16 May 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
28 May 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
College of Sciences
The opportunity - Te Whiwhinga mahi
The School of Veterinary Science invites applications for an ongoing, part time (0.62) term position of Research Officer.
This position will assist with the delivery of the 10-year research programme led by The Percival Carmine Chair in Epidemiology and Public Health.
About us - Ko wai mātou
The School of Veterinary Science - Tāwharau Ora advances knowledge in animal health and welfare, biosecurity, conservation, and sustainable productivity.
We are a world leader in our field, working with governments, other universities, international and national organisations, and companies to improve animal health, welfare and production, and human health.
Massey also offers:
- Up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme
- Five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
- Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family
- Discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities
- Staff purchasing privileges and discounts at many commercial and retail businesses across NZ
- Access to wonderful on-Campus crèche /day care facilities
- Comprehensive professional development and training programmes
About you - Ko koe tēnei
- You must have experience with DNA extraction, PCR, sequencing preparation including library preparations for whole genome sequencing/metabarcoding, sequence editing and analyses and data interpretation
- Accurate, timely and efficient data recording throughout all laboratory and data analyses processes using the required PC2 laboratory protocols and necessary Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) is required and experience with project management, including field and laboratory work, is desired
- Some experience with genomic analyses, at least to support entry level students would be advantageous
- You must possess initiative, flexibility, effective communication skills and be able to work constructively within a multidisciplinary team environment with other staff and graduate students
Join us in the Manawatū
Palmerston North is a family-friendly, eminently bikeable, compact city of approximately 90,000 people centrally located in the North Island of New Zealand. There is easy access to outdoor activities such as skiing, hiking, excellent road- and mountain biking, and surfing. The town has a vibrant coffee culture, and numerous restaurants, and is close to some of the best winemaking areas in the world. New Zealand’s capital city Wellington, is approximately 1.5 hours drive away. Wellington provides a dose of big-city culture and is the departure point for vehicle ferries to the South Island. https://manawatunz.co.nz/live/work/working-in-manawatu/
Enquiries of an academic nature may be directed to Professor David Hayman, Phone +64 6 3569099 ext. 83047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28 May 2023.
Reference number: CS_SVSFVSG_514_05/23
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz
- Number of offers available
- MASSEY UNIVERSITY
- New Zealand
- Palmerston North, New Zealand
Where to apply
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Campus Care Assistant, Massey University, New Zealand, 11 days ago
Campus Services - MW University Services Palmerston North US_CSMW_821_08/23 Professional Grade 3 46637 - 61820 University Services Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time Position Overview T...
Tutor/Senior Tutor In Human Development, Massey University, New Zealand, 15 days ago
Institute of Education College of Humanities and Social Sciences Palmerston North CHSS_IE_808_08/23 Institute of Education College of Humanities and Social Sciences Term length: fixed-term Hours o...
Dairy Assistant, Massey University, New Zealand, 15 days ago
Ag and Hort Enterprises College of Sciences Palmerston North CS_AHE_706_07/23 Farm Staff College of Sciences Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time Position Overview Massey University’s Agr...
Tutor In Farm Management, Massey University, New Zealand, 15 days ago
Agriculture College of Sciences Palmerston North CS_A_832_08/23 Agriculture College of Sciences Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time To view academic salary scales, please click here Posi...
Finance Business Partner, Massey University, New Zealand, 20 days ago
Senior Finance Business Partner - College University Services Palmerston North / Wellington US_SFBPC_742_07/23 Professional Grade 7 University Services Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-tim...
International Student Recruitment Specialist, Massey University, New Zealand, 15 days ago
International Recruitment Students and Global Engagement Auckland / Palmerston North SGE_IR_827_08/23 Professional Grade 6 65227 - 92732 Students and Global Engagement Term length: ongoing Hours o...