Search Show all jobs
show advanced Search
Apply Print Email this job to a friend
Online Learning Developers x 2
As the longest-running agriculturally-based university in the Southern Hemisphere, Lincoln University's story begins with farming, but it certainly doesn't end there. As New Zealand's economy diversified, so have we. Lincoln University is here to enhance and enrich lives. To grow the knowledge of our students so they can shape a world that benefits from a greater understanding of the relationship between our land, the food produced from it and the ecosystems within it. With three academic faculties, one teaching division, several research centres and a range of corporate service units, the University draws its students from throughout New Zealand and from over 60 countries. Lincoln University has a student roll of around 3,000 and approximately 700 staff.
Lincoln is a progressive university with ambitious strategic goals and a commitment to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of its community. We are about to embark on a large, complex project, focused on a blended learning and online learning initiative and we are looking for experienced Online Learning Developers to join the project team. In this role, you will work alongside our designers and instructors to actualise their designs using your knowledge of online learning pedagogy, rapid development tools and LMS-based technologies. You will advising team members and other staff on the appropriate setups and structures for an engaging and functional online learning environments, provide guidance in the requirements for creating online experiences, and assist other staff to identify, select and implement appropriate tools and technologies into their online activities. You will strive under pressure, keep a positive demeanour, and are 100% committed to ensure our new online programmes are sustainable, accessible, and academically rigorous to ensure the best outcomes for our students.
There are two fixed term positions available running through till mid-December 2022.
To be successful in these roles, you will ideally have:
- A relevant graduate qualification in instructional design, educational technologies, adult education or a related field and/or appropriate experience in the setup of online learning environments, e-learning, and/or other distance education activities.
- Experience working in an online distance education environment with high computing and web-based skills. Experience of coding within an LMS environment preferred.
- Proven experience with the development of e-learning activities/resources and online courses with a particular focus on functional setups and structures
- Ability to develop appropriate resource materials in a range of appropriate media. Experience with online learning rapid development preferred.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design principles.
- Experience working with educational technologies, Learning Management Systems, and educational technology. Experience with Moodle preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within teams including in challenging environments and under high pressure timelines.
- Demonstrated effective project work and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks/projects to achieve project outcomes successfully and on time.
- Experience of supporting teaching in a multi-cultural educational environment.
- The ability to share ideas and information with a diverse range of audiences and the ability to impact and influence others to achieve common goals through effective communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
In return we can offer you the opportunity to work in a highly motivated project team on a beautiful campus environment with free parking.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
For more information, please refer to the position description on the Lincoln University careers page or contact Anne Liddicoat at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance
|Posted on||12 Jan 2021|
|Closes on||01 Feb 2021 09:00 NZST|
|Location(s)||Lincoln University Farms|
|Work type(s)||Fixed term full-time|
|More details (document)||Online Learning Developer PD.pdf|
Apply Print Email this job to a friend
© Lincoln University
Agency sign in
This site is powered by Snaphire (www.snaphire.com)
|Loading . . .|
41485 Farm Manager, Field Research Network Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, about 1 hour ago
Lincoln Research Centre I Vacancy 41485 About Us At Plant & Food Research we conduct research that adds value to fruit, vegetable, crop and food products. Our approximately 950 staff, spread acros...
Senior Technician Microbial Solutions Ag Research, AgResearch, New Zealand, about 2 hours ago
The Role and opportunity AgResearch is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated research Senior Technician to join the Microbial Solutions team based at our Lincoln campus. This role is a permane...
Programmes Manager, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 25 days ago
Skip to Content Skip to Main navigation Sign in AUT Study International Student Life Research Alumni Partnerships About Student Digital Workspace Arion AUTi (staff intranet) Password help Sign in ...
Business Analyst / Business Process Lead Manaaki Whenua, Manaaki Whenua, New Zealand, 3 days ago
This position is permanent and full time, based at our Lincoln site and reporting to the IT Service Manager. In this position, you will coordinate cross functional business process improvements, d...
People And Culture Coordinator Ag Research, AgResearch, New Zealand, 13 days ago
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary People & Culture team with a brand new HRIS system? This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take t...
Food Process And Product Scientist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
Non-University Vacancy Location: Off Campus Closing Date: Monday 08 February 2021 Reference: TIEKTP0001 This opportunity is not at the University of Lincoln, but at one of our international pa...