As the longest-running agriculturally-based university in the Southern Hemisphere, Lincoln University’s story begins with farming, but it certainly doesn’t end there. As New Zealand’s economy diversified, so have we. Lincoln University is here to enhance and enrich lives. To grow the knowledge of our students so they can shape a world that benefits from a greater understanding of the relationship between our land, the food produced from it and the ecosystems within it. With three academic faculties, one teaching division, several research centres and a range of corporate service units, the University draws its students from throughout New Zealand and from over 60 countries. Lincoln University has a student roll of around 3,000 and approximately 700 staff.
Lincoln is a progressive university with ambitious strategic goals and a commitment to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of its community. We are about to embark on a large, complex project, focused on a blended learning and online learning initiative and we are looking for experienced Online Learning Developers to join the project team. In this role, you will work alongside our designers and instructors to actualise their designs using your knowledge of online learning pedagogy, rapid development tools and LMS-based technologies. You will advising team members and other staff on the appropriate setups and structures for an engaging and functional online learning environments, provide guidance in the requirements for creating online experiences, and assist other staff to identify, select and implement appropriate tools and technologies into their online activities. You will strive under pressure, keep a positive demeanour, and are 100% committed to ensure our new online programmes are sustainable, accessible, and academically rigorous to ensure the best outcomes for our students.
These are fixed term positions running through till mid-December 2022.
To be successful in these roles, you will ideally have:
- A relevant graduate qualification in instructional design, educational technologies, adult education or a related field and/or appropriate experience in the setup of online learning environments, e-learning, and/or other distance education activities.
- Experience working in an online distance education environment with high computing and web-based skills. Experience of coding within an LMS environment preferred.
- Proven experience with the development of e-learning activities/resources and online courses with a particular focus on functional setups and structures
- Ability to develop appropriate resource materials in a range of appropriate media. Experience with online learning rapid development preferred.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design principles.
- Experience working with educational technologies, Learning Management Systems, and educational technology. Experience with Moodle preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within teams including in challenging environments and under high pressure timelines.
- Demonstrated effective project work and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks/projects to achieve project outcomes successfully and on time.
- Experience of supporting teaching in a multi-cultural educational environment.
- The ability to share ideas and information with a diverse range of audiences and the ability to impact and influence others to achieve common goals through effective communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
In return we can offer you the opportunity to work in a highly motivated project team on a beautiful campus environment with free parking.Please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
For more information, please refer to the position description on the Lincoln University careers page or contact Patrice Wilkin, Recruitment Business Partner, on 03 423 0312.
Applications close on Tuesday 25/08/2020 at 9am.
Assistant Professor In Economics (Teaching) Tenure Track Position Forward Faculty , Forward College ;, Portugal, 14 days ago
Executive Summary A university teacher in Economics who wishes to take part in a highly innovative curriculum and contribute to its design and evolution. The appointment will be at the level of a ...
Assistant Professor In Political Science (Teaching) Tenure Track Position, Forward College, Portugal, 18 days ago
Executive Summary A university teacher in Politics with an international outlook who wishes to take part in a highly innovative curriculum and contribute to its design and evolution. The appointme...
Assistant Professor In Data Science / Statistics / Mathematics (Teaching) Tenure Track Position, Forward College, Portugal, 18 days ago
Executive Summary A university teacher in data science / statistics / mathematics who wishes to take part in a highly innovative curriculum and contribute to its design and evolution. The appointm...
System Support Officer, McGill University, Canada, 13 days ago
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Associate Director, the Systems Support Officer will be responsible for achieving key Continuing Professional Development initiatives. This includes, i...
Marketing And Event Coordinator, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 10 days ago
Are you passionate about marketing? Do you have a creative approach and outgoing personality? Are you the professional who looks at the world with fresh eyes and an open mind, having the will and ...
Senior Kairangahau Māori Manaaki Whenua, Manaaki Whenua, New Zealand, 3 days ago
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic senior researcher to engage with Māori to undertake research, consultancy and research support with post-settlement iwi groups working to find in...