection process will be concluded by September 21, 2021
The Jagiellonian University does not provide housing.
Declaration forms can be obtained at: http://www.dso.uj.edu.pl/-nauczyciele
The recruitment procedure will involve an interview in English with selected candidates
During the recruitment process, the Jagiellonian University follows the principles set out in the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers
Department Head For Department Of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics And Practical Medicine, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
DepartmentDepartment of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine – Faculty of Medicine Deadline 29 Jul 2021 Start date upon agreement E-APPLICATION Director of the University Hospital...
Department Head For The Second Department Of Internal Medicine, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
DepartmentSecond Department of Internal Medicine – Faculty of Medicine Deadline 12 Aug 2021 Start date upon agreement E-APPLICATION Director of the St. Anne's University Hospital in Brno and Dean...
Department Head For The Second Department Of Internal Medicine , Masaryk University, Czech, about 11 hours ago
Director of the St. Anne's University Hospital in Brno and Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the position a Department Head for: Second Depa...
Head For Department Of Trauma Surgery, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
DepartmentDepartment of Trauma Surgery – Faculty of Medicine Deadline 29 Jul 2021 Start date upon agreement Director of the University Hospital Brno and Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masary...
A Head For Department Of Trauma Surgery, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Department: Department of Trauma Surgery – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 29 Jul 2021 Start date: upon agreement E-APPLICATION Director of the University Hospital Brno and Dean of the Faculty of M...
Academic Advisor (Academy Of Liberal Arts), American University in Cairo, Egypt, 1 day ago
Purpose: Advise and guide undeclared students according to their academic path by providing adequate information about the American University in Cairo’s (AUC) academic programs, policies and pro...