- Kaiarataki (Māori lead)
- Full-time (1.0 FTE) permanent position
- Based at Akoranga (North shore) Campus.
Te Ara Hauora ā Pūtaiao (The Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences) is seeking a dynamic Kaiarataki (Māori lead) to support learning and teaching approaches, and research goals of the faculty by providing Te Whare Tūhono with academic and other support.
The Kaiarataki will contribute to the oversight and delivery of Te Whare Tūhono featuring a variety of student-centred, interactive teaching/learning strategies that encourage tauira Māori to take responsibility for their own learning and to develop their capabilities and skills. You will maintain positive working relationships with all faculty Schools and advocate for Māori learning and teaching approaches. Where appropriate, the Kaiarataki will engage with research related to Māori advancement and contribute to relevant research by assisting and collaborating with academic staff on the planning, development and undertaking of research.
- Provide administrative support and day-to-day management of Te Whare Tūhono
- Recruitment, induction, and training of hourly-paid Māori staff
- Prepare monthly reports including data such as; Comparative progress and paper performance of tauira Māori, levels of engagement with tauira and staff as applicable, tauira Māori feedback
- Ensure student records are accurate and maintained
- Attend committees/board meetings, including the School of Clinical Sciences Mātauranga Māori Committee as required
- Work collaboratively with Te Tari Takawaenga to provide a holistic wrap-around level of support for tauira Māori
- Disseminating and communicating information to staff across the faculty
- Arrange tauira Māori referrals to AUT services
- Oversee the maintenance and usage of the Whānau room.
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- A relevant undergraduate degree
- Te Ao Māori lived experience
- Working knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Experience in support provision for Māori
- Sound theoretical knowledge of learning and teaching in universities alongside knowledge of academic literacies and approaches to the support of first-year tauira Māori
- Understanding and experience of healthcare practice and interdisciplinary learning
- Proven relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen to tauira needs and clearly communicate advice with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Strong reporting, data analysis and computer literacy skills (including intermediate level of skill in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong sense of initiative and work ethic
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- Meticulous and thorough nature
- Loyalty, integrity, and a high level of confidentiality.
For more information, please check our Position Description attached.
Applications and Key Selection Criteria
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter, addressing the key accountabilities and person specifications detailed in the attached position description.
AUT is a fantastic place to work and has excellent staff benefits , including free study, a personal fund for your continued professional development, free membership to AUT gyms and generous leave allowances.
Salary Range: $78,000 - $92,000 (appointment level and salary commensurate with skills and experience)
Closing Date: 14 June 2023, at 11:55pm
*Full-time denotes 37.5 hours per week
Pūkenga Matua/Ahorangi Tūhono (Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor) – Māori (Medicine), University of Otago, New Zealand, 13 days ago
Pūkenga Matua/Ahorangi Tūhono (Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor) – Māori (Medicine)-2300695 TE TARI WHAIORA / DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINE About our team/Mō te tīma The Department of Medicine is a ma...
Professional Practice Fellow Physiotherapy Clinical Educator (Christchurch), University of Otago, New Zealand, about 3 hours ago
Professional Practice Fellow - Physiotherapy Clinical Educator (Christchurch)-2301548 SCHOOL OF PHYSIOTHERAPY / TE KURA KŌMIRI PAI Who we are / Ko wai mātou The School of Physiotherapy strives to ...
Kaiakiaki Maori Engagement Adviser, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 20 hours ago
« Back to Jobs Kaiakiaki Maori Engagement Adviser Location: Pipitea Type: Permanent Post Date: Tue Sep 26 02:32:49 2023 Ref: 224 Do you have sound knowledge of tikanga Māori? Have you got experien...
Ask Me! Agent, Manukau Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 7 hours ago
Make a difference Student-facing customer service Permanent, Full-time role, 7am to 3pm shift, Otara Campus Location Are you a capable, enthusiastic team player who prides yourself on getting the ...
Ask Me! Agent, Manukau Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 8 hours ago
Make a difference Student-facing customer service Permanent, Full-time role, Manukau Campus Location Are you a capable, enthusiastic team player who prides yourself on getting the job done? Do you...
Senior Lecturer Nursing (Clinical Placement Supervisor), Manukau Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 7 hours ago
0.4 FTE role Part Time, Fixed Term role till Dec 2023 South Auckland E pā ana ki Te Whare Takiura o Manukau - Ngaahi me'a fekau'aki mo e Ako'anga Fakatekinikale 'o Manukau- About MIT We are passio...