Researcher at the Department of Biomedicine
Apply for this job
UiB - Knowledge that shapes society
Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally – we shall be instrumental in building a society based on knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Do you want to take part in shaping the future?
(Video unable to load from YouTube. Accept cookie and refresh page to watch video, or click here to open video)
At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Biomedicine, a permanent full-time position as researcher is available. The position is external financed by research grant of the Norwegian Research Council, and part of the research project “High-dimensional analysis of AXL- mediated immunotherapy resistance: Clinical translation for personalized medicine”. The project has a temporary financing for 3 years
About the project/work tasks:
The AXL receptor tyrosine kinase is a key mediator of acquired resistance to anti-cancer therapy. AXL signaling regulates both tumor intrinsic and innate immune mechanisms in the tumor microenvironment that engender epithelial plasticity and subvert anti-tumor immunity. The primary objective of this project is to characterize how AXL receptor signaling regulates tumor intrinsic resistance to immunotherapy. The central hypothesis is that novel AXL complexes with unique signal transduction attributes support T cell resistant cell states. We address this through state-of-the-art experimental approaches comprising structural and multiplex imaging of AXL signaling complexes.
The candidate is an experienced postdoctoral scientist with protein chemistry and advanced structural biology expertise who will conduct structure-function analysis to determine how novel AXL receptor complexes affect cell signaling.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The candidate must hold a relevant Norwegian PhD or equivalent doctoral degree and at least three years of postdoctoral experience with a good scientific track record.
- The candidate must have experience in protein chemistry and structural biology.
- Personal skills, including abilities to work independently and cooperate within a research group will be evaluated
- The applicant must be motivated and responsible, and also have a great work capacity and enthusiasm for research
- The candidate should be fluent in spoken and written English
We can offer:
- An exciting international scientific work environment
- Salary NOK 593 500 (code 1109, pay grade 64), specialist NOK 615 000 (code 1109, pay grade 66) gross p.a. for a fulltime position. In the case of a highly qualified applicant, a higher salary may be considered.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- A brief letter of application stating your motivation for the position, why you are applying and why this position is perfect for you
- An overview of your education and work experience (CV)
- Witnessed copies of diplomas and relevant certificates (applicants with education from other countries than Norway must enclose diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations)
- Publications and academic work (max 10 in PDF) and a list of these
- Your PhD thesis (in PDF)
- Two references (name and contact information)
The application and any attachments along with certified translations in English or another Scandinavian language must be uploaded to JobbNorge.
For faculties that shortlist applicants, the following additional text must be used:
On the basis of this information, the expert committee will undertake a review of the applicants. Following this, the faculty will invite the best-qualified applicants to submit their academic work.
The following premise forms the basis for the post as research scientist:
- The researcher will be a member of the research group of which the topic/project belongs to
- The salary shall if possible be 100 % covered by external financing
- The researcher shall actively contribute to attract external funding to the research project, both for her/his own position and other positions, from the Research Council of Norway, EU and other sources
- The researcher is expected to have her/his research activity financed by the project of the researcher and the projects of the associated research group
- The Head of Department may allocate work for the Researcher related to specific research projects
- The researcher may participate in committee work and other administrative tasks within the University of Bergen
- The researcher has no teaching duties, but is expected to supervise master students and PhD candidates when this is a natural part of the research activity of the research group
- The researcher may apply for competence promotion according to the regulations for promotions
- The basis for the position ceases if no further project funding and new law on state officials etc. on dismissal and preferential rights will be applied to permanent employees
It is very important that each of the scholarly works on which the committee should place special emphasis, is attached in its entirety.
Further information about the position can be obtained from: Professor James Lorens, e-mail: jim.lorens@uib
The state workforce shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principle of public access to information when recruiting staff for academic positions. Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named in the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
For further information about the recruitment process, click here .
About The University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
There are five departments and seven centres at Faculty of Medicine.
Read More about the facult y and departments .
Apply for this job
22nd January 2023
University of Bergen
Fulltime (1 positions) Fulltime (%)
Place of service
See more jobs
- Vacant positions - University of Bergen
Find more jobs
Link to startpage
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (3 Years) At The Department Of Clinical Science , University of Bergen, Norway, about 8 hours ago
10th April 2023 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English Postdoctoral Research Fellow (3 years) at the Department of Clinical Science Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge th...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Neuroscience , University of Bergen, Norway, about 8 hours ago
26th April 2023 Languages English English English Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Neuroscience Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close int...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Gwas And Machine Learning Analyses , University of Bergen, Norway, about 8 hours ago
16th April 2023 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English Department of Clinical Medicine Postdoctoral Research Fellow in GWAS and machine learning analyses Apply for this job See advertisem...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow At The Department Of Global Public Health And Primary Care , University of Bergen, Norway, about 8 hours ago
10th April 2023 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - K...
Ph D Research Fellow In Mathematical Methods For Data Driven Computational Mechanics , University of Bergen, Norway, about 16 hours ago
14th May 2023 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English PhD Research Fellow in Mathematical Methods for Data-Driven Computational Mechanics Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowled...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Molecular Biology And Biochemistry , University of Oslo, Norway, about 8 hours ago
16th April 2023 Languages English English English Postdoctoral Fellow in molecular biology and biochemistry Apply for this job See advertisement Job description Applications are invited for a 3-ye...