As the longest-running agriculturally-based university in the Southern Hemisphere, Lincoln University’s story begins with farming, but it certainly doesn’t end there. As New Zealand’s economy diversified, so have we. Lincoln University is here to enhance and enrich lives. To grow the knowledge of our students so they can shape a world that benefits from a greater understanding of the relationship between our land, the food produced from it and the ecosystems within it. With three academic faculties, one teaching division, several research centres and a range of corporate service units, the University draws its students from throughout New Zealand and from over 60 countries. Lincoln University has a student roll of around 3,000 and approximately 700 staff.
Lincoln is a progressive university with ambitious strategic goals and a commitment to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of its community. We are about to embark on a large, complex project, focused on a blended learning and online learning initiative and we are looking for a Senior Online Learning Designer to join the project team. In this role, you will develop programme curriculum and coordinate the design and development of associated online courses; including facilitating the creation of resources, activities, and experiences appropriate for the delivery of excellent learning outcomes for our students.
This is a fixed term position running through December 2022.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- A tertiary postgraduate qualification in education, teaching and learning, digital education, or a related field and 3+ years’ experience designing educational activities preferably in an online context.
- Experience with coordinating the design and development of curriculum. Experience working in an online environment preferred.
- Experience working in an education environment implementing appropriate pedagogies and corresponding technologies.
- Ability to determine the appropriateness of online learning resources, activities and materials for a variety of learning environments.
- Experience of Learning Management Systems (particularly Moodle) with skills in both technical functionality and creating learning activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within teams including in challenging environments.
- Demonstrated effective project work and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks/projects to achieve project outcomes successfully and on time.
- The ability to share ideas and information with a diverse range of audiences and the ability to impact and influence others to achieve common goals through effective communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
In return we can offer you the opportunity to work in a highly motivated project team on a beautiful campus environment with free parking.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
For more information, please refer to the position description on the Lincoln University careers page or contact Patrice Wilkin, Recruitment Business Partner, on 03 423 0312.
Applications close on Monday 24/08/2020 at 9am NZ time.
Infrastructure Engineer (Ep Ado Po 2020 121 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 11 days ago
Introduction Are you an infrastructure engineer who has large field experience and wish to discover a domain where excellence is the key driving factor? Do you have experience in large infrastruct...
Assistant Professor In Economics (Teaching) Tenure Track Position Forward Faculty , Forward College ;, Portugal, 14 days ago
Executive Summary A university teacher in Economics who wishes to take part in a highly innovative curriculum and contribute to its design and evolution. The appointment will be at the level of a ...
Assistant Professor In Political Science (Teaching) Tenure Track Position, Forward College, Portugal, 18 days ago
Executive Summary A university teacher in Politics with an international outlook who wishes to take part in a highly innovative curriculum and contribute to its design and evolution. The appointme...
Marketing And Event Coordinator, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 10 days ago
Are you passionate about marketing? Do you have a creative approach and outgoing personality? Are you the professional who looks at the world with fresh eyes and an open mind, having the will and ...
Assistant Professor In Data Science / Statistics / Mathematics (Teaching) Tenure Track Position, Forward College, Portugal, 18 days ago
Executive Summary A university teacher in data science / statistics / mathematics who wishes to take part in a highly innovative curriculum and contribute to its design and evolution. The appointm...
Senior Kairangahau Māori Manaaki Whenua, Manaaki Whenua, New Zealand, 3 days ago
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic senior researcher to engage with Māori to undertake research, consultancy and research support with post-settlement iwi groups working to find in...