23 May 2023
University of Bergen
Department of Biomedicine
- Research Field
Medical sciences » Other
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
5 Jun 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Oslo)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Biomedicine, a full-time permanent position as researcher is available. The position is externally financed by The Norwegian Cancer Society - Pink Ribbon as a part of the project "Spatial Characterization and Understanding of The Cancer Stem Cell Niche in Triple Negative Breast Cancer – Consequences of Obesity". The project has a temporary financing for 3 years.
About the project/work tasks:
- The overall goal of the project is to characterize and understand the spatial organization of the cancer stem cell niche in breast cancer through high-dimensional and spatial technologies. The project specifically aims to understand how the cancer stem cell niche is affected by obese environments.
- The candidate will work with state-of-the-art spatial technologies (e.g. imaging mass cytometry and others) and related bioinformatics workflows The candidate will analyze syngeneic/transgenic mouse models as well as biobank material of breast cancer
- See our latest publication "CEBPB-dependent adaptation to palmitic acid promotes tumor formation in hormone receptor negative breast cancer" in Nature Communications and our website www.halberglab.com for inspiration.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a relevant Norwegian PhD or equivalent doctoral degree
- We are looking for one of two types of applicants: 1) applicants with experience from advanced high-dimensional image analysis or 2) cancer biologists with a defined interest in spatial tumor biology.
- Experience with high-dimensional image analysis is an advantage, but not required
- Experience with mouse cancer models is an advantage, but not required
- Experience with programming is an advantage, but not required
- The applicant must have an excellent scientific track record
- The applicant must be experienced in counseling, teaching, writing manuscripts and preferentially also grant applications
- Personal skills, including abilities to work independently and cooperate within a research group will be evaluated
- The applicant must be motivated and responsible, and also have a great work capacity and enthusiasm for research
- The candidate must be fluent in written and oral English
- Experience with international collaboration is an advantage
We can offer:
- The University of Bergen is located between 7 mountains and provide rich opportunities to couple world class science, training for a career in academia or industry with the great outdoors. We strive to train the next generation of scientist through an inclusive work environment that allows all members to grow
- Salary NOK 624 500 (code 1109, pay grade 64), specialist NOK 646 000 (code 1109, pay grade 66) gross p.a. for a fulltime position. In the case of a highly qualified applicant, a higher salary may be considered.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- A brief letter of application stating your motivation for the position, why you are applying and why this position is perfect for you
- An overview of your education and work experience (CV)
- Witnessed copies of diplomas and relevant certificates (applicants with education from other countries than Norway must enclose diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations)
- Publications and academic work (max 10 in PDF) and a list of these
- Your PhD thesis (in PDF)
- Two references (name and contact information)
It is very important that each of the scholarly works on which the committee should place special emphasis, is attached in its entirety.
The following premise forms the basis for the post as research scientist:
- The researcher will be a member of the research group of which the topic/project belongs to
- The salary shall if possible be 100 % covered by external financing
- The researcher shall actively contribute to attract external funding to the research project, both for her/his own position and other positions, from the Research Council of Norway, EU and other sources
- The researcher is expected to have her/his research activity financed by the project of the researcher and the projects of the associated research group
- The Head of Department may allocate work for the Researcher related to specific research projects
- The researcher may participate in committee work and other administrative tasks within the University of Bergen
- The researcher has no teaching duties, but is expected to supervise master students and PhD candidates when this is a natural part of the research activity of the research group
- The researcher may apply for competence promotion according to the regulations for promotions
- The basis for the position ceases if no further project funding and new law on state officials etc. on dismissal and preferential rights will be applied to permanent employees
Further information about the position can be obtained from: : Professor Nils Halberg, e-mail: email@example.com or our website: www.halberglab.com
The University of Bergen must follow Norway’s export control regulations when processing applications for this position.
The state workforce shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principle of public access to information when recruiting staff for academic positions.
For further information about the recruitment process, click here .
About The University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
There are five departments and seven centres at Faculty of Medicine.
Read More about the facult y and departments .
- Research Field
- Medical sciences » Other
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- Number of offers available
- University of Bergen
Where to apply
Post Box 7800 5020 Bergen Norway
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Neuroscience, University of Bergen, Norway, about 5 hours ago
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Neuroscience Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nati...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Neuroscience , University of Bergen, Norway, about 1 hour ago
6th October 2023 Languages English English English Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Neuroscience Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close in...
Ph D Research Fellow In Structural Biology, University of Bergen, Norway, about 5 hours ago
PhD Research Fellow in structural biology Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationa...
Ph D Research Fellow In Battery Technology , Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, Norway, 1 day ago
1st October 2023 Languages English English English PhD Research Fellow in Battery Technology Apply for this job See advertisement This is Western Norway University of Applied Sciences With about 1...
Ph D Research Fellow In Nanofluid Heat Transfer , Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, Norway, 1 day ago
15th October 2023 Languages English English English PhD Research Fellow in Nanofluid Heat Transfer Apply for this job See advertisement This is Western Norway University of Applied Sciences With a...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Citizens, Media And Democracy, University of Bergen, Norway, about 5 hours ago
Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Citizens, media and democracy Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us –...