- Champion a healthy and safe place for our 2,500 staff and 29,000 students to work and study in
- Work with a wide range of disciplines you won't find in other roles and be exposed to experience you won't get anywhere else
- Full time permanent position based in Auckland CBD
We are a university of technology with diverse workplaces including astronomy, art and design, marine research, high performance sports, science labs, engineering, hospitality and much more. We are multisite with safety sensitive and safety critical environments. This is your opportunity to work in an innovative workplace that is unique, challenging and fascinating.
Our Health, Safety and Wellbeing Directorate is designed to educate and influence to raise capability. We are looking for a Health, Safety & Wellbeing Training Specialist to join our team and design, develop and deliver Health and Safety training to our staff.
Your expertise in training and knowledge of health, safety and wellbeing will be essential to you:
- Developing and delivering a compelling range of Health and Safety training programmes
- Auditing and sourcing training solutions to ensure they are technically relevant and provide value for money
- Delivering simple, effective and proportionate training that meets the needs of a university at the forefront of its disciplines
- Utilising the expertise of staff within the university to support the delivery and development of Health and Safety training
- Promoting and developing a mature Health and Safety culture throughout the university
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline along with a specialist Health and Safety qualification
- Experience working in operational Health and Safety with a balanced knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- At least 5 years' experience in a training role
- A good understanding of learning theory and ideally a qualification in Adult education and training
- The ability to self-manage with competing priorities and ensure results are delivered
- Experience of developing mixed methods of training eg, train the trainer, simulation, web based, technical manuals
You will come from a large organisation and have a track record of developing and presenting training, including training of a technical nature, to all staff from the front line to senior leaders.
This is an exciting role working across our diverse university to foster culture change and develop capability and leadership. You will have the opportunity to interact with some world leading minds, vibrant campuses and colleagues who are as passionate about Health, Safety and Wellbeing as you are.
AUT is a rewarding place to work and offers a range of benefits including free study opportunities and personal funds for your continued professional development.
Please contact Alycia Hurley, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 09 921 9207 for a confidential chat.
Closing Date: 8 August 2017
Health And Safety Manager Niwa, NIWA, New Zealand, about 2 hours ago
The National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research Ltd (NIWA) is New Zealand's leading environmental science and applied research services provider, specialising in atmospheric, freshwater a...
National Manager Health, Safety & Environment Ag Research, AgResearch, New Zealand, 18 days ago
The Role As the National Manager - Health, Safety & Environment (NMHSE) you will drive a strong health and safety culture within AgResearch, providing leadership through professional and consisten...
Zespri Health & Safety Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, about 17 hours ago
Closing date: 15/04/2018 Zespri Health & Safety Scholarship 2018 for the Bachelor of Health Science (Occupational Safety and Health) Are you passionate about the health and safety of New Zealander...
Health And Safety Manager Scion, Scion, New Zealand, 5 days ago
Fantastic opportunity for a passionate Health and Safety professional Working with the People and Performance team Full time permanent role in Scion's Rotorua office As a Crown Research Institute,...
Safety Advisor, Cornell University, Qatar, about 11 hours ago
Title: Safety Advisor Location: Upper East Side Org Unit: Safety Advisor Work Days: Monday-Friday Exemption Status: Exempt Pay Grade: 06 Position Summary Works with a group of client departments t...
Academic Support Pba (Academic Support Specialist/Animal Science Tech), University of Hawai`i at Hilo, United States, about 13 hours ago
UH Hilo Home > Faculty & Staff > Human Resources > Position Vacancies Appointment to begin approximately May 2018, pending position clearance and availability of funding. Duties Assists Animal ...