Assistant Research Fellow / Research Fellow - Public Health (Wellington)-1901101
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
UNIVERSITY OF OTAGO, WELLINGTON
The research groups within the Department of Public Health at our Wellington campus carry out a range of research on critical public health issues. These include cancer and screening, healthy eating, health services research and prioritisation, housing, sustainability and the environment, inequalities, infectious diseases, Māori health and tobacco.
We are looking for an Assistant Research Fellow/Research Fellow to provide statistical support and analysis for the ITC New Zealand (ITC-NZL) and Te Ara Auahi Kore (TAKe) projects. You will be appointed to the position of Assistant Research Fellow or Research Fellow dependent on academic achievement, skills and experience.
In this role you will work closely with the Lead Statistician and Principal Investigators to:
• Assist with project management which includes overseeing data management, planning and conducting statistical analyses.
• Coordinate and liaise with external data holders, in particular with Māori health organisations.
• Contribute to the preparation of research outputs such as papers, conference contributions, data briefings and summaries as well as other dissemination of the ITC-NZL and TAKe project findings.
• Contribute statistical support to the preparation of future grant proposals.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role you must be well organised, meticulous and have some data management experience. The preferred candidate is also expected to have:
• A post graduate qualification in statistics, epidemiology or related field.
• Experience and knowledge in statistics and epidemiology.
• Experience in managing/cleaning large datasets especially survey data.
• Experience and competency with statistical analysis package(s) (R preferred; or Stata/SAS).
• Experience with common statistical methods and concepts (e.g. confidence intervals, logistic regression).
• Good time management skills.
This is a fixed term position for one year. Ideally, this position will be full-time but part-time hours can be negotiated with the successful candidate.
To submit your application (including CV and cover letter) please click the apply button below. Applications quoting reference number 1901101 will close on Wednesday, 5 June 2019.
Position details: Information Statement
Guidelines for Academic Positions: Guidelines
Further Information: Department Website
Create an email with a link to this vacancy: Create email
Location: About Wellington
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Fixed Term Full-time
Salary Level and Range
Assistant Research Fellow ($48,821 to $68,515) or Research Fellow ($80,406 to $96,167)
Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 23 hours ago
Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow - 00AQF Description Postdoctoral Fellows and Research Fellows needed to establish the NUS lab of Prof. Gregory S. Chirikjian. Multiple positions available to d...
Research Fellow – Stretchable 2 D Material Robotic Skin, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 22 hours ago
Research Fellow – Stretchable 2D-Material Robotic Skin - 00ALF Description The research fellow/postdoctoral fellow will focus on addressing the fundamental challenges of strain engineering in 2D m...
Program Manager/Research Fellow, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Program Manager/Research Fellow NUS is looking for Program Manager/Research Fellow for our Centre that provides support and resources for victims of sexual harassment. The role involves conducting...
Senior Research Fellow – Nicola Study, Queens University Belfast, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Queen’s University Belfast Senior Research Fellow – NICOLA Study Ref: 19/107489 School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences Centre for Public Health Queen’s University Belfast is one of th...
Andrew W. Mellon Conservation Fellow, University of Toronto, Canada, about 1 hour ago
Andrew W. Mellon Conservation Fellow The University of Miami Libraries (UML) and Lowe Art Museum offer a post-graduate fellowship in paper conservation for a 2-year term available as of June 1, 20...
Research Assistant Or Research Fellow, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 22 hours ago
Research Assistant or Research Fellow - 00AO4 Description A position is available for either a Research Assistant or Research Fellow (Post-doctoral Fellow) in the laboratory of Dr. Soh Siow Ling, ...