- University Services
- Palmerston North / Wellington
Professional Grade 7 73581 - 103400
Term length: ongoing
Hours of work: full-time
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
This is a fantastic opportunity for a well-rounded procurement professional to further develop their career in an environment of continuous improvement. Reporting to the Team Leader - Procurement, you will join our expanding Strategic Procurement and Contracts office.
Massey University is a world-leading university in many academic disciplines and fields of research. Our point of difference is that our research is connected to community and industry. Check us out here: Sustainability, research, and projects.
This role can be based in either Wellington or Palmerston North and remote work options are available. We offer a flexible, enabling, and inclusive environment, as well as superannuation (up to 6.75% of salary), subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare, five weeks holiday, study fee concessions, and many city-wide discounts and benefits.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
As a Strategic Procurement Specialist, you will be responsible for procurement activities throughout the source-to-contract lifecycle including procurement planning, tender and evaluation management, and supplier management.
Your ability to build meaningful working relationships both internally and externally is essential, and you must enjoy building a good rapport with our stakeholders and have solid influencing skills to engage with key suppliers at a strategic level in order to add value to our organisation.
Key accountabilities include:
• Interact with key stakeholders in identifying business needs, building relationships and promote the features and benefits of early procurement involvement
• Lead, develop and deliver procurement plans, tender documents, evaluation, recommendation reports and other procurement documentation
• Support internal stakeholders to ensure that suppliers continue to deliver to the needs, values and standards of the organisation, effective governance is maintained, and strong working relationships are developed and maintained
• Undertake assessments of existing agreements where additional savings and benefits can be achieved. Identify inefficient spend and utilise data and insights to identify areas for improvement.
What you will bring:
• Demonstrated experience in strategic, procurement, and/or supplier relationship management within a complex, multi-stakeholder operating environment.
• Success in optimising supplier relationships and supplier performance to deliver value add solutions.
• Proven strengths in stakeholder management and a high degree of commercial acumen to drive better outcomes for both internal and external stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building talents
• Ability to work well flexibly, independently and as a contributing member of a team
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Experience in embedding sustainability and Te Tiriti considerations into sourcing and supply chain strategies is desirable
• Ability and willingness to travel to Palmerston North campus as required up to twice/week (if based in Wellington/outside Manawatu region)
How to apply | Me pēhea te tono
If you are a self-motivated procurement professional and can demonstrate the above, then this role is for you.
To arrange a confidential conversation about this position please feel free to contact Julie Pedley, Strategic Projects & Procurement Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and appointments may be made prior to closing.
To view/download the job description, please click on the file below
Job Description - Strategic Procurement Specialist Opens in new window
Procurement Assistant, (Procurement), KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Description Job Purpose Procurement Assistant is responsible for assisting with department initiatives and services, assist with Inventory / Logistics, Tracking Stock supplies movements, Purchase...
Buyer, McGill University, Canada, 5 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Provost , ;, New Zealand, 21 days ago
Tumu Maruaia | Provost Strategic academic leadership opportunity at Aotearoa New Zealand’s capital city university Drive excellence and collaboration in university-wide projects and services Enabl...
Research Officer, MASSEY UNIVERSITY, New Zealand, 19 days ago
16 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company MASSEY UNIVERSITY Research Field Biological sciences Medical sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Cou...
Site Operations Administrator/Coordinator Manaaki Whenua, Manaaki Whenua, New Zealand, about 5 hours ago
Coordinator/Administrator - Site Operations Do you want a job that matters? We are looking for an enthusiastic multitasker who is skilled in providing efficient and effective administration and bu...
Procurement Officer (Ipt Pi 2023 65 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 17 days ago
18 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research Department Human Resources Research Field Economics » Business economics Researcher Profile Recog...