Keywords: geography, physical geography, soil science, Quaternary palaeogeography
Requirements for the candidate:
- title of master's degree in Earth Sciences in the field of physical geography;
- authorship of publications in journals listed by Web of Science, containing achievements in the field of Quaternary palaeogeography, lithostratigraphy and soil science;
- very good computer skills, experience in using ArcGIS, QGIS, CorelDRAW, Strater, R package;
- fluency in writing/speaking in Polish and English;
- active participation in scientific conferences;
- documented, active participation in research projects;
- experience in conducting field studies, in particular loess-soil sequences;
- teaching experience in soil science;
- experience in operating a laser diffractometer and a spectrophotometer preferred;
- preference for having a driving license and driving experience.
Basic duties as an assistant divided into areas: (research, teaching and organizational):
- research area: conducting research on sediments of aeolian environment and fossil soils, the use of laser diffractometry and spectrophotometry in lithostratigraphic studies, establishing international cooperation,
- didactic area: conducting classes (approx. 332 hours - e.g. Soil Science, Climate change recorded in aeolian sediments, Nature Conservation, Field exercises: geomorphology and soil science and hydrology), participation in the organization of the educational process
- organizational area: active participation in projects undertaken by the Department of Physical Geography (e.g. organization of seminars and conferences), care for website and social media with the logo of the Department of Physical Geography.
55832: Physicist, Engineer Or Similar (F/M/X) Development, Application And Scientific Evaluation Of Greenhouse Gas Lidar Systems, Helmholtz, Germany, 1 day ago
The Institute of Atmospheric Physics investigates the physics and chemistry of the global atmosphere from the Earth's surface up to the upper boundary of the middle atmosphere at about 120 km heig...
(211 0108/21 2 K) Professor In Micrometeorology And Land Atmosphere Exchange, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
Professor in Micrometeorology and land-atmosphere exchange Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen The Department of Geosciences and N...
56426: Student Electrical Engineering, Physics, Information Technology Or Similar (F/M/X) Concepts For Optical Tracking And Control Of Multiple Targets, Helmholtz, Germany, 5 days ago
The Group of Advanced Optical Technologies of DLR’s Institute of Communications and Navigation develops experimental laser communication systems for optical data links between satellites and optic...
Coordinator Lan Dac The Netherlands Land Academy (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
Coordinator LANDac - The Netherlands Land Academy (1,0 FTE) Functie LANDac is a partnership between Dutch organisations and their Southern partners working on land governance for equitable and sus...
Diamond Lasers For Space Adaptive Optics Applications, Macquarie University, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Diamond lasers for space adaptive optics applications Back to scholarship search Programs Available PhD Reference Number 20213754 Opening Date 20 Apr 2021 12am AEST Closing Date 21 May 2021 11pm A...
Researcher In Laser Spectrosocopy Of Negative , University of Gothenburg, Sweden, about 14 hours ago
Göteborgs universitet möter samhällets utmaningar med mångsidig kunskap. 53 300 studenter och 6 500 medarbetare gör universitetet till en stor och inspirerande arbetsplats. Stark forskning och att...