As the longest-running agriculturally-based university in the Southern Hemisphere, Lincoln University’s story begins with farming, but it certainly doesn’t end there. As New Zealand’s economy diversified, so have we. Lincoln University is here to enhance and enrich lives. To grow the knowledge of our students so they can shape a world that benefits from a greater understanding of the relationship between our land, the food produced from it and the ecosystems within it. With three academic faculties, one teaching division, several research centres and a range of corporate service units, the University draws its students from throughout New Zealand and from over 60 countries. Lincoln University has a student roll of around 3,000 and approximately 700 staff.
Lincoln is a progressive university with ambitious strategic goals and a commitment to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of its community. We are about to embark on a large, complex project, focused on a blended learning and online learning initiative and we are looking for an experienced LMS Support Administrator to join the project team. In this role, you will work to ensure our LMS (Moodle) is supported and operational, in conjunction with our ITS business partners. You will supporting team members and other staff on the appropriate setups and structures for an engaging and functional online learning environments, manage our learning technology ecosytem, and assist other staff to identify, select and implement appropriate tools and technologies into their online activities. You will strive under pressure, keep a positive demeanour, and are 100% committed to ensure our online learning technology ecosystem is sustainable, accessible, and available to ensure the best outcomes for our students.
This is a fixed term position running through till June 2021.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in adult learning and/or technical IT system management and/or appropriate experience in the setup of online learning environments, e-learning, and/or other distance education activities.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in maintaining technical software systems against best practice Learning and Development methodology and/or adult learning principles. Experience in LMS administration (Moodle) or similar system highly preferred.
- Experience working in an education environment implementing appropriate technologies and pedagogies. Previous experience working in online learning within higher education preferred.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with technical staff, software support staff, and vendors.
- Ability to communicate and develop appropriate resource, support and/or training materials in a range of appropriate media. Sound understanding of learning needs analysis preferred.
- Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within teams including in challenging environments and under high pressure timelines.
- Demonstrated effective project work and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks/projects to achieve project outcomes successfully and on time.
- A detail-oriented, organized problem-solver who enjoys taking on new challenges.
- Knowledge or awareness of course design and development processes, specifically within an online environment, preferred.
- Working knowledge of multiple web design technologies, such as HTML.
In return we can offer you the opportunity to work in a highly motivated project team on a beautiful campus environment with free parking.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
For more information, please refer to the position description on the Lincoln University careers page or contact Patrice Wilkin, Recruitment Business Partner, on 03 423 0312.
Applications close on Monday 21 September 2020 at 9am.
41314 Bioinformatician Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, about 23 hours ago
Lincoln, Te Puke, Nelson Research Centre Vacancy 41314 About us Plant & Food Research (PFR) is a vibrant organisation conducting research that adds value to New Zealand's horticulture and seafood ...
40888 Senior Field Technician Cereal Breeding And Services Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, about 24 hours ago
Lincoln Research Centre Vacancy 40888 About us PFR is a vibrant organisation conducting research that adds value to New Zealand's arable, horticulture and seafood industries. Our approximately 1,0...
Grounds/Handy Person Manaaki Whenua, Manaaki Whenua, New Zealand, about 23 hours ago
We are looking for an enthusiastic multitasker who is experienced in the maintenance and upkeep of grounds, gardens, and buildings. About the opportunity The purpose of this role is to assist with...
41465 B3 Programme Communications Support Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, about 23 hours ago
Better Border Biosecurity (B3) Programme 0.5 FTE - 3 year Fixed Term Vacancy 41465 | Lincoln, Christchurch or Mount Albert, Auckland Better Border Biosecurity (B3) is a multi-partner, co-operative...
Management Research Analyst, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
65133BR Campus: Tempe Mgmt Research Analyst Job Description Arizona State University is in preparation for re-accreditation designated by the Higher Learning Commission. Affiliated activities will...
Counsellor, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 23 hours ago
At Unitec, we're passionate about the power of education to positively change the lives of our learners, their whanau and wider communities. We make sure our learners are will equipped for the fut...