« Back to Jobs
Communications and Marketing Coordinator, International
- Tue Sep 5 01:07:36 2023
- Do you have an interest in a fixed-term role, where you can inspire students to consider the University as their study destination?
- Have you previously worked in a professional marketing or communications role, coordinating social media channels?
- Are you experienced in positively reinforcing a company’s brand standards?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka–Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting Communications and Marketing Coordinator, International to support the Senior Marketing Adviser, International and wider marketing team in promoting the attractions of the University to prospective international students and support the international recruitment pipeline. The work includes positively reinforcing the University’s brand and study options, as well as Wellington as a student destination.
- Support the development of marketing-communications content for digital channels, campaigns and publications.
- Coordinate international communications content and messaging for international audiences for key channels.
- Support the team with key digital channels.
- Support the Senior Marketing Adviser, International and wider marketing group during peak workflows.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
Your challenge—to inspire international students to consider Wellington and the University as their study destination, and to keep diverse international audiences well-informed about the University, it’s benefits, student stories and academic successes.
You will thrive in this role with an excellent manner with people, an ability to influence, juggle multiple priorities, and generate excellent content.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing or communications and/or appropriate work experience.
- Proven experience in a professional marketing or communications role.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and deliver high-quality written work in Plain English.
- Flexibility and strong understanding of audience – the ability to create and adapt content for communications and marketing purposes, and for diverse audiences.
- Previous experience in coordinating social media channels.
- Web content and editing skills.
- Proofreading skills and an eye for detail.
- Experience in copywriting for multiple channels, including print publications.
- Demonstrated experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships.
- A proactive and positive approach and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in managing projects, meeting deadlines, and identifying issues.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Working within a creative, data informed and collaborative team, you’ll be able to harness your passion for communication-marketing and have the opportunity to work across a range of digital channels and campaigns. Your work will make a difference to the global outlook and prospects of students worldwide and will build your skills in communicating to a diverse and engaged international audience.
Close Date for Vacancy: 19 September 2023
Unfortunately, applications from those without the right to work in New Zealand cannot be considered.
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Lucinda Kent, Senior Marketing Adviser, International (firstname.lastname@example.org ). But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form .
Then, please combine your cover letter, CV and the University Application Form into a single file (preferably in pdf format).
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert. Follow the process to enter your contact details and attach your combined file (CV, cover letter and the University application form) using the “CV/Resume” button.
If you have any issues uploading your application, please email the completed application form, cover letter and CV to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.
Lecturer, School Of Geography, Environment And Earth Sciences, VICTORIA UNIVERSITY, New Zealand, 17 days ago
20 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company VICTORIA UNIVERSITY Research Field Geography Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country New Zealand Applicat...
Administrator Client Services (Wellington), University of Otago, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Administrator Client Services (Wellington)-2301346 CLIENT SERVICES UNIVERSITY OF OTAGO, WELLINGTON Who we are/Mō te tīma At the University of Otago Wellington campus, we teach medicine, radiation ...
Manager, Student Learning Support, Massey University, New Zealand, 13 days ago
Student Achievement Students and Global Engagement Auckland / Wellington / Palmerston North SGE_SA_888_09/23 Professional Grade 8 91466-122850 Students and Global Engagement Term length: ongoing H...
Administrator Client Services, University of Otago, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Administrator Client Services-2301924 CLIENT SERVICES WELLINGTON Who we are/Mō te tīma At the University of Otago Wellington campus, we teach medicine, radiation therapy, physiotherapy, postgradua...
Professional Practice Fellow/Senior Professional Practice Fellow Experiential Practice (Wellington), University of Otago, New Zealand, about 12 hours ago
Professional Practice Fellow/Senior Professional Practice Fellow - Experiential Practice (Wellington)-2301962 SCHOOL OF PHARMACY DIVISION OF HEALTH SCIENCES Who we are/Ko wai mātou The University ...
Senior Digital Marketing Specialist, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 17 days ago
Te Rōpū Pāpori | Engagement Located in Ōtautahi | Christchurch, Aotearoa | New Zealand Full-time 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE) Parental leave cover, fixed term until 8 November 2024 Kia hiwa rā, k...