As the longest-running agriculturally-based university in the Southern Hemisphere, Lincoln University’s story begins with farming, but it certainly doesn’t end there. As New Zealand’s economy diversified, so have we. Lincoln University is here to enhance and enrich lives. To grow the knowledge of our students so they can shape a world that benefits from a greater understanding of the relationship between our land, the food produced from it and the ecosystems within it. With three academic faculties, one teaching division, several research centres and a range of corporate service units, the University draws its students from throughout New Zealand and from over 60 countries. Lincoln University has a student roll of around 3,000 and approximately 700 staff.
Lincoln is a progressive university with ambitious strategic goals and a commitment to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of its community. We are about to embark on a large, complex project, focused on a blended learning and online learning initiative and we are looking for experienced Online Learning Designers to join the project team. To kick things off, we need individuals excited to work alongside our instructors to design and develop online programmes and courses. You will use your skills in pedagogy and learning to transform traditional materials in meaningful, engaging, and high quality asynchronous online learning experiences. You will also provide support and guidance with online teaching to our existing instructors while demonstrating best practices and cultural understanding. You will strive under pressure, keep a positive demeanour, and are 100% committed to ensure our new online programmes are sustainable, accessible, and academically rigorous to ensure the best outcomes for our students.
These are fixed term positions running through till mid-December 2022.
To be successful in these roles, you will ideally have:
- A tertiary qualification in education, teaching and learning, digital education, or a related field and 1-3 years’ experience designing educational activities preferably in an online context.
- Experience working in an education environment implementing appropriate pedagogies. High computing and web-based skills preferred. Previous experience working in online learning within higher education preferred.
- Experience with the design and development of program curriculum and/or individual courses with a particular focus on assessment and learning.
- Ability to develop appropriate resource materials in a range of appropriate media.
- Experience or familiarity working with educational technologies, Learning Management Systems and educational technology. Experience with Moodle preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within teams including in challenging environments and under high pressure timelines.
- Demonstrated effective project work and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks/projects to achieve project outcomes successfully and on time.
- Experience of teaching in a multi-cultural educational environment.
- The ability to share ideas and information with a diverse range of audiences and the ability to impact and influence others to achieve common goals through effective communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
In return we can offer you the opportunity to work in a highly motivated project team on a beautiful campus environment with free parking.Please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
For more information, please refer to the position description on the Lincoln University Careers page or contact Patrice Wilkin, Recruitment Business Partner, on 03 423 0312.
Applications close on Tuesday 25/08/2020 at 9am.
41465 B3 Programme Communications Support Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, about 18 hours ago
Better Border Biosecurity (B3) Programme 0.5 FTE - 3 year Fixed Term Vacancy 41465 | Lincoln, Christchurch or Mount Albert, Auckland Better Border Biosecurity (B3) is a multi-partner, co-operative...
41314 Bioinformatician Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, about 18 hours ago
Lincoln, Te Puke, Nelson Research Centre Vacancy 41314 About us Plant & Food Research (PFR) is a vibrant organisation conducting research that adds value to New Zealand's horticulture and seafood ...
Professional Teaching Fellow School Of Biological Sciences , University of Auckland, New Zealand ;, New Zealand, 10 days ago
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity The University of Auckland/Te Whare Wānanga o Tāmaki Makaurau is inviting applications to join our team in the School of Biological Sciences/Te Kura Mātauranga ...
Senior Academic Staff Design For Behaviour, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 19 hours ago
Department: Product Development Regime Full-time The Department of Product Development in the Faculty of Design Sciences has the following full-time vacancy: Senior academic staff in the field of ...
Instructor, University Foundation Program, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
Job Description University College is seeking well-qualified and experienced English language instructors to teach a range of credit- bearing English courses including English for Academic Purpose...
Manager, Instructional Design Digital Education, Center For Learning And Teaching (Clt), American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 9 hours ago
Reports to: Associate Director Digital Education, CLT Purpose: Under the supervision of the associate director for digital education, this position entails leading teams of CLT staff, and studen...