As the longest-running agriculturally-based university in the Southern Hemisphere, Lincoln University’s story begins with farming, but it certainly doesn’t end there. As New Zealand’s economy diversified, so have we. Lincoln University is here to enhance and enrich lives. To grow the knowledge of our students so they can shape a world that benefits from a greater understanding of the relationship between our land, the food produced from it and the ecosystems within it. With three academic faculties, one teaching division, several research centres and a range of corporate service units, the University draws its students from throughout New Zealand and from over 60 countries. Lincoln University has a student roll of around 3,000 and approximately 700 staff.
Lincoln is a progressive university with ambitious strategic goals and a commitment to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of its community. We are about to embark on a large, complex project, focused on a blended learning and online learning initiative and we are looking for an experienced LMS Support Administrator to join the project team. In this role, you will work to ensure our LMS (Moodle) is supported and operational, in conjunction with our ITS business partners. You will supporting team members and other staff on the appropriate setups and structures for an engaging and functional online learning environments, manage our learning technology ecosytem, and assist other staff to identify, select and implement appropriate tools and technologies into their online activities. You will strive under pressure, keep a positive demeanour, and are 100% committed to ensure our online learning technology ecosystem is sustainable, accessible, and available to ensure the best outcomes for our students.
This is a fixed term position running through till June 2021.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in adult learning and/or technical IT system management and/or appropriate experience in the setup of online learning environments, e-learning, and/or other distance education activities.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in maintaining technical software systems against best practice Learning and Development methodology and/or adult learning principles. Experience in LMS administration (Moodle) or similar system highly preferred.
- Experience working in an education environment implementing appropriate technologies and pedagogies. Previous experience working in online learning within higher education preferred.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with technical staff, software support staff, and vendors.
- Ability to communicate and develop appropriate resource, support and/or training materials in a range of appropriate media. Sound understanding of learning needs analysis preferred.
- Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within teams including in challenging environments and under high pressure timelines.
- Demonstrated effective project work and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks/projects to achieve project outcomes successfully and on time.
- A detail-oriented, organized problem-solver who enjoys taking on new challenges.
- Knowledge or awareness of course design and development processes, specifically within an online environment, preferred.
- Working knowledge of multiple web design technologies, such as HTML.
In return we can offer you the opportunity to work in a highly motivated project team on a beautiful campus environment with free parking.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
For more information, please refer to the position description on the Lincoln University careers page or contact Patrice Wilkin, Recruitment Business Partner, on 03 423 0312.
Applications close on Monday 21 September 2020 at 9am.
Marketing And Event Coordinator, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 10 days ago
Are you passionate about marketing? Do you have a creative approach and outgoing personality? Are you the professional who looks at the world with fresh eyes and an open mind, having the will and ...
Program Coordinator For Continuing Professional Learning, University of Alberta, Canada, about 20 hours ago
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who w...
Lms Tier 2 Support, Arizona State University, United States, about 9 hours ago
63675BR Campus: Tempe Instructionl Tech Analyst (IT) Job Description ASU is one of the largest state universities in the United States and has been recognized for the last 6 years in a row by US N...
37125 Business Development Manager Usa Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, about 24 hours ago
NZ, Relocating to USA after 1 year I Vacancy 37125 A bit about us At Plant & Food Research we conduct research that adds value to fruit, vegetable, crop and food products. With our partners, we us...
Senior Kairangahau Māori Manaaki Whenua, Manaaki Whenua, New Zealand, 3 days ago
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic senior researcher to engage with Māori to undertake research, consultancy and research support with post-settlement iwi groups working to find in...
Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure Track) In Packaging Technology, LUT University, Finland, 26 days ago
LUT School of Energy Systems is looking for a professor in packaging technology. The position is situated at the assistant/associate levels of the tenure track system and it will be filled for a ...