23 May 2023
University of Bergen
Department of Clinical Medicine
- Research Field
Medical sciences » Other
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
6 Jun 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Oslo)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
At the Faculty of Medicine, SFF Centre for Cancer Biomarkers CCBIO, Department of Clinical Medicine, a 50% position as researcher is available. The position is external financed by The Norwegian Cancer Society and for the time being a part of the project “ImSignal – mapping active immune signaling in the context of immunotherapy”. The project has a temporary financing until 31.03.2025.
About the project/work tasks:
- The researcher will be part of the project “ImSignal – mapping active immune signaling in the context of immunotherapy”
- The aim of the position is to independently establish and implement this new project in the most efficient manner possible without any delays due to technical method training
- The project aims to establish a new spatial tissue profiling assay to map active immune checkpoint signaling in tissue samples
- The project is highly technical and requires a strong interest in molecular assay development
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a relevant Norwegian PhD or equivalent doctoral degree within Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or related
- Applicants must have at least 10 years of active research experience since PhD in the field of cell biology, molecular biology, or related fields with a documented track record of first and/or senior author publications in high impact journals
- Experience with microscopy techniques and the analysis of microscopic images is required
- Experience with tissue handling is require including antibody-based histological analyses as well as cell extractions from tissues for further downstream-analysis (e.g. FACS) is required
- Experience with the bioinformatical analysis of large and complex datasets is required including single cell RNAseq data
- Experience with programming e.g. R is required
- Experience with project design and management including coordinating with international collaborations is a requirement
- Experience with writing successful grant applications is required
- Pedagogical education as documented through completed courses is highly beneficial as is experience with student/PhD student supervision
- Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English
We can offer:
- A good and challenging work environment in research front of tissue profiling
- Salary NOK 624 500 (code 1109, pay grade 64), specialist NOK 646 000 (code 1109, pay grade 66) gross p.a. for a fulltime position. In the case of a highly qualified applicant, a higher salary may be considered
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- A brief letter of application stating your motivation for the position, why you are applying and why this position is perfect for you
- An overview of your education and work experience (CV)
- Witnessed copies of diplomas and relevant certificates (applicants with education from other countries than Norway must enclose diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations)
- Publications and academic work (max 10 in PDF) and a list of these
- Your PhD thesis (in PDF)
- Two references (name and contact information)
It is very important that each of the scholarly works on which the committee should place special emphasis, is attached in its entirety.
The following premise forms the basis for the post as research scientist:
- The researcher will be a member of the research group of which the topic/project belongs to
- The salary shall if possible be 100 % covered by external financing
- The researcher shall actively contribute to attract external funding to the research project, both for her/his own position and other positions, from the Research Council of Norway, EU and other sources
- The researcher is expected to have her/his research activity financed by the project of the researcher and the projects of the associated research group
- The Head of Department may allocate work for the Researcher related to specific research projects
- The researcher may participate in committee work and other administrative tasks within the University of Bergen
- The researcher has no teaching duties, but is expected to supervise master students and PhD candidates when this is a natural part of the research activity of the research group
- The researcher may apply for competence promotion according to the regulations for promotions
- The basis for the position ceases if no further project funding and new law on state officials etc. on dismissal and preferential rights will be applied to permanent employees
Further information about the position can be obtained from: PhD, Carina Strell, e-mail Carina.firstname.lastname@example.org
UiB must follow Norway’s export control regulations when processing applications for this position.
The state workforce shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principle of public access to information when recruiting staff for academic positions.
For further information about the recruitment process, click here .
About The University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
There are five departments and eight centres at Faculty of Medicine.
Read More about the facult y and departments .
- Research Field
- Medical sciences » Other
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- Number of offers available
- University of Bergen
Where to apply
Post Box 7800 5020 Bergen Norway
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Neuroscience, University of Bergen, Norway, 2 days ago
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Neuroscience Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nati...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Neuroscience , University of Bergen, Norway, about 15 hours ago
6th October 2023 Languages English English English Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Neuroscience Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close in...
Ph D Research Fellow In Structural Biology, University of Bergen, Norway, 2 days ago
PhD Research Fellow in structural biology Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationa...
Ph D Research Fellow In Nanofluid Heat Transfer , Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, Norway, about 16 hours ago
15th October 2023 Languages English English English PhD Research Fellow in Nanofluid Heat Transfer Apply for this job See advertisement This is Western Norway University of Applied Sciences With a...
Ph D Research Fellow In Structural Biology , University of Bergen, Norway, about 16 hours ago
25th September 2023 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English PhD Research Fellow in structural biology Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robus...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Citizens, Media And Democracy, University of Bergen, Norway, 2 days ago
Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Citizens, media and democracy Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us –...