Search Show all jobs
show advanced Search
Apply Print Email this job to a friend
Online Learning Designer
As the longest-running agriculturally-based university in the Southern Hemisphere, Lincoln University's story begins with farming, but it certainly doesn't end there. As New Zealand's economy diversified, so have we. Lincoln University is here to enhance and enrich lives. To grow the knowledge of our students so they can shape a world that benefits from a greater understanding of the relationship between our land, the food produced from it and the ecosystems within it. With three academic faculties, one teaching division, several research centres and a range of corporate service units, the University draws its students from throughout New Zealand and from over 60 countries. Lincoln University has a student roll of around 3,000 and approximately 700 staff.
Lincoln is a progressive university with ambitious strategic goals and a commitment to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of its community. We are about to embark on a large, complex project, focused on a blended learning and online learning initiative and we are looking for experienced Online Learning Designers to join the project team. To kick things off, we need individuals excited to work alongside our instructors to design and develop online programmes and courses. You will use your skills in pedagogy and learning to transform traditional materials in meaningful, engaging, and high quality asynchronous online learning experiences. You will also provide support and guidance with online teaching to our existing instructors while demonstrating best practices and cultural understanding. You will strive under pressure, keep a positive demeanour, and are 100% committed to ensure our new online programmes are sustainable, accessible, and academically rigorous to ensure the best outcomes for our students.
This is a fixed term position running through till mid-December 2022.
To be successful in these roles, you will ideally have:
- A tertiary qualification in education, teaching and learning, digital education, or a related field and 1-3 years' experience designing educational activities preferably in an online context.
- Experience working in an education environment implementing appropriate pedagogies. High computing and web-based skills preferred. Previous experience working in online learning within higher education preferred.
- Experience with the design and development of program curriculum and/or individual courses with a particular focus on assessment and learning.
- Ability to develop appropriate resource materials in a range of appropriate media.
- Experience or familiarity working with educational technologies, Learning Management Systems and educational technology. Experience with Moodle preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within teams including in challenging environments and under high pressure timelines.
- Demonstrated effective project work and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks/projects to achieve project outcomes successfully and on time.
- Experience of teaching in a multi-cultural educational environment.
- The ability to share ideas and information with a diverse range of audiences and the ability to impact and influence others to achieve common goals through effective communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
In return we can offer you the opportunity to work in a highly motivated project team on a beautiful campus environment with free parking.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
For more information, please refer to the position description on the Lincoln University careers page or contact Anne Liddicoat (HR Business Partner) at email@example.com in the first instance
|Posted on||12 Jan 2021|
|Closes on||01 Feb 2021 09:00 NZST|
|Location(s)||Lincoln University Campus|
|Work type(s)||Fixed term full-time|
|More details (document)||Online Learning Designer PD.pdf|
© Lincoln University
Agency sign in
This site is powered by Snaphire (www.snaphire.com)
|Loading . . .|
Occupational Therapist (Outpatient Orthopedic & Hand Therapy) Occupational Therapy Occ (Job Id #142936), University of Illinois, United States, 4 days ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications Required: Licensure or Eligibility for licensure as a registered occupational therapist by the State of Illinois under the condition that they have been issued a ...
Systems Engineer, Manukau Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 5 days ago
Seeking a new challenge with a lot of technology tools to play with? At Manukau Institute of Technology's (MIT) Technology Services team, you can display your skills across multiple technology sta...
Senior Learning Designer (Current Aut Employees Only), Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 10 hours ago
Use your learning design experience to make a real difference Contribute to the teaching and learning quality and innovation for AUT Full time, permanent position based in Auckland CBD Auckland Un...
Senior Lecturer In Physics, Focus On Physics/Technology Education, Karlstads universitet, Sweden, 21 days ago
Description The Department of Engineering and Physics at Karlstad University offers two subjects with research and education at the PhD level, Physics and Materials Engineering. Physics includes t...
Lecturers Creative Business, HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Your profile You are curious about the world around you and how it relates to all forms of creativity and business. You collaborate. You listen. You are open to new or additional learning experien...
Web Application Developer, Assistant Manager, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Teaching & Learning Centre Job Description An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Web Application Developer to join the Teaching & Learning Centre (TLC). This position will initially be offered ...