- Campus Services - MW
- University Services
- Palmerston North
Professional Grade 3 46637 - 61820
Term length: ongoing
Hours of work: full-time
The Campus Services Team, Massey University Manawatū are recruiting for a CampusCare Assistant – Custodian / Funiture Movement within their small, committed team.
Our CampusCare Assistants support the delivery of a range of functions, including but not limited to: security, furniture relocation, cleaning, waste disposal, recycling, mail sorting and delivery, logistic support, pest control, emergency management, and event support. This work is essential to help deliver positive campus experiences for our students, staff, and visitors on the Palmerston North campus.
We are looking for someone who has experience in facilities and/or furniture movement.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience moving furniture and heavy objects is essential.
- 1 - 2 years of experience within the facilities management sector in a hospital or educational setting is desirable
- Demonstrable experience working with customers is essential.
- Current full driver’s license is essential.
No two days are the same in the CampusCare Team; you will not be bored or expected to do the same thing every day. This is a busy role, so a can-do attitude, willingness to learn new skills, and the ability to work as part of a team is essential, as is the ability to communicate effectively on many different levels with a wide range of people.
Why Te Kūnenga ki Pūrehuroa| Massey University?
In addition to a competitive salary, Massey also offers a range of staff benefits that include:
- Flamingo Scooter Hire. Eligible staff pay no unlocking fee, pay a discounted rate 25 minutes of free riding credit each week.
- Five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
- The bus service within Palmerston North City is free to all staff and students.
- Orbit Massey gives you access to exclusive staff benefits for all your leisure travel. This includes All of Government discounts on flights, car rentals, accommodation, and travel insurance
- Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family
- Discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities
- Staff purchasing privileges and discounts at many commercial and retail businesses across NZ
- Access to a wonderful on-Campus crèche /day care facilities for dependents of staff on our Manawatū and Auckland campuses
- Comprehensive professional development and training programmes
Please apply online. We do reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date if ideal candidates are identified.
To view/download the job description, please click on the file below
Job Description - CampusCare Assistant Opens in new window
Facilities Coordinator, Lincoln University, New Zealand, 8 days ago
Sign in Search jobs Search Show all jobs Keyword or Job Code Locations Any Work type Any Expertise Any show advanced Search firstname.lastname@example.org Print Email this job to a friend Apply Facilities ...
Surplus Specialist, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 4 hours ago
Surplus Specialist Surplus Property-Warehouse - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23007301) Assists internal and external stakeholders with inquiries and resolves issues. Loads, unloads, and locates stor...
Interior Designer Ii Campus Services, Emory University, United States, 8 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Administrative Coordinator, Harvard University, United States, about 10 hours ago
21-Sep-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 63733BR Job Summary The Department of Economics is seeking a customer-service orientated, collaborative and organized Administrative Coordinator to support...
Housekeeper, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Level 1, part-time appointment (0.85 FTE/ 31 hours pw) on an fixed term basis to December 2022 Salary range (total package): $54,660 – $56,854 p.a. (pro rata) + 17% Super The University of Western...
Custodian A, Harvard University, United States, 2 days ago
19-Sep-2023 Campus Services 63707BR Job Summary Facilities Maintenance Operations (FMO) offers building &landscape maintenance, and custodial services to Harvard faculties and departments on a fee...