Researcher in Data Literacy Game Design
Apply for this job
UiB - Knowledge that shapes society
Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally – we shall be instrumental in building a society based on knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Do you want to take part in shaping the future?
(Video unable to load from YouTube. Accept cookie and refresh page to watch video, or click here to open video)
There is a vacancy for a temporary Researcher position (100 %) at the Centre for the Science of Learning & Technology (SLATE), Faculty of Psychology, within Data Literacy Game Design in the Erasmus+ project DALI and in SLATE communications. The employment period is February – December 2023.
The Centre for the Science of Learning & Technology (SLATE), located at the Faculty of Psychology, is a learning sciences research centre that carries out interdisciplinary research on the use of data and data analytic approaches (learning analytics) to understand learning, teaching, and creative knowledge processes across the full learning lifespan. We are a dynamic and including milieu of around 24 persons, including faculty, researchers, adjuncts, postdocs, PhDs candidates, and support staff. All employees are expected to contribute to the success of the Centre.
About the project/work tasks:
The person appointed will work in close collaboration with the project for the DALI projects and SLATE Communications, although work in other projects is possible if time permits. In DALI the work includes data literacy game design, testing, and evaluation, input to the DALI repository and website, and creative design for SLATE communication. The workplace is in Bergen, Norway.
The successful candidate will:
- work to help SLATE meet its broad national mandate through collaboration on the projects and initiatives
- participate in game design, testing and evaluation in the DALI project and prepare input for the DALI website
- supervision of 2 interns from Tallinn University in game design
- participate in creative design for SLATE communications
- contributes to the Centre ́s dissemination, information work, and community contact
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- Excellent Masters in Pedagogy or other relevant area
- R&D experience in design, testing, and evaluation of learning games for data literacy
- Experience in planning and facilitating learning
- Ability to work independently, strong personal commitment, teamwork & cooperation skills, administrative skills, creativity, determination
- Proficiency in written and oral English is required
- Last but not least, enthusiasm about, high commitment for, and enjoyment in research
We can offer:
- Exciting development opportunities as part of your role in a strong professional environment
- Annual salary of NOK 517 600 - 563 500 in a 100 % position before taxes in the state salary scale (position code 1108). This is equivalent to pay grade 56 - 61. A higher salary may be considered for a particularly well qualified applicant.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- A brief account (in English) of your research interests and motivation for applying for the position
- Transcripts and diplomas showing completion of a master’s degree
- Relevant attests/certificates confirming previous jobs (in Scandinavian or English)
- A full list of academic publications
- The names and contact information for two reference persons
We invite your attention to the fact that applications along with appended information and attachments linked to the application in JobbNorge will be evaluated after the closing date for applications. Attachments must be in English or a Scandinavian language and any translations must be certified.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all information is submitted by the application deadline.
It is particularly important that each of the attachments that are to be taken into account in the assessment is uploaded in full as an attachment to the application.
Further information about the position can be obtained from:
- ILUKS project leader Dr. Kristin Børte email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +47 911 97 219
- SLATE Director, Professor Barbara Wasson email: email@example.com Tel: + 47 911 41 297 or
- Practical questions regarding the application procedures should be directed to: Head of Administration Jorunn Viken, email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel: +47 901 31 832
The state workforce shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principle of public access to information when recruiting staff for academic positions.
For further information about the recruitment process, click here .
About The University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
There are five departments and two centres at Faculty of Psychology. Read more about the faculty and departments.
Apply for this job
24th January 2023
University of Bergen
Fulltime (1 positions) Fulltime (%)
Place of service
See more jobs
- Vacant positions - University of Bergen
Find more jobs
Link to startpage
Ph D Research Fellow In Physics , University of Bergen, Norway, about 6 hours ago
22nd March 2023 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English PhD Research Fellow in Physics Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close int...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow At The Department Of Foreign Languages , University of Bergen, Norway, 8 days ago
14th March 2023 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Department of Foreign Languages Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes...
Ph D Research Fellow In Acoustics (Fiberoptic Distributed Acoustic Sensing) , University of Bergen, Norway, about 6 hours ago
2nd April 2023 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English PhD Research Fellow in Acoustics (Fiberoptic Distributed Acoustic Sensing) Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that ...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position Within Acoustic Seismology , University of Bergen, Norway, about 22 hours ago
10th April 2023 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English Postdoctoral Research Fellow position within acoustic seismology Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes so...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Information Science At Media Futures , University of Bergen, Norway, about 21 hours ago
26th March 2023 Languages English English English Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Information Science at MediaFutures Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Throu...
Postdoctoral Position In Electronic Literature At The Center For Digital Narrative (Cdn). , University of Bergen, Norway, about 21 hours ago
1st April 2023 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English Postdoctoral position in Electronic Literature at the Center for Digital Narrative (CDN). Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - ...