- Finance and Technology
- Finance and Technology
- Palmerston North
Professional Grade 7 72494 - 101872
Finance and Technology
Term length: ongoing
Hours of work: full-time
Due to Covid-19 and the worldwide pandemic, we are currently only accepting applications from New Zealand Citizens, New Zealand Residents who are either residing in New Zealand or overseas OR applicants who hold a valid work visa and are currently living in New Zealand.
The Capital Planning Team forms part of the wider Finance Team of the University. We’re responsible for compiling the Ten-Year Capital Plan (TYCP) and managing the University wide capital planning, budgeting and forecasting.
Due to an internal promotion we are looking for a new Capital Advisor to:
• Provide support to the Senior Capital Planner/ Accountant, finance team, and internal clients.
• Assist with coordinating capital financial procedures and financial authority processes.
• Assist with Capital Asset Management (CAM) processes.
• Undertake capital reporting and assist with compiling of the Ten-Year Capital Plan.
• Document, maintain and analyse asset and capital financial information.
• 2-3 years of experience in finance and asset management, preferably in a large organisation.
• A relevant Finance tertiary qualification (ideally)
• Good Analytical and Technical Skills; able to work with a variety of information sources including asset, spatial and financial data.
• Intermediate skills with excel spread sheets to analyse and present information, including, understanding formula, lookups, and charts.
• An understanding of the principles of capitalisation, depreciation, and alignment with an asset’s useful life.
• A desire and willingness to gain an understanding of the relevant laws and regulations applicable to financial practice in New Zealand.
• The ability to gather accurate and relevant information through independent research, using all available resources.
• Strong communicate skills; able to explain or present information, in a clear, accurate and understandable manner.
Great opportunity to join a large organisation with a wonderful working environment. Opportunity to grow and develop your skills with scope to progress within the organisation.
In addition to a salary, Massey also offers:
• Up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme
• Five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
• Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family
• Discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities
• Access to a wonderful on-Campus crèche /day care facilities for dependents of staff
• Comprehensive professional development and training programme
• University staff study provisions
We embrace diversity, talent and performance, and provide staff and students with an extensive range of opportunities to develop intellectually, professionally and personally.
Please feel free to contact Barry Harlen, Senior Capital Planner/ Accountant with any enquiries about this position; 06 9519 465 B.Harlen@massey.ac.nz
Applications close Thursday 18 February 2021, 11.30 pm. All applications must please be submitted online.
Interviews will commence the week beginning 22 February 2021.
To view/download the job description, please click on the file below
Capital Advisor - JD Opens in new window
Managing Capital Investments To Bring Innovation And Quality In Healthcare. Level And Variability..., Università degli Studi di Catania, Italy, 12 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Full Professor In Corporate Finance (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
The chair will contribute to high-quality research and education in corporate finance. This field includes topics such as capital budgeting, corporate financing policy, financial risk and risk man...
Associate Vice President, Planning & Budgets, Adler University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Description Adler University is currently seeking a Associate Vice President, Planning & Budgets. Reporting to the Vice President, Finance & Operations (VPFO), the Associate Vice President, Planni...
Senior Investment Analyst Any Location (Green Diamond Resource Company), Green Diamond Resource Company, United States, 25 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyGreen Diamond Resource CompanyLocationAny LocationJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryDOELast Date to Apply...
Full Professor In Corporate Finance (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Organisation The Department of Economics, Econometrics and Finance is the largest Department of the Faculty of Economics and Business with almost 130 staff members and over 50 PhD students. The De...
Institute Manager, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 22 days ago
« Back to Jobs Institute Manager Location: Gracefield Type: Temporary Post Date: Mon Mar 22 01:01:22 2021 Ref: 1025 Gracefield location, Ferrier Institute, nine-month fixed term vacancy. Are you a...