Clinical Laboratory Technologist II-IV, Microbiology Lab - PER DIEM
At Stony Brook Medicine, a TH Clinical Laboratory Technologist IV is a valuable member of our team, who will demonstrate a high degree of technical competence and knowledge in current methods and techniques.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates a high degree of technical competence in plating, isolating, analyzing and bacterial identification as assigned according to establishin departmental protocol.
- Performs microbiology bench in a team atmosphere with the authority, responsiblity, and accountability for accurate performance of lab methods.
- Verifies accuracies of results, identifies inconsistencies and takes appropriate actions to make corrections.
- Operates and maintains instruments and lab equipment with occassional routine instrument maintenance as assigned per established protocol.
- Keep accurate quality control records of all media and reagents by following established department's quality control procedure.
- Proficient in computer/LIS protocol as assigned.
- Be able to train CLS students, staff, pathology residents and clinical fellows.
- Engages in continuing education.
- Interact in a professional manner with lab staff, nursing staff, physicians, and other members of the hospital and community.
- Adheres to all SBUH and departmental policies and protocols.
- Perform other clinical duties as assigned.
Required (as evidenced by an attached resume) :
SL-1: NYS licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist or documented eligiblity, including provisional/limited permit eligibility with 0-2 years demonstrated relevant experience.
SL-2: NYS licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist or documented eligiblity, including provisional/limited permit eligibility with 3-5 years demonstrated relevant experience.
SL-3: NYS licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist or documented eligiblity, including provisional/limited permit eligibility with a minimum 6 years demonstrated relevant experience.
Preferred : Bachelors degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology, or a Life Science. Microbiology or generalist registry (or Registry Eligible) from a nationally recognized organization. Recent Clinical Bacteriology and recent LIS experience.
Special Notes : Resume/CV should be included with the online application.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulation that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” Candidates who are not already partially vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of job offer or in accordance with vaccine manufacture protocol, whichever comes later.
The regulation also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The regulation allows for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Posting Overview : This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
- Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
- All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
- This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
- This function/position maybe designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services*
- Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
- Successfully complete a 4 panel drug screen*
- Meet Regulatory Requirements for pre employment screenings.
- Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
*The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here .
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Official Job Title: TH Clinical Laboratory Technologist II/III/IV
: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Microbiology Laboratory
: Per Diem
:Variable Shift Hours: variable Pass Days: Variable
Posting Start Date
: Jan 11, 2023
Posting End Date
: Apr 11, 2023, 11:59:00 PM
Salary:Commensurate with experience
SBU Area:Stony Brook University Hospital
Phlebotomist Ii |Part Time, 25hrs/Week | Temporary, Emory University, United States, 13 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Quality Control Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 1 day ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position has a term length of one year plus a day, with a possibility of extension and offers a comprehensive benefits pa...
Radiologic Technologist 2, University of Miami, United States, about 2 hours ago
Current Employees: If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn h...
Cma Zion Crossroads Primary Care Sign On Bonus, University of Virginia, United States, 14 days ago
Job Profile Summary Medical Assistants provide clinical support, assist with administrative tasks, and provide general support in an ambulatory setting under the direction or supervision of the pa...
Mls Lab Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, 4 days ago
This competition is restricted to internal applicants of the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using the "Advertisement" drop down menu when applying. This position is a ...
Radiology Technologist, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 21 days ago
This position offers generous sign on bonus to external hires. Shift differentials: 17% - week nights 26% - weekend nights 15% - weekend days Department: Radiology - General FTE: 0.90 Full Time Sh...