The Dean of the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Warsaw, with the approval of the Rector of the University of Warsaw, is pleased to announce a competition for the position of Assistant in a research-didactic group conducting research in the field of behavioral economics and agricultural economics at the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Warsaw.
Key responsibilities in the position:
Research work in the field of economics and finance, the results of which should be published mainly in high-scoring journals specified in the list of scientific journals and peer-review international conference proceedings published by the Polish Ministry of Education and Science. In particular, the selected candidate is expected to conduct research in the areas of behavioral economics and agricultural economics.
The selected candidate will conduct didactic classes at the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Warsaw related to the position of an assistant with a total load of 210 hours a year, including general classes for 1st and/or 2nd degree students and/or specialist classes.
The selected candidate will teach courses in Polish and/or English.
Assistance in the organization of conferences, seminars, workshops; participation in committees.
Requirements for candidates applying for the position:
Formal requirements (must have):
- at least master's degree in social sciences and in the discipline of economics and finance.
Academic track record (must have):
- have research experience (confirmed by publications and participation with presentations at conferences);
- have teaching experience (confirmed by conducting classes in the field of economics);
- have knowledge of the Polish and/or English language at a level sufficient to teach at undergraduate and graduate levels;
- be able to conduct research and classes in the discipline of economics and finance.
The following will be advantageous:
- other special achievements (e.g., honors, scholarships, awards).
Candidates may be invited for an interview (in person or remotely) with the Faculty Selection Committee. Candidates will be contacted individually to schedule such an interview.
Candidates applying for the position should submit the following documents within the deadline set out in this announcement:
- an academic curriculum vitae containing information on research and teaching experience and achievements, including education, work experience, publications, research projects;
- a covering letter with the candidate's reasons for applying, including planned research and teaching activities if successful (two A4 pages maximum);
- a signed application to the Rector of the University of Warsaw together with the required declarations (Appendix no. 1).
Please send all of the above in separate files. If a candidate does not submit all of the documents stipulated here within the deadline set out in this announcement, the candidate will be excluded from the competition (exclusion for formal reasons).
Applications will be evaluated by the Faculty Selection Committee. The Faculty reserves the right to respond only to certain applications. The competition may be closed without a selection being made, if there is no candidate who meets the formal requirements and possesses an adequate academic track record.
The competition is the first stage of the employment procedure for an academic teacher, as specified in the Statute of the University of Warsaw. A positive outcome is the required basis for further proceedings.
A place for Researcher and Lecturer:
The hired person will be a part of the team of the Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw - the best research unit in Poland in the field of economics and finance and a university ranked among the top 3% of economic institutions in Europe.
Our researchers represent 25% of the top 200 economic authors in Poland, according to the RePEc ranking, and are currently implementing over sixty national and international research projects, including a prestigious Consolidator Grant funded by the European Research Council.
A team of ten people in the Research and Publications Office of the Faculty supports our Researchers at the stage of preparation, conduct and settlement of research projects.
We are an open, international community, functioning on the basis of dialogue and offering support in research and teaching activities.
The Faculty of Economic Sciences is also an excellent teaching unit, unique in Poland, holding 3 certificates of excellence issued by the Polish Accreditation Committee for all study programs.
The Faculty members teach on the best Polish programme in Economics, the internationally accredited Finance and Accounting studies and the prestigious Informatics and Econometrics programme. The offer of the Faculty also includes specialized English-language programs - highly ranked in international lists: the program "Quantitative Finance" is ranked 12th in the world, "Data Science and Business Analytics" – 1st place in Eastern Europe.
As part of the University of Warsaw, we benefit from the potential of our University. We offer, among others, additional funds for research resulting from the implementation of the strategic programme "Excellence Initiative " and having the status of a Research University. The University's vibrant international cooperation provides an opportunity for its employees to work with scientists from research centres all over the world, e.g. within the 4EU+ Alliance.
Finally, the University of Warsaw is a reliable employer, distinguished with the "HR Excellence in Research" award and offering a friendly working environment. The University has implemented the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct while recruiting employees, and according to the Forbes ranking "Best Employers in Poland 2021" Warsaw University is ranked 1st in the "higher education and science" category.
Stable employment and a wide range of benefits:
- interesting and challenging work;
- large scope of independence and responsibility;
- organizational support on the part of the Faculty’s administration;
- seniority allowance (1% increase of gross remuneration for each year of employment, from the fourth year of employment, max. 20%);
- thirteenth salary;
- full-time employment contract;
- stability of employment at a renowned public university;
- rich social package, including among others:
- subsidies for tourist holidays (so called "under the bushel" or bought in other institutions),
- reduced rates of stays at University holiday centres;
- preferential loans, e.g. for the purchase of a flat and for renovation purposes, financial aid in case of accidents and additional benefits for children;
- the possibility to use a pass for the University's own sports facilities;
- possibility of private health insurance, including family members;
- the offer of FitProfit or FitSport sports and recreation cards allowing access to sport facilities all over Poland;
- possibility of short-term foreign scholarships within the Erasmus+ offer for University’s employees, including training visits in order to improve skills and qualifications needed at work and to exchange experiences on an international scale;
- possibility of using psychological help in the University's own Psychological Help Centre;
- the opportunity to participate in interesting workshops and meetings at various University’s facilities outside Warsaw, e.g. the modern European Centre for Geological Education in Chęciny, the Astronomical Observatory Station in Ostrowik, the Geobotanical Station in Białowieża and others;
- the opportunity to use the University's own nursery;
- the possibility of raising professional competences through participation in trainings and courses, and many other benefits and opportunities associated with employment with a leading employer in Poland.
More details in the attachment.
Research Fellow (Behavioral Economics), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 6 days ago
School of Social Sciences is looking for a candidate to join them as a Research Fellow. Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 12th globally. It i...
Research Fellow (Economics), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 19 days ago
Economics Programme at School of Social Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, is currently looking for a talented and highly motivated (postdoctoral) Research Fellow specializes i...
Research Assistant Professor / Postdoctoral Fellow, Department Of Economics, LINGNAN UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to the provision of quality whole-person education by combining the best of ...
Senior Researcher / Research Group Leader In The Field Of Health Economics, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Department: Faculty of Economics and Administration Deadline: 30 Sep 2022 Start date: January, 1st 2023 or later Job type: full-time Job field: Economics and finance | Science and research | H...
Post Doctoral Researcher In The Field Of Health Economics, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Department: Faculty of Economics and Administration Deadline: 30 Sep 2022 Start date: Janury, 1st 2023 or later Job type: full-time Job field: Economics and finance | Science and research | He...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position On Optimizing Plus Energy Neighbourhoods , NTNU, Norway, about 23 hours ago
This is NTNU NTNU is a broad-based university with a technical-scientific profile and a focus in professional education. The university is located in three cities with headquarters in Trondheim. A...