Assistant Research Fellow - Women's and Children's Health-1901156
DEPARTMENT OF WOMEN’S AND CHILDREN’S HEALTH
DUNEDIN SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Who we are
Women’s and Children’s Health is a mid-size teaching and research department with 80 administration, teaching and research staff. The department comprises two sections:
• Obstetrics and Gynaecology; and
The NZ Child and Youth Epidemiology Service (NZCYES) and the NZ Mortality Review Data Group (NZMRDG) are semi-autonomous, externally funded research groups within the section of Paediatrics.
As an Assistant Research Fellow within our department your main objective will be to collaborate with the NZCYES and the NZMRDG team members (0.5 FTE for each) to ensure timely delivery of high quality reports in order to meet contractual obligations.
Responsibilities will include:
• Undertaking data analysis and presenting data in a variety of formats (e.g. tables, graphs) for inclusion in child and youth mortality and health status reports.
• Regularly reviewing relevant data management processes, with a view to continuous quality improvement.
• Assessing data quality, level of completeness, and relevance of externally supplied data and providing feedback to data suppliers when appropriate.
• Contributing to the writing of reports including appropriate interpretation of mortality and health data about children and young people in New Zealand.
• Undertaking literature reviews as required, working either independently or collaboratively, to prepare reviews of evidence for good practice or current state of knowledge in relation to child and youth health issues.
Your skills and experience
• Postgraduate degree in Health Science or a related field – a research degree is preferable.
• Ability to undertake statistical analyses using standard statistical software programmes (e.g. SAS, Stata, or R; training and support available).
• Sound knowledge of statistical techniques, including the ability to extract, manipulate and analyse statistical data, to suggest patterns and test for trends based on analyses.
• A passion for accuracy and high standards of presentation.
• Understanding of the principles of evidence-informed medicine and its relevance to population health.
• Knowledge, or a willingness to acquire knowledge, and understanding of the New Zealand health and social system and government processes, particularly in the area of health and wellbeing among children and young people (in the widest sense).
• Understanding or a willingness to learn of inequities in health for various population groups, including Māori and Pacific children and young people, and those with chronic conditions and disabilities.
• Clinical experience in child health can be advantageous.
This is a full-time, fixed term position for 12 months.
To submit your application (including CV and cover letter) please click the apply button below. Applications quoting reference number 1901156 will close on Wednesday, 12 June 2019.
Position details: Information Statement
Guidelines for Academic Positions: Guidelines
Further Information: Department Website
Create an email with a link to this vacancy: Create email
Location: About Dunedin
DEPARTMENT OF WOMEN’S AND CHILDREN’S HEALTH
Fixed Term Full-time
Salary Level and Range
Assistant Research Fellow ($48,821 to $68,515)
Women's and Children's Health
Research Associate Ii Health Systems Science (Job Id #116831), University of Illinois, United States, 8 days ago
Through collaboration between the University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Nursing and the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Service (DC...
Child Development Supervisor Uic Children's Center (Job Id #114806), University of Illinois, United States, 22 days ago
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Possession of credentials required by Illinois Department of Children and Family Services for employment as a Child Care Worker in a licensed child care facility The Ill...
Classroom Assistant, Early Chilhood Learning Center, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
OPPORTUNITY: The Classroom Assistant under the supervision of the ECLC Head Teacher, is responsible for extending support in daily classroom activities and for directly participating with the chil...
Classroom Assistant, Early Childhood Learning Center, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
The Opportunity: The College of Education seeks an incumbent for the position of Classroom Assistant to be responsible for extending support in daily classroom activities and for directly particip...
Infn Call For Funding Six Postdoctoral Research Projects (Bc 21188) (# Of Pos: 6), Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, Italy, 28 days ago
Participation in the call is open to Italian, EU or non-EU young researchers, in the capacity of proposers and project managers, who are in a non-permanent position and who have a PhD or equivalen...
Assistant/Associate/Professor Pediatrics (Child Abuse Pediatrics) (Job Id #118308), University of Illinois, United States, about 23 hours ago
The Department of Pediatrics of the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP) seeks Child Abuse Pediatrics candidates for multiple positions. Consideration will be given to can...