Mō mātou| About Us
ESR is keeping people safe and healthy through science, we help improve the safety of, and contribute to, the economic, environmental and social wellbeing of people and communities in New Zealand.
We harness the ingenuity of our people, innovative science, and technology and relationships to solve problems to strengthen New Zealand's health, safety and wellbeing. We also create innovative products and services for communities around the globe.
ESR is a Crown Research Institute with 450+ staff with sites across New Zealand.
Mō te tūnga | The role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technician to join our successful and growing Health & Environment Science Group based in Porirua. The candidate will support ESR's microbial genomics capabilities that underpin infectious diseases research and public health. This is a 12-month fixed-term opportunity.
In this role you will:
- take an active role in shaping and developing the future of sequencing in ESR, as part of a wider group of sequencing technicians and genomics experts across ESR's sites.
- not perform your work in isolation, you will be an active collaborator and your colleagues will provide support and up-skilling.
- perform research work as well as support surveillance work and other ESR staff with their projects.
Mōu| About you
To be successful in this role you will have a mix of the following:
- extensive laboratory experience in molecular biology with a MSc graduate qualification in molecular biology, microbiology, virology or a related discipline, and preferably has practical experience working with next-generation sequencing technologies.
- Experience with molecular techniques (extraction, PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR)
- Experience with lab automation/robotics
- Preferentially have familiarity or experience with downstream genomics and/or metagenomics workflows
- Experience in working in a PC2 laboratory
Ngā painga | The benefits
- $53k - $70k+, depending on relevant skills and experience
- Work with experts in genomics and bioinformatics, happy to share their expertise and grow yours.
- Varied and interesting work with a chance to meaningfully contribute to the health of New Zealanders.
- An exciting and diverse environment.
- You'll receive ongoing personal development and access to a Southern Cross group membership scheme.
- You will be working with a dedicated and passionate team of people who take pride in the quality of their work.
Me pēhea te tuku tono| How to apply
If you have any questions about the role, ESR or our recruitment process, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org. Click apply now to complete your application. Applications close on 18th May 2022.
ESR is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. We look forward to your application.
Please note the successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment drug-screen and police records check as conditions of employment.
Hybrid Method For Realistic Simulation Of Room Acoustics In Vr/Ar (Vrace Esr8), KU Leuven, Belgium, 25 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Team Leader Student Mentors One Year Secondment Opportunity, Open Polytechnic, New Zealand, 11 days ago
Tēnā koe. Nau mai ki te Kuratini Tuwhera. Team Leader: Student Mentors - Fixed Term 12 months Mō te tūnga | About the role Our Team Leader has been seconded to another role and we are looking for ...
Lecturer (Teaching) In Physical Activity & Wellbeing, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 13 days ago
« Back to Jobs Lecturer (Teaching) in Physical Activity & Wellbeing Location: Kelburn Type: Permanent Post Date: Fri Jun 3 01:01:15 2022 Ref: 4268 Are you an enthusiastic teacher, with a PhD in a...
Lecturer In Physical Activity And Wellbeing, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 13 days ago
« Back to Jobs Lecturer in Physical Activity and Wellbeing Location: Kelburn Type: Permanent Post Date: Fri Jun 3 02:00:24 2022 Ref: 4267 Do you have experience analysing and reporting physical a...
Kaiako Te Ahu O Te Reo Maori, Marlborough Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 19 hours ago
He kōrero mō Te Ahu o te Reo Māori ki Te Tauihu / About Te Ahu o te Reo Māori in the Nelson/Marlborough region Te Ahu o te Reo Māori is a Government-funded initiative that aims to grow and strengt...
Project Manager, Open Polytechnic, New Zealand, about 18 hours ago
Tēnā koe. Nau mai ki te Kuratini Tuwhera. Mō te tūnga | About the role We are looking for a Project Manager, with a well-established record of successfully delivering projects. The Product Develop...