Would you like to use your knowledge and capability to help develop science, technology, engineering and mathematics skills in our workforce?
Are you able to work collaboratively on team-based projects to a deadline?
If you have the ability to clearly explain mathematical skills and concepts, verbally and in writing, to people without your depth of experience, then we have an offer for you.
The Open Polytechnic is currently revising its Engineering Mathematics course. This level 4 vocational course covers a number of generic concepts and will be used in both the Mechanical Engineering Diploma and the Certificate in Career and Study.
We currently are seeking to contract a subject matter expert for a period of 80 hours between June and August 2017. You will be working with an educational designer to:
- Develop appropriate case studies
- Design internal assessments and an examination for those students who need to meet IPENZ requirements
- Create material that covers engineering fundamentals and basic sciences, including computing and mathematics. A copy of the course descriptor is available on request.
Specifically responsibilities include:
- Reviewing existing course material and identifying what content needs to be modified, added or deleted in order to ensure it meets the requirements of the updated course descriptor
- Participate in a planning session and project meetings as required
- Provide current, technically accurate and relevant unrefined content and subject matter expertise to the Educational Designer
We offer great remuneration, flexible working conditions / work from home, and the opportunity to help develop the next generation of practitioners in your field.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to EDSolutions.EOI@openpolytechnic.ac.nz
For questions about the specifics of this task and what it should address, please contact Matthias.Sauberlich@openpolytechnic.ac.nz or 04 9135077 or 0508 650200 ext:5077.
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer In Chemical Engineering: Electrochemical Engineering, The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
1. Job Details Job Title: Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Chemical Engineering: Electrochemical Engineering School: School of Engineering Line manager: Director of Discipline, Chemic...
Reader/Senior Lecturer In Mechanical Design, University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
Permanent, 37 hours per week We are looking for a creative professional with a strong track record in Mechanical Design to join the team in the Mechanical and Automotive Engineering Subject area w...
Tenured & Tenure Track Position In Sustainable And Healthy Communities, University of Alberta, Canada, about 5 hours ago
The Nasseri School of Building Science and Engineering was established in 2014 within the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering to build a world class educational and research program ...
Principal Or Senior Teaching Fellow (30256 077) , University of Warwick, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Vacancy Type/Job category Teaching Only Department School of Engineering Salary £39,324-£46,925 or £48,327-£59,400 per annum Location The University of Warwick - Coventry Vacancy Overview Permanen...
Lecturer In Information Technology, La Trobe University, Australia, 7 days ago
Apply now Job no:552693 Work type:Continuing Location:Melbourne (Bundoora) Categories:Academic Conductive innovative and high impact research and contribute to a robust culture of excellence Full ...
Senior Teaching Fellow (73244 087) , University of Warwick, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Vacancy Type/Job category Teaching Only Department WMG Salary £39,992-£47,722 per annum Location The University of Warwick - Coventry Vacancy Overview Permanent Position Are you an expert in autom...