Tēnā koe. Nau mai ki te Kuratini Tuwhera.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
ACADEMIC STAFF MEMBER - SOCIAL WORK
About the role:
We are looking for an Academic Staff Member to join our Social Work team on a permanent basis to support the delivery of our Bachelor of Social Work. The team is made up of experienced social work practitioners who provide expert facilitation and teaching to our students and are engaged in research that informs the programme.
The ideal candidate will preferably have;
- A demonstrated commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi, confident in the use of te reo Māori me ōna tikanga, and competent in facilitating in Māori spaces of engagement
- Skills and experience in social work practice
- A relevant degree at Masters level or higher in social work or a social work Bachelor degree with demonstrable, relevant and suitable professional experience, in consideration of Section 100 and 101 of the Social Workers Registration Act.
- A current Practicing Certificate issued by the Social Workers Registration Board
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong social work professional and community networks
- Experience working collectively as part of a team
- Practice teaching and/or training experience, particularly in field education
- Education or teaching qualification, preferably in open distant flexible learning (ODFL)
- The ability to work flexibly and be responsive to change
You will be responsible for:
- Teaching courses in the Open Distance Flexible Learning (ODFL) modality utilising interactive technology and best practice professional standards for online distance learning
- Facilitating noho marae and other hui, ensuring kawa whakaruruhau is active
- Providing feedback on course materials and assessments as required
- Using innovative technology and appropriate interactive teaching strategies to facilitate student learning
- Providing students with targeted and specific support that develops their knowledge and understanding of subject matter
- Working collaboratively within a team environment, that includes our contracted marking workforce, student mentors and other teaching staff
- Providing feedback to Programme Delivery Managers on course and programme delivery matters
Ngā pūkenga mo te tūnga | What you will bring to the role
You will have a passion for impacting the lives of everyday people and seeing them achieve their educational goals and dreams. You will also constantly be striving to be the best you can be, just as our students do and you pride yourself on the quality of your work.
Mō mātou | About us
The Kuratini Tuwhera is Aotearoa New Zealand's leading distance and online learning provider. Open Polytechnic is a business division within Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology. Set up as part of the Government's Reform of Vocational Education , Te Pūkenga is creating a national network of online, on-campus and on-job learning.
We specialise in taking the learning to our students, focusing on enabling the success of almost 40,000 students each year. We're a place where you can make a difference.
We offer a wide range of learning disciplines from Real Estate to Social Work, Construction and Education. From our Academic Staff Members to our Student Journey Centre, we ensure our students are at the heart of everything we do, every step of the way.
Ngā hua o tō tomo mai ki a mātou - Why you should join our team
We offer our people free education (50% off for whanau) free car parking on campus, flexible working options (including some working from home), a modernised working environment, subsidised school holiday programmes for your children, free fitness classes, and an on-site café.
We are proud of our kaimahi and value every contribution from all of our people.
Tono mai | Apply now
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Applications must be submitted online via our career's website. Contact Anne Dobie, [email protected] with any questions about the role. Applications close 11pm 11 December 2023.
Noho ora mai. Tēnā koe.
Administrator Office Of The Dvc Māori, Massey University, New Zealand, 3 days ago
DVC Maori - Business Services DVC Maori Palmerston North DVCM_DVCMBS_1077_12/23 Professional Grade 4 48596 - 71027 DVC Maori Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time Position Overview Tēnā ko...
Kaihautū Academic Advisor, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Fulltime fixed term role starting asap and ending 13 December 2024 He angitūtanga: The opportunity Kei aku nui, kei aku rahi, anei he tūranga e whakakōrero ana i ngā mātāpono o Te Noho Kotahitanga...
Kaitoko (Te Pātaka) | Student Advisor Hub, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Te Tari o te Tumu Tuarua Akoranga | Deputy Vice-Chancellor's Office - Academic Continuing (permanent) position Full-time (37.5 hours per week) 2 positions available Kia hiwa rā, kia hiwa rā! Ko te...
Kaiwhakaako (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer) Nursing, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Kaiwhakaako Tangata Whenua Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Flexible working arrangements up to (0.5 FTE), fixed-term position Heuea ngā rangi tuatinitini Heuea ngā rangi pōkaikaha Kai maiangi ake te haut...
Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Or Associate Professor, Mātauranga Māori, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Te Kaupeka Ako | Faculty of Education Te Kura Whakangungu Kaiako | School of Teacher Education Located in Ōtautahi | Christchurch, Aotearoa | New Zealand Full-time 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE) Co...
Pūkenga/Pūkenga Matua | Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Hauora Māori, University of Otago, New Zealand, about 3 hours ago
Pūkenga/Pūkenga Matua | Lecturer/Senior Lecturer - Hauora Māori-2400417 SCHOOL OF PHARMACY | HE RAU KAWAKAWA DIVISION OF HEALTH SCIENCES | TE WĀHANGA MATUA MĀTAU HAUORA We are seeking an outstandi...