5 Sep 2023
Krakow University of Economics
Department of Economics of the Institute of Economics of the College of Economics, Finance and Law
- Research Field
Economics » Financial science
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
11 Oct 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Warsaw)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Offer Starting Date
1 Mar 2024
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The Rector of the Krakow University of Economics
hereby announces a vacancy competition for
the full-time position of Assistant professor “adiunkt”
in the group of research and teaching employees
in the discipline of economics and finance
at the Department of Economics
of the Institute of Economics
of the College of Economics, Finance and Law
1) conducting academic classes in Polish and English,
2) conducting scientific research, elaboration and publication of research results,
3) participation in the implementation of the conference and other events popularizing the organization,
4) organisational activities supporting and benefiting the Department and the University,
5) implementation of tasks and duties entrusted by superiors.
Requirements for the candidates:
Candidates should meet the requirements as set forth in the Act of 20 July 2018 of the Law on Higher Education and Science (consolidated text Dz.U. – Journal of Laws of 2023, item 742, with subsequent amendments) and in the University’s By-laws, as well as holding a degree of doctor (Polish: doctor i.e. PhD) in the discipline of economics and finance or economic sciences.
- Research Field
- Economics » Financial science
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
The candidate is required to have:
scientific interests in the field of e.g. international economics and/or macroeconomics (in particular international migration/ security/ poverty/ inequality/ economic growth/ development/ foreign trade),
having an experience in research work and publicity activities,
experience in conducting classes with university students (i.e. at the level of higher education) in the field of microeconomics / or macroeconomics / or international economics,
a very good command of spoken and written English, to the extent allowing to teach classes, in the case of foreign nationals – a good command of the Polish language to the extent allowing to teach classes in Polish,
experience in applying and conducting national and international project will be an advantage,
completed training or internship in the field of e.g. modern teaching methods, communication and research in an intercultural environment, research methods and techniques in social sciences will be an advantage,
experience of working with the business environment will be an advantage,
participation in events popularizing science will be an advantage,
in the case of employment, submitting the employee's statement on conducting scientific activity in the discipline of economics and finance,
in the case of employment, submitting the employee's declaration of consent to crediting to employees conducting scientific activity (number N) at the Krakow University of Economics (KUE).
1) a cover letter (an application letter) and a resume (CV),
2) a personal data questionnaire for the person applying for employment*,
3) a copy of the diploma of obtaining a degree of doctor (for diplomas issued in languages other than Polish, also a certified translation of the document into Polish and a certificate of equivalence of the diploma with the Polish a degree of doctor – if applicable),
4) a list of possible practical experience, including training, internships and scholarships,
5) a list of accomplishments, information and possible opinions on:
a) scientific interests in the field of e.g. international economics and/or macroeconomics (in particular international migration/ security/ poverty/ inequality/ economic growth/ development/ foreign trade),
a) teaching experience including conducting classes,
b) publication activities,
c) participation in events popularizing science, such as scientific conferences, scientific seminars as well as participation in scientific and research projects,
6) a declaration or a copy of a certificate confirming good command of English language; for foreigners, also a declaration or a copy confirming good command of the Polish language,
7) a declaration that upon the commencement of employment, the Krakow University of Economics will be the principal employer of the Candidate*,
8) a declaration as to the Candidate meeting the requirements specified in Article 113 of the Law on Higher Education and Science*,
9) a declaration of the candidate on the statement authorizing to be classified as employees conducting scientific activity (the so-called N number) and on the statement on the field and scientific discipline, which she/he will represent in the event of her/his employment in KUE*,
10) a declaration on the lack of personal relationship based on Article 118 of the Law on Higher Education and Science*,
11) information on processing personal data during the recruitment process – attached below.
For documents issued in languages other than Polish, a translation of the document into Polish.
Internal Application form(s) needed
05.09.2023_Adiunkt _Kat Ekonomii _ANG.pdf
(299.55 KB - PDF)
Selection process flow:
Formal assessment of submitted applications.
Selecting candidates who meet the formal requirements described in the announcement.
Invitation to the second stage – interviews with the selection board.
Decision of the competition committee to recommend the candidate. If none of the candidates meets the requirements for employment in a given position, the commission applies to the Rector to close the competition.
The final decision on the employment of the recommended candidate is made by the Rector. Information of the results of this vacancy competition will be available on the University’s BIP (Public Information Bulletin) and the Minister’s BIP.
Applications for the vacancy competition should be submitted:
in person to the Office, College of Economics, Finance and Law of the Krakow University of Economics – Kraków ul. Rakowicka 27, Main Building, room 012A, or
by e-mail to: email@example.com , with a title: “Adiunkt w Katedrze Ekonomii”.
Late submissions or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Original documents (for consultation) should be submitted by the Candidate qualified for the position of Assistant professor by means of this competition to the Unit of Human Resources prior to signing an employment agreement.
* Declaration forms can be downloaded from the website at:
Deadline for application submissions – by 11 October 2023.
Estimated date of conclusion of the selection process: November 2023.
Full-time employment starting on 1 March 2024 for the period of two years with a possibility of extension.
- Number of offers available
- Krakow University of Economics
- Postal Code
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Quantum Hardware Engineers At Chalmers Next Labs, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Chalmers Next Labs AB is looking for experts to establish and operate a quantum technology lab. The company will build and operate two Quantum technology testbeds : one testbed for Quantum computi...
Program Manager Mas Eth In Management, Technology, And Economics , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 3 hours ago
80%-100%, Zurich, permanent We are looking for a Program Manager:in (m/w/d) MAS ETH in Management, Technology, and Economics immediately, or upon agreement. The Master of Advanced Studies ETH in M...
Associate Professor In Economics At Oslo Business School , OsloMet, Norway, 4 days ago
Oslo Metropolitan University is Norway's third largest university with almost 22,000 students and over 2,500 employees. We have campuses in central Oslo and at Romerike. OsloMet educates students ...
Professor Of Finance, Stern, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Description NYU Abu Dhabi , in partnership with NYU Stern , invites applications for tenured or tenure-track open-rank faculty positions in the field of Finance for the Stern School of Business at...
Associate Secretary To General Faculties Council, University of Alberta, Canada, about 21 hours ago
This competition is restricted to internal applicants of the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using the "Advertisement" drop down menu when applying This position is a p...
Dev Ops Support Coordinator Dans, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 1 day ago
What will you be doing? In our ICT Support Team, you will ensure smooth operations between platform service providers, operational systems, and our developers. Independence is key, as you will be ...