About the University of Nizwa
The University of Nizwa is the second top university in the Sultanate of Oman and the first among the private universities in research. It is a non-profit academic institution, governed by its faculty. It aims to broadly educate students and equip them with values, knowledge and life skills needed to enrich their lives and enable them to meaningfully contribute to the progress of society.
Position: Associate Professor in English Literature (proficient English speakers).
Position Code: ENG_EL
Applicants should be able to begin work in Fall 2020 academic semester at the beginning of September 2020.
- PhD in the field of specialization (Bachelor and Master's degrees should be in the same field of general specialization from a recognized university).
- Ideally 2-5 years teaching experience in a recognized University/College.
- Good research record; research publications in peer reviewed journals (according to rank).
- Experience in supervising MA theses.
- Administrative and leadership experience in academic settings would be preferred.
- Expertise in curriculum development, accreditation process, institutional partnership/linkages, academic advising, strategic and operational planning, quality management and organization of conferences, seminars, workshops and exhibitions.
- Potential to establish an active research program involving undergraduate and Master's-level students.
- Knowledge of contemporary teaching practices and E-learning.
- Willingness to contribute to the academic development of the department.
Application Process: Submit a formal application letter, curriculum vitae, educational and experience certificates (including reference Contact information), letter of experience, electronically to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Salary Information
- The salary will be paid per month
- The salary is tax free
- The salary includes allowances (housing, transport, academic water and electricity)
Please note: Position code should be included in the email subject.
Last day of receiving applications is April 30th, 2020
Full Time Research And Teaching Position In Human Resources Management, Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium, 28 days ago
The post to be filled has several dimensions. The main ones are: To supervise practical work and seminars as well as to provide assistance in the preparation of final dissertations; To carry out r...
Chair, Petroleum Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Khalifa University seeks a Department Chair in Petroleum Engineering with strong entrepreneurial and leadership experience and an outstanding record in research. Khalifa University is an English-s...
Electro Mechanical Technician For Hl Lhc (Tte Programme), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 19 days ago
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with: An employment contract of one year, renewable for a second year; On-the-jo...
Instructional Designer, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
POSITION DETAILS Position Title: Instructional Designer Company VinUniversity Location Hanoi, Vietnam ABOUT VINUNIVERSITY VinUniversity is a newly developed, private, non-profit university in Hano...
It Infrastructure Support Technician (Tte Programme), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 19 days ago
Additional Information CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with: An employment contract of one year, renewable for a...
Executive Director, School Of English Studies College Of Liberal Arts, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Executive Director, School of English Studies College of Liberal Arts Executive Director III, School of English Studies College of Liberal Arts Wenzhou-Kean University (WKU), located in Wenzhou, C...