Field(s) of specialization: Development; Growth - Economic History - Environmental; Ag. Econ. - Experimental Economics - Industrial Organization - Behavioral Economics - Other - Political Economy
Interviews: Interviews will be conducted remotely by video starting January, 2022.
The Department of Economics and Business Economics at the Nijmegen School of Management seeks to hire two assistant professors in Economics (tenure-track). As an assistant professor you will be part of the Department of Economics and Business Economics of the Nijmegen School of Management (NSM). The position includes both research and teaching tasks. You will primarily be expected to conduct high-quality research in economics and related fields with a link to the department’s guiding topic of Responsible Governance of Sustainable Economic Behaviour and to one or more sustainable development goals in particular. Expertise in the areas of organizational economics, environmental economics, development economics, and/or institutional economics would be an advantage. You will further be expected to provide high-quality courses in economics at the Bachelor’s and Master‘s levels, and to supervise Bachelor’s and Master’s theses.
- You have, or are close to completion of, a PhD degree in economics, business economics or a related field.
- You are highly motivated and have the potential to build a record of excellence in both research and teaching in economics, preferably environmental economics, organizational economics or a related field.
- An excellent record in academic teaching, as evidenced by good teaching evaluations, and a willingness to obtain the Junior University Teaching Certificate within the first four years of the contract.
- With regard to research, you should have working papers or potential revise-and-resubmits, or have published publications in leading international journals.
- Experience with the acquisition of research funds is valued as well.
Excellent English language skills in oral and written communication; Dutch language skills can be an advantage but are not required.
Radboud University has a strong track record in promoting female scholars to leadership positions, and we therefore especially welcome applications from women who fit the above profile.
Economics and Business Economics at Radboud University is Economics+. We employ and train out-of-the-box thinking economists who make use of the mainstream repertoire of economic theories and methods but are also able to integrate related theories and methods from other disciplines such as psychology, sociology and political science. As a result, Radboud economists are better able to contribute to the discussion and resolution of contemporary societal challenges. Given the breadth of the concepts of responsibility and sustainability, we focus on three inter-related topical areas to which we can make the biggest contribution: (i) The Economics of Climate Change; (ii) Inequality and Wellbeing; and (iii) Innovation, Economic Growth and Decent work. We study these three domains of sustainability along three levels of analysis: Individuals, Organizations, and Societies. We do so because achieving actionable insights and outcomes in the realm of sustainable economic behaviour, whether it is in macro-economic policy or business strategy, requires deep understanding of how people react to incentives and interventions.
- Employment for 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,807 and a maximum of €5,211 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief by which 30% of their salary is tax free.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 6 years (tenure track), leading to a tenured position, assistant professor 1, depending on academic performance.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
Further information on: Nijmegen School of Management and the Department of Economics and Business Economics .
For questions about the position, please contact Prof. Robbert Maseland, professor of economics at firstname.lastname@example.org
Practical information and applications
We will start reviewing applications from 5 December 2021, but will continue to consider applications submitted until 31 December 2021. Kindly address your application to Prof. dr. R. Maseland. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation
- Your CV, incl. list of working
- A job market paper and further research paperspapers and publications
- Teaching evaluations (optional)
- Two letters of recommendation
The first round of online interviews will take place in the week of 13 January 2022. You would preferably begin employment on 15 August 2022.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
We drafted this vacancy to find and hire our new colleague ourselves. Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from responding.
Full Professor Of International Environmental Economics, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam School of Business and Economics offers the position of Full Professor of International Environmental Economics. Location: AMSTERDAM FTE: 0.8 - 1 Job description The...
Assistant Professor In Finance (Tenure Track), Hanken School of Economics, Finland, 9 days ago
The Department of Finance and Economics at Hanken School of Economics invites applications for position as ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (tenure track) in Finance in Helsinki. Hanken School of Economics is ...
Junior Lecturer In Economics, Business Economics And/Or Finance (0.8 1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Junior Lecturer in Economics, Business Economics and/or Finance (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) Functie Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) is looking for enthusiastic junior lecturers in Economics, B...
Specialist (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, 9 days ago
To strengthen our teams, we are now looking for a dedicated technical specialist for a parental leave replacement. The ifo Center for International Institutional Comparison and Migration Research ...
Junior Lecturer In Economics, Business Economics And/Or Finance (0.8 1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) is looking for enthusiastic junior lecturers in Economics, Business Economics and/or Finance. As a junior lecturer you are part of the teaching staf...
Junior Environmental Economist, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Are you the promising environmental economist who will support public and private policy makers on how to use economic incentives to make food and biomass production more climate-resilient and mor...