The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
Marlborough Campus based
We are looking for the ultimate Programme Support Coordinator to support the delivery of programmes of study for our ākonga and their whānau. This permanent 0.4FTE (15 hours per week) role focusses on Foundation Studies programmes which is whānau focused and built around our desire to make a positive difference in the lives of our young people on their learning journey.
As a Programme Support Coordinator, you will:
- provide professional operational support through the efficient coordination, interaction, monitoring and facilitation of all functions and duties
- actively contribute to business planning to ensure successful outputs for all, in turn maximizing the success rates, retention and achievement of both learners and staff
- play a big part in building and fostering positive relationships that display and inspires the values of NMIT: Manawa nui (We reach out and welcome in), Manawa roa (We learn and achieve together) and Manawa ora (We strengthen and grow the whole person) and
- have an ability to problem solve and show initiative in a fast-paced environment is crucial to the role.
About you | He kōrero mōu
Operationalising the delivery of our programmes in response to our ākonga will require an effective coordinator who is highly organized and who has excellent communication skills. You have a passion about helping ākonga and teams succeed and are dedicated to removing barriers so everyone can succeed.
To be successful in this role you will need:
NCEA Level 2 or 3 (or equivalent) with 10+ years' relevant experience in specialist field /roles OR
- Relevant National Certificate Level 4 or 5 with 8+ years' relevant experience in specialist field /roles OR
- Relevant National Diploma Level 5 or National Certificate Level 6 with 7+ years' relevant experience in specialist field /roles OR
- Relevant tertiary degree qualification with 4+ years' relevant experience in specialist field/roles.
and be able to demonstrate:
Commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and demonstrate these values in everything you do
- Outstanding communication
- A growth mindset and be solution focussed
- Proficiency in administration workflows and Microsoft work tools
- be friendly approachable manner with ability to build and maintain positive relationships,
- have relevant skills and experience outlined in the job description,
- Proven experience in the analysis, research and/or writing of reports or presenting information or data accurately.
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with the ability to see multiple perspectives,
- Methodical with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
What we offer / Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
- Great central location with access to free onsite parking.
- Modern on-site facilities including café/restaurant/sports facilities/library.
- Excellent employee benefits such as flexible working, tertiary study discount and annual Christmas/ New Year closedown.
About NMIT / He kōrero mō Te Whare Wānanga o Te Tauihu o Te Waka a Māui
NMIT is a proud member of Te Pūkenga - the New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology which is an ākonga -centred delivery network, which brings together 16 Institutes of Technology, & 9 Industry Training Organisations to deliver greater access to flexible, career-focused learning - on the job, on campus and online learning across Aotearoa. The network is committed to providing equity of access and support, flexible delivery options that fits lifetime learning around busy lives and is dedicated to removing any barriers to success for ākonga and their whanau.
How to apply/ Me pēhea te tuku tono
We accept applications via our online application systems. For a job description, please follow the application link.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Application close date is 12pm Sunday, 22 January 2023
Use the Apply with Seek option only if you do not already have a profile with us. You will be prompted to create a new profile and log into your Seek account to prepopulate your Seek details over to our site.
Kaiurungi, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 14 days ago
Kā Waimaero | UC Māori Located in Ōtautahi | Christchurch, Aotearoa | New Zealand Full-time at 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE) Continuing (ie. Permanent) role Kia hiwa rā, kia hiwa rā! He hiahia, he...
Kaiurungi Matua, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, about 20 hours ago
Kia hiwa rā, kia hiwa rā! He pūkenga, he hiahia nōu ki te mahi a te Kaiurungi Matua? Nāia te pōwhiri nā Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha kia tono mai i te tūranga nei. Kā Waimaero | UC Māori Full-time a...
Work Placement Coordinator, Waikato Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 12 hours ago
Can you make a difference in your industry and to your own life by sharing your skills with Wintec - Te Pūkenga? About the role Wintec - Te Pūkenga's Department of Animal Technology is currently r...
Kaiāwhina , Waikato Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 15 days ago
An exciting role working with ākonga to support learning needs and achievement of education aspirations! About the role If you are interested in supporting ākonga needs that occur during the study...
Kaiārahi Māori, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, about 20 hours ago
Kia hiwa rā, kia hiwa rā! He pūkenga, he hiahia nōu ki te mahi a te Kaiārahi Māori? Nāia te pōwhiri nā Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha kia tono mai i te tūranga nei. Kā Waimaero | UC Māori Full-time at...
Lecturer In Mātauranga Māori, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 19 days ago
Kia hiwa rā! At Unitec Institute of Technology Te Whare Wānanga o Wairaka - part of Te Pūkenga, we are grounded in Te Tiriti o Waitangi and are committed to Tiriti based partnership. We are focuse...