Plant & Food Research (PFR) is a New Zealand science company delivering research and development designed to grow competitive advantage for clients in the horticulture, wine, cropping, seafood and associated high value food sectors worldwide.
Our summer studentship programme creates a special "career experience" for high calibre candidates. Our unique programme includes a full induction training day, a career planning session identifying potential pathways, a specific project - designed for you, as well as a final farewell and awards function.
This project will contribute to developing data science deliverables for smarter selection of kiwifruit varieties with outstanding characteristics in commercial breeding by making better use of data from consumer and chemistry evaluations of fruit.
The candidate will work with researchers in data science, consumer science, and chemistry to help build statistical and machine learning models that map between measures of consumer experience at different stages and with specific flavour chemistry. They will build dynamic web resources for reporting and use modern data science tools for collaboration among stakeholders.
Criteria for the Position
- Completed or in process of completing a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in data sciences, computer sciences, statistics, mathematics, engineering or any other related field with a strong quantitative background.
- Strong skills in programming and statistical computing (preferably Python or R).
- Experience using version control (Github/Bitbucket), markdown, and other forms of digital notebooks.
- Background knowledge of biology, chemistry, consumer science, or related science disciplines is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and relationship skills to enable effective relationships with a wide range of diverse, multiple-discipline teams and to maximise the sharing of knowledge and expertise.
Instrumentation Technologist (Permanent), Teagasc, Europe, 1 day ago
Job Summary Duration: Permanent . A panel may be formed from which future similar vacancies may be filled; such a panel will remain active for a maximum period of 12 months. Basic Function The su...
Assistant, Institute Of Human Nutrition Sciences, Department Of Food Gastronomy And Food Hygiene, Warsaw University of Life Sciences - SGGW, Poland, 5 days ago
INSTITUTION: Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW, Institute of Human Nutrition Sciences, Department of Food Gastronomy and Food Hygiene, Nowoursynowska 159C str, 02-776 Warsaw CITY: Warsaw P...
Assistant Professor, Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland, 2 days ago
Chemistry › Analytical chemistry Chemistry › Instrumental analysis Chemistry › Instrumental techniques Chemistry › Organic chemistry Chemistry › Physical chemistry Chemistry › Reaction mechanisms ...
Lab. Manager Ph D Degree In Food Science With Analytical Chemistry Lab Experience, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain, 13 days ago
- Be in possession of a doctorate in Food Sciences, Life Sciences or Chemistry specialized in analytical chemistry. - Experience in: - development, validation and analysis of bioanalytical methods...
Tenure Track Assistant Professor Of Chemistry , University of Basel, Switzerland, about 11 hours ago
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Chemistry The Department of Chemistry at the Faculty of Science, University of Basel invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professorship in inorgani...
Professor, Department Of Chemistry, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Job Description (Professor) -(Academic Sector) Description Professor The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Kh...