Scientist - Wood Quality
- Lead the development and implementation of Wood Quality Research
- Develop and implement Wood Quality research programmes working collaboratively with genetics and biotechnology, materials engineering research groups, forest growers and wood processors
Scion specialises in research, science and technology development for the forestry industry, wood products and wood-derived materials. We lead new technology development for renewables, bioproducts and energy and the establishment of a broader based bio-economy.
An exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced Wood Quality Scientist to join our multi-disciplinary team based in Rotorua. In this role you will develop research programs and work closely with our third-party stakeholders. You will have a strong focus on excellence and be particularly interested in high value timber manufacturing and products, if you:
- have a PhD degree in wood science, forestry science or engineering or other appropriate discipline;
- have five to ten years' experience in a relevant research environment. Demonstrated knowledge of wood material properties and techniques used to measure;
- are excited to lead the development and implementation of a Wood Quality Research Strategy to address the future needs of the forest growing and wood processing sectors, we would love to hear from you!
Though not essential, a demonstrated expertise in programming and data analytics, including environments such as R, Python and C will be highly desirable.
At Scion we are home to creative science minds and have a vibrant culture ensuring employees can pursue innovation and excellence in their science delivery. Scion is proud to offer:
- Opportunities for a fulfilling career that enables outcomes for New Zealand, Aotearoa;
- Continuous professional development;
- Enviable work environment; and
- A demonstrated commitment to Good Employer/ EEO principles.
Applications close: 8 January 2021
For further information and to apply online, please refer to our website: www.scionresearch.com .
Applied Forest Ecologist; New Paltz, Ny, Mohonk Preserve, United States, 15 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyMohonk PreserveLocationMohonk Preserve, New Paltz, NYJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryUpper $50's per ye...
Research Scientist Technology And Automation In Forestry, NIBIO - Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research, Norway, 24 days ago
Key Information The department of Forest Technology and Economics now has a vacant position as researcher in application of machine-based sensors for improved forest operations and mapping of the ...
Woody Biomass And Forest Products Advisor (Tuolumne) Ap#21 52, University of California, United States, 1 day ago
County Locations : Alpine County, Calaveras County, El Dorado County, Mariposa County, Tuolumne County Date Posted: January 9, 2022 Closing Date: March 11, 2022 Job Description: Download Serving T...
Assistant/Associate Professor – Forest Genetics And Tree Improvement, Mississippi State University, Worldwide, 13 days ago
Assistant/Associate Professor – Forest Genetics and Tree Improvement Department of Forestry Mississippi State University Position: Full-time, tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor position in...
Faculty Position – Natural Resource Conservation And Management, Mississippi State University, Worldwide, 13 days ago
Faculty Position – Natural Resource Conservation and Management Department of Forestry Mississippi State University Position: Assistant/Associate Professor, Department of Forestry, College of Fore...
Faculty: Forest Ecology, Management, And Remote Sensing/Gis – Crookston, Minnesota, University of Minnesota Crookston, United States, 9 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyUniversity of Minnesota CrookstonLocationCrookston, MinnesotaJob CategoryFaculty AppointmentsSalarySalary an...