OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University is Norway’s third largest university, with nearly 22,000 students and 2,200 employees. Through the students we educate and the research we produce, the university has a direct impact on society, both in Norway and beyond. The university has two campuses, one in central Oslo and another a short distance from the city in the municipality of Lillestrøm. OsloMet is home to some of Norway’s largest and oldest educational programmes, including degree programmes in nursing, engineering and teacher education. The university is also a hub of research and technological innovation aimed at strengthening and sustaining the Norwegian welfare state.
The Faculty of Technology, Art and Design (TKD) offers higher education and research and development (R&D) activities within technical subjects, arts and design. The Faculty has approximately 4.000 students and 400 staff members and is situated at Pilestredet Campus in downtown Oslo and at Kjeller Campus in Viken.
The Department of Product Design (PD) is a creative and internationally oriented institute with approx. 30 employees. We work with products, services and systems and are committed to close links with the business community. We offer a bachelor's programme in product design and a master in design in complexity, as well as a PhD programme in innovation for sustainability. The department has three research fields in the areas of design/aesthetics/materiality, systemic design and design for health.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Service Innovation in the Health Sector
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will be part of the innovative research group, Design for Health, that performs research on personalized healthcare services. The group and institute offer the Postdoc an innovative environment and community to conduct the study. The position will be located at our Campus at Kjeller in Viken.
The position is open for a period of three years.
The candidate is expected to produce novel ideas in the domain of service design related to technological implementation by:
- Researching the user needs and perceptions with the aim of creating better service or assistive technological support to the patients
- Researching the existing products, services and assistive technologies and their effectiveness in terms of usability, acceptability, and quality of life
- Research resulting in concrete evidence-based digital service and assistive technology prototypes that are based on the user needs, requirements, and feedback
- Holistic understanding of challenges and solutions around human – technology integration and research evidence-based co-creation and sustainable adoption of technology in healthcare, concerning adherence, patient satisfaction, technology acceptance and emerging practices.
- Research resulting in knowledge of impact, effectiveness and improvement of products, services and assistive technologies
- Developing new applications for funding external research projects together with colleagues at OsloMet and developing international networks for research collaboration
- Active contribution to the development of a high-quality education in design for health on master and PhD level as well as the development of the product design department, and OsloMet in general
Tasks and responsibilities
- Research on “the state of the art” of smart health-based services
- Conduct field work in health institutions and design agencies
- Disseminate the projects’ results and outcome through appropriate channels
- Assist on meeting administrative requirements and work on network building as a project partner
- PhD degree in the field of design, service design, engineering, or technological innovation with experience in one or more of the following:
- User based development of technological solutions
- Healthcare innovation
- Service design
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Mixed Methods, Design Science and Participatory Design
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
General criteria for appointments to academic positions are covered by the Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
General criteria for evaluating educational competence are described by OsloMets criteria for evaluating educational competence.
When assessing and ranking the qualified applicants, emphasis will be placed on
- Familiarity with healthcare system
- The applicant's topical profile evaluated against the topic of the project
Desired personal skills
- Good communications and cooperation skills
- Ability to finish tasks
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, plan, dimension and direct own work
It is important to OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. You are also welcome to apply for a position with us if you have experienced periods where you have not been in work, education or training.
An expert committee will assess applicants. You must upload the following documents together with your application by the final date for applications:
- CV (including the name and contact information of at least three references)
- Full list of publications
- Copies of certificates/diplomas
- Full texts of the latest 5 publications, delivered together with a table of contents and a brief introduction highlighting the relevance of each article to the position and a detailed description of the contribution to the article by the applicant
- Up to three pages plan with references on how to conduct this postdoctoral project
- A copy or summary of your PhD thesis
- Other relevant documentation
We only process applications sent via our electronic recruitment system and all documents must be uploaded for your application to be processed. The documents must be in either English or a Scandinavian language. Translations must be authorized. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet performs document checks in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition.
Before submitting the application documents to the Expert Committee, all applications will be reviewed by the faculty and applicants who do not meet the formal qualification requirements will not be submitted for assessment.
We can offer you
- Opportunity to engage in development of new educational programs
- An exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest and most urban university
- Participation in a dynamic professional environment and unique academic community
- The opportunity to be part of the development of a young and ambitious university with an entrepreneurial culture
- Academic development as part of a group of committed colleagues
- Academic development in a professional research environment
- Pension arrangements through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Beneficial welfare schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offers
Practical information about relocation to Oslo and living in Norway .
For more information about the position, feel free to contact Associate Professor Nenad Pavel, email@example.com
The position is remunerated in accordance with the Norwegian State salary scale Postdoctoral Research Fellow 1352. The salary is NOK 553 100 – 714 000 per year.
OsloMet has adhered to the principles in the DORA declaration and obliged the institution to follow the recommendations in this declaration.
Deadline for applications: 23.04.2023
OsloMet is a Charter & Code certified institution by the EU Commisson holding the right to use the logo HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R). OsloMet is a member of the EURAXESS network supporting a positive work environment for researchers in motion. OsloMet has signed The Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA) . DORA recognizes the need to improve the ways in which the outputs of scholarly research are evaluated.
- Type of employment:
- Fixed-term post
- Contract type:
- Full time
- First day of employment:
- Stillingen lønnes i henhold til Statens lønnsregulativ
- Number of positions:
- Working hours:
- Reference number:
- Nenad Pavel, +4767238581
- Last application date:
- 23/04/2023 23:59
Ph D Research Fellow In Psychology Inspired Computing For Robot Assistants , University of Oslo, Norway, about 20 hours ago
14th June 2023 Languages English English English PhD Research Fellow in Psychology-Inspired Computing for Robot Assistants Apply for this job See advertisement Job description A PhD Research Fello...
Research Assistant (Ui / Ux Design), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Job Description Applications are invited for the following full-time position in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health within the Telehealth Core: Research Assistant (UI/UX Design) At the Tele...
Postdoctoral Fellowship In Innovation And Sustainability Transitions , University of Oslo, Norway, 1 day ago
6th June 2023 Languages English English English Postdoctoral fellowship in Innovation and Sustainability Transitions Apply for this job See advertisement Job description TIK Centre fror Technology...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Nuclear Astrophysics , University of Oslo, Norway, 1 day ago
10th June 2023 Languages English English English Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Nuclear Astrophysics Apply for this job See advertisement Job description One Postdoctoral Research Fellow position...
Ph D Research Fellow In Educational Measurement , University of Oslo, Norway, 2 days ago
1st August 2023 Languages English English English PhD Research Fellow in Educational Measurement Apply for this job See advertisement Job description Applicants are invited for 1-2 three to four y...
Ph D Research Fellow In Human Geography Urban Sustainability Strategies And Social Inclusion , University of Oslo, Norway, about 20 hours ago
15th August 2023 Languages English English English PhD Research Fellow in human geography - Urban sustainability strategies and social inclusion Apply for this job See advertisement Job descriptio...