« Back to Jobs
Pūkenga | Lecturer in Nursing
- Tue Dec 5 01:51:36 2023
- Are you a Registered Nurse with a current annual practicing certificate?
- Do you consider yourself to be a team player who thrives in collaborative work environments?
- Are you passionate about preparing nurses for the future workforce and are committed to enacting the Principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a dynamic career Academic for the role of Pūkenga – Lecturer in Nursing in Te Kura Tapuhi Hauora | School of Nursing, Midwifery, and Health Practice . The Lecturer in Nursing will assist with the development and delivery of the courses in the Master in Nursing Science programme (MNS), support research in the School, and to provide supervisory support to the School’s growing doctoral programme.
Undertaking impactful research and scholarship that:
- Engages constructively and productively with colleagues within and outside the University.
- Is evidenced by a range of activities (e.g., building positive relationships with communities and relevant organisations, publishing in international and domestic journals, research funding, community engagement and outreach).
- Successfully attracts and supports research students into the discipline of nursing.
Commitment to teaching and learning as evidenced by:
- Academically rigorous, research-led teaching that stimulates student learning.
- Coordinating and teaching postgraduate courses.
- A pedagogical approach that reflects Te Tiriti o Waitangi, our location in the Pacific, and a diverse student body that includes international students from a range of backgrounds.
- Experience in the research-practice nexus and/or community engagement will be considered an asset.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
The successful applicant be an enthusiastic teacher, with relevant qualifications and clinical/teaching experience commensurate with the level of appointment. Clinical experience in the areas of primary and community health or in mental health and addiction services will be considered an asset. The following attributes are essential:
- Registered Nurse with a current annual practicing certificate.
- A completed or commenced doctoral degree in a relevant field, or other relevant qualifications commensurate with the role.
- Demonstrated evidence of successful teaching in nursing at a tertiary level, including the use of technology.
- Demonstrated evidence of culturally responsive practices, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Te Wāhanga Tātai Hauora Wellington Faculty of Health is the newest Faculty at Te Herenga Waka, established in 2017. We are a team of passionate researchers and teachers from across the University that help prepare the next generation of health sector professionals in making a difference to New Zealanders’ health and wellbeing. We value collaboration, innovative thinking, excellence in teaching, and critical and transformational engagement. We are committed to upholding the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and implementing the University’s Māori strategic outcomes framework “Mai i te Iho ki te Pae”, and to the success of Māori and Pasifika students.
Close Date for Vacancy: 5 January 2024. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Associate Professor Kathy Holloway, School Director ([email protected] ). But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form . Then, please combine your cover letter, CV and the University Application Form into a single file (preferably in pdf format). Click Apply and follow the process to enter your contact details and attach your combined file (CV, cover letter and the University application form) using the “CV/Resume” button.
If you are unable to combine your documents or have further supporting documents, please email these to [email protected] stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer In Educational Psychology , ;, New Zealand, 22 days ago
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About our University Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. As Aotearoa New Zealand’s globally ranked c...
Administrator Office Of The Dvc Māori, Massey University, New Zealand, about 4 hours ago
DVC Maori - Business Services DVC Maori Palmerston North DVCM_DVCMBS_1077_12/23 Professional Grade 4 48596 - 71027 DVC Maori Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time Position Overview Tēnā ko...
Kaiwhakaako (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer) Nursing, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 2 hours ago
Kaiwhakaako Tangata Whenua Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Flexible working arrangements up to (0.5 FTE), fixed-term position Heuea ngā rangi tuatinitini Heuea ngā rangi pōkaikaha Kai maiangi ake te haut...
Administrator, Massey University, New Zealand, about 4 hours ago
Research Centre for Hauora and Health College of Health Wellington CH_RCHH_1066_12/23 Professional Grade 4 48596 - 71027 College of Health Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time Position Ov...
Pasifika Coordinator, Open Polytechnic, New Zealand, about 21 hours ago
Tēnā koe. Nau mai ki te Kuratini Tuwhera. Mō te tūnga | About the role We have an exciting opportunity for a Pasifika Coordinator to join the Pasifika Office at Kuratini Tuwhera (Open Polytechnic,...
Online Programme Coordinator / Lecturer (Teaching & Admin), M Org Psych, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Te Kura Mahi ā-Hirikapo | School of Psychology, Speech and Hearing Te Kaupeka Pūtaiao | Faculty of Science Located in Ōtautahi | Christchurch, Aotearoa | New Zealand Full-time, 37.5 hours per week...