As the longest-running agriculturally-based university in the Southern Hemisphere, Lincoln University’s story begins with farming, but it certainly doesn’t end there. As New Zealand’s economy diversified, so have we. Lincoln University is here to enhance and enrich lives. To grow the knowledge of our students so they can shape a world that benefits from a greater understanding of the relationship between our land, the food produced from it and the ecosystems within it. With three academic faculties, one teaching division, several research centres and a range of corporate service units, the University draws its students from throughout New Zealand and from over 60 countries. Lincoln University has a student roll of around 3,000 and approximately 700 staff.
Lincoln is a progressive university with ambitious strategic goals and a commitment to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of its community. We are about to embark on a large, complex project, focused on a blended learning and online learning initiative and we are looking for experienced Online Learning Designers to join the project team. To kick things off, we need individuals excited to work alongside our instructors to design and develop online programmes and courses. You will use your skills in pedagogy and learning to transform traditional materials in meaningful, engaging, and high quality asynchronous online learning experiences. You will also provide support and guidance with online teaching to our existing instructors while demonstrating best practices and cultural understanding. You will strive under pressure, keep a positive demeanour, and are 100% committed to ensure our new online programmes are sustainable, accessible, and academically rigorous to ensure the best outcomes for our students.
These are fixed term positions running through till mid-December 2022.
To be successful in these roles, you will ideally have:
- A tertiary qualification in education, teaching and learning, digital education, or a related field and 1-3 years’ experience designing educational activities preferably in an online context.
- Experience working in an education environment implementing appropriate pedagogies. High computing and web-based skills preferred. Previous experience working in online learning within higher education preferred.
- Experience with the design and development of program curriculum and/or individual courses with a particular focus on assessment and learning.
- Ability to develop appropriate resource materials in a range of appropriate media.
- Experience or familiarity working with educational technologies, Learning Management Systems and educational technology. Experience with Moodle preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within teams including in challenging environments and under high pressure timelines.
- Demonstrated effective project work and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks/projects to achieve project outcomes successfully and on time.
- Experience of teaching in a multi-cultural educational environment.
- The ability to share ideas and information with a diverse range of audiences and the ability to impact and influence others to achieve common goals through effective communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
In return we can offer you the opportunity to work in a highly motivated project team on a beautiful campus environment with free parking.Please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
For more information, please refer to the position description on the Lincoln University Careers page or contact Patrice Wilkin, Recruitment Business Partner, on 03 423 0312.
Applications close on Tuesday 25/08/2020 at 9am.
Snap Ed Program Manager, Adams, Grant, And Lincoln Counties, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 17 hours ago
Posting Details Employee Type AP-Administrative Professional University Title Extension Coordinator Senior Working Title SNAP-Ed Program Manager, Adams, Grant, and Lincoln Counties College/Area WS...
Assistant Professor In Economics (Teaching) Tenure Track Position Forward Faculty , Forward College ;, Portugal, 22 days ago
Executive Summary A university teacher in Economics who wishes to take part in a highly innovative curriculum and contribute to its design and evolution. The appointment will be at the level of a ...
Assistant Professor In Political Science (Teaching) Tenure Track Position, Forward College, Portugal, 26 days ago
Executive Summary A university teacher in Politics with an international outlook who wishes to take part in a highly innovative curriculum and contribute to its design and evolution. The appointme...
Scientific Information Specialist: Education & Community, Towards Open Science (0.9 1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Scientific information specialist: Education & Community, towards open science (0.9 - 1.0 FTE) Job description As a result of ongoing technological developments, both education and research are be...
Intern, Learning And Development, Hr, New York University, United States, 7 days ago
The intern will mainly assist HR Learning & Development team in various staff training and development programs preparation and implementation. Occasionally this intern will also help with other t...
Infrastructure Engineer (Ep Ado Po 2020 121 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 19 days ago
Introduction Are you an infrastructure engineer who has large field experience and wish to discover a domain where excellence is the key driving factor? Do you have experience in large infrastruct...