- Champion a healthy and safe place for our 2,500 staff and 29,000 students to work and study in
- Work with a wide range of disciplines you won't find in other roles and be exposed to experience you won't get anywhere else
- Full time permanent position based in Auckland CBD
We are a university of technology with diverse workplaces including astronomy, art and design, marine research, high performance sports, science labs, engineering, hospitality and much more. We are multisite with safety sensitive and safety critical environments. This is your opportunity to work in an innovative workplace that is unique, challenging and fascinating.
Our Health, Safety and Wellbeing Directorate is designed to educate and influence to raise capability. We are looking for a Health, Safety & Wellbeing Training Specialist to join our team and design, develop and deliver Health and Safety training to our staff.
Your expertise in training and knowledge of health, safety and wellbeing will be essential to you:
- Developing and delivering a compelling range of Health and Safety training programmes
- Auditing and sourcing training solutions to ensure they are technically relevant and provide value for money
- Delivering simple, effective and proportionate training that meets the needs of a university at the forefront of its disciplines
- Utilising the expertise of staff within the university to support the delivery and development of Health and Safety training
- Promoting and developing a mature Health and Safety culture throughout the university
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline along with a specialist Health and Safety qualification
- Experience working in operational Health and Safety with a balanced knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- At least 5 years' experience in a training role
- A good understanding of learning theory and ideally a qualification in Adult education and training
- The ability to self-manage with competing priorities and ensure results are delivered
- Experience of developing mixed methods of training eg, train the trainer, simulation, web based, technical manuals
You will come from a large organisation and have a track record of developing and presenting training, including training of a technical nature, to all staff from the front line to senior leaders.
This is an exciting role working across our diverse university to foster culture change and develop capability and leadership. You will have the opportunity to interact with some world leading minds, vibrant campuses and colleagues who are as passionate about Health, Safety and Wellbeing as you are.
AUT is a rewarding place to work and offers a range of benefits including free study opportunities and personal funds for your continued professional development.
Please contact Alycia Hurley, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 09 921 9207 for a confidential chat.
Closing Date: 8 August 2017
Lead Research Technician And Safety Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, 19 days ago
ENG Civil Engineering Competition No. - S104133749 Posting Date - Aug 28, 2017 Closing Date - Sep 05, 2017 Position Type - Full Time - Grant Funded Salary Range - $62,877 to $8...
Centrifuge Facility Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, 20 days ago
This position has a term length of one year and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca . The Centrifuge Facility Manager is responsible for the day to ...
Senior Executive, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 15 hours ago
Location:SIT@Dover Division:Safety and Health Employment type:Full-time Job type:Contract (T) The Senior executive/Executive supports the administrative functions of Safety & Health Division inclu...
Industrial Hygienist/Safety Manager Cardinal Tg, University of Washington, United States, about 21 hours ago
Description: Essential Functions: Provide the guidance, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of the Health, Safety, and Environmental Protection programs that assure the safety of Cardin...
Occupational Safety/Health Inspector Iv, Texas A&M University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Occupational Safety and Health Inspector IV Posting Title Occupational Safety/Health Inspector IV System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNI...
Nutrition Associate, University of Missouri, United States, 23 days ago
NUTRITION ASSOCIATE-17002898 Job : Facilities Operations/Technical Primary Location : Columbia Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Unposting Date : Ongoing Description Hours: 7am – 3:30pm with e...