Senior Materials Engineer
Fixed Term - 12 months - 40 hours per week
Located in Rotorua
- We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist within our dynamic Materials, Engineering and Manufacturing Research Group
- Provide science and technological leadership in the areas of bioproducts, biopolymers, bioadhesives, packaging and biorefineries
Scion is a Crown Research Institute specialising in research, science and technology development for the forestry industry, wood products and wood-derived materials. We lead new technology development for renewables, bioproducts and energy and the establishment of a broader based bio-economy.
What are we looking for?
A creative and experienced Senior Scientist to provide science and technological leadership in the areas of bioproducts, biopolymers, bioadhesives, packaging and biorefineries to advance Scion's strategic objectives. You will be passionate about driving innovative approaches to research and development, and for sharing your technical expertise, guidance, coaching and mentoring to enable project deliverables.
You will have:
- PhD qualification in polymer chemistry or organic chemistry.
- Minimum of 20+ years' research and development experience.
- Strong scientific publication and citation record
- Experience in research and development of bio-based chemicals, fibres, polymers and materials.
- Experience in contributing to strategy development and implementation with a record of high impact outcomes and results.
- A passion for scientific discovery and translating research findings into real world impact.
- Recognised technical expert by science community and industry in specialist area with a growing global reputation and a breadth of science knowledge, experience and expertise
- Demonstrated high level of creativity and productivity in applying fundamental knowledge to solving applied problems.
Scion is home to creative science minds, and we have a vibrant culture ensuring employees can pursue innovation and excellence in their science delivery. With our head office based on the edge of Rotorua's world famous Whakarewarewa Forest, Scion also offers an enviable working environment with excellent work/life balance initiatives. Rotorua is one of New Zealand's leading tourist destinations owing to its outstanding natural environment and proximity to coastal beaches and inland lakes, native forests, geothermal areas and volcanic ski-fields.
Scion is proud to offer:
- A stimulating research environment aimed at replacing oil derived products with environmentally friendly natural alternatives
- Cutting-edge research developing new functionalised chemicals, polymers, fibres and composites derived from bio-based materials and renewable resources
- 40 hours per week plus flexible working options
- Salary range $80,000 - $95,000 depending on experience + benefits
- 4 weeks paid annual leave + 3 paid company days
- Continuous professional development and opportunities for progression
- An enviable work environment and a demonstrated commitment to Good Employer/ EEO principles.
- For more information about benefits of work at Scion of work at Scion
Closing Date: 21 March 2023
For further information and to apply online, please refer to our website: www.scionresearch.com .
If you are interested in applying for this position, please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible, due to the urgency to make an appointment to this role, interviews may be undertaken throughout the application period.
Doctoral Student In Biomaterials For Carbon Anode In Aluminum Production , KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 1 day ago
Project description Third-cycle subject: Materials Science and Engineering Aluminum is one of the world's most widely used and recycled metals. Commercial primary aluminum manufacture involves red...
Postdoctor, Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet, Sweden, 10 days ago
31 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet Research Field Technology » Chemical technology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Sweden Applicat...
Research Engineer (Department Of Materials Science And Engineering), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Job Description The research engineer will design different 3D structures for oil/water separation. He/she will use additive manufacturing for fabrication of ceramic samples, and will test their ...
Research Engineer In Lidar Remote Sensing Of Forests, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 23 hours ago
The Department of Forest Resource Management conducts education and research in the areas of forest planning, forest remote sensing, forest inventory and sampling, forest mathematical statistics a...
Doctoral Student In Biomaterials For Carbon Anode In Aluminum Production, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
9 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KTH Royal Institute of Technology Research Field Engineering » Materials engineering Chemistry » Other Engineering » Other Researcher Profile First ...
Doctoral Student At Slu In Forest Growth Modelling, Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet, Sweden, 18 days ago
23 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet Research Field Agricultural sciences » Forest sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Sweden ...