You are a dynamic and ambitious researcher with a strong profile, demonstrable by international publications and an international academic network. Your publications show broad knowledge of television and media from a cultural perspective, familiarity with current debates in media theory, aesthetics, history and/or archaeology, and a strong affinity with television and/or cross-media studies. Research relevance to environmentalism, globalization, disability studies, gender/sexuality studies or games/animation/comics will be considered an asset. Your research is interdisciplinary and fits into at least one of ASCA's research constellations (see above).
In addition to an ambitious scholar, we are looking for an enthusiastic teacher who will develop and provide modules on a range of media topics in relation to television, cross-media and/or social media, with an emphasis on their intersections and connections. We are seeking proven flexibility in teaching on topics beyond your own research focus, a willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams of teachers and the ability to offer inspiring lectures and tutorials in the BA, MA and minor programmes for a diverse group of students.
Your experience and profile:
- holds a PhD in or related to Media and Culture with a research focus relevant to television and cross-media studies;
- has an international academic network in the relevant research area;
- is an active and ambitious researcher with a strong publication record;
- demonstrates ability and ambition to obtain external research grants;
- has wide and relevant teaching experience at BA and MA level;
- has excellent command (near-native fluency) of both Dutch and English. An active and passive command of Dutch must be acquired within two years of the employment contract and the state examination for Dutch as a Second Language programme II must be passed;
- has experience with digital and audiovisual teaching facilities and affinity with IT in university teaching;
- is a good team worker and versatile at all levels, capable of multidisciplinary co-operation;
- has excellent organisational experience and skills;
- has acquired the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification, or is willing to acquire this within the first two years.
Research that entails collaboration with non-academic institutions and agencies in the Netherlands, Europe, and beyond is highly welcome.
Officer, Auc Tv Field Production, Kamal Adham Center For Tv And Digital Journalism, Grant Position, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 10 hours ago
Reports to: Assistant Director for Operations and Engineering Services Purpose: The job holder plays a crucial role in bringing stories and event coverages about research, student life, program...
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer In Cinema And Television, BNU-HKBU UNITED INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
UIC now invites candidates for this position which is expected to be filled in February 2023: Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer in Cinema and Televisio...
Assistant Director Of Tv Production Athletics (Job Id: 44725), University of Louisville, United States, 22 days ago
Job ID: 44725 Location: undefined Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in a related field and three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. Grade ...
Junior Research Engineer (M/W/D) Augmented & Virtual Reality Thermische Industrieprozesse , AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria, about 1 month ago
AIT TomorrowToday 618 subscribers Subscribe Subscribed About the AIT Austrian Institute of Technology Watch later Share Copy link Info Shopping Tap to unmute If playback doesn't begin shortly, try...
Technician (M/W/D) Leistungselektronik/Erneuerbare Energiesysteme , AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria, 16 days ago
AIT TomorrowToday 624 subscribers Subscribe Subscribed About the AIT Austrian Institute of Technology Watch later Share Copy link Info Shopping Tap to unmute If playback doesn't begin shortly, try...
Lecturer In Advertising , University of Central Lancashire ;, China, 16 days ago
(Fixed Term Contract to August 2024, with potential extension on an academic yearly basis) HebeiUniversity, Baoding, Hebei Province,China* £28,772 per annum (pro rata) plus benefits package *Due t...